In regards to this video...what are we looking at here?

Raven434th

In regards to this video...what are we looking at here?

Is it a newest bestest expensive graphics card or is it a sneak peek at a new graphs engine? Or both? I ask this because my system looks nothing like this even at full settings. I'm using AMD RADEON RX 560 4gb card. This video looks simply gorgeous...mine looks ok...but thls looks sooo much better and I'd really like to know why.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Dawn and dusk, or generally - low sun conditions are enough to make the game look twice better. Glowing Amraam knows it well, that's why he makes these videos the way he makes them :D.

Not that it's DCS thing anyway, this simple rule applies to every flight sim out there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think there are some new effects in these videos whats not ingame yet but overall we can make the game almost look like this .

In these footages the time of the day the weather and the camera angle is carefully set to achive the perfect lighting to create the best visuals and show DCS at its best.

I am not sure but its also possible that these are also rendered replays.

As I remember there used to be an option in DCS to render a replay for videomaking purposes frame by frame whats still used the ingame graphical engine but it made everything look a bit smooher compared to usual gameplay . It seems this options have been removed from the game but maybe they still use it internally creating their promo videos. I don't know for sure.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

It's a supercut of some of the trailers from the past 1-2 years. Nothing new.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can confirm that my index nor my monitor looks anything close.

Maybe someday when I can afford a good system..

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

GA swears by his videos. He says he doesn't do any visual editing. It's all about the ToD in game with low sun and angles.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

GA swears by his videos. He says he doesn't do any visual editing. It's all about the ToD in game with low sun and angles.

I can confirm this. Running all setttings maxed out (no mods!) and with a time of day that provides beautiful sunlighting the game on my side does look exactly like in the trailers.

The wet carrier deck shown

is the only exception. It seems like this is not yet available in the public version (unless it was part of one of the recent updates, which I haven't checked).
Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

It was part of one of the recent updates.

Oh cool, I haven't flown in the rain for a while (unfortunately only very few MP servers offer adverse weather). I will have to check it out then. :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

For these dark reflections (these are not shadows) you need to turn on SSLR. Light reflection shows without it too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=244726&stc=1&d=1597390700

I don't really like the wet platform effect. It has a uniform appearance of oiled steel. It should look more like asphalt with a rough texture.

I think there is a mod that simulates the wet track effect much better, but unfortunately it does not pass the integrity filter.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274704

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

My 2 c:

While the game can look fantastic at certain times of day, during certain weather conditions and certain altitudes, I have to say that in general DCS World has never looked uglier and ran less efficiently, at least since the switch to DCS World 2.5. (The switch from 1.x.x to 2.x.x. was fantastic though)

I feel kind of dissapointed that to keep DCS looking and running great we have to keep throwing more and more powerful hardware at it, while seeing very little improvement in graphics. I will admit that cockpits have gone up in fidelity but everything else seems to be 1 step forwards, two steps back.

Please don't take this as a rant, but more as constructive criticism. I do appreciate that ED is a business and that modules take priority. I do wish that at least with the degraded visuals we would get better frame-rates but this does not seem to be the case.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

My 2 c:

While the game can look fantastic at certain times of day, during certain weather conditions and certain altitudes, I have to say that in general DCS World has never looked uglier and ran less efficiently, at least since the switch to DCS World 2.5. (The switch from 1.x.x to 2.x.x. was fantastic though)

I feel kind of dissapointed that to keep DCS looking and running great we have to keep throwing more and more powerful hardware at it, while seeing very little improvement in graphics. I will admit that cockpits have gone up in fidelity but everything else seems to be 1 step forwards, two steps back.

Please don't take this as a rant, but more as constructive criticism. I do appreciate that ED is a business and that modules take priority. I do wish that at least with the degraded visuals we would get better frame-rates but this does not seem to be the case.

I couldn't disagree any more then I do right now.

My experience has been 2.5 onwards has massively improved the graphic performance of DCS, I have even lifted my settings to near max now.

Also, the last thing I want is DCS to stop taking advantage of new hardware, we're living with a legacy of that right now with DCS having such a reliance on single core performance. Not that great.

If DCS doesn't keep improving then DCS will get left behind, if DCS doesn't make use of new hardware then people will leave DCS behind.

Just look at the response from people regarding MSFS2020's weather and environmental effects, it hasn't even released yet and people are already saying that is the standard to meet.

If you stand still, you get left behind.

I couldn't disagree any more then I do right now.

My experience has been 2.5 onwards has massively improved the graphic performance of DCS, I have even lifted my settings to near max now.

Also, the last thing I want is DCS to stop taking advantage of new hardware, we're living with a legacy of that right now with DCS having such a reliance on single core performance. Not that great.

If DCS doesn't keep improving then DCS will get left behind, if DCS doesn't make use of new hardware then people will leave DCS behind.

Just look at the response from people regarding MSFS2020's weather and environmental effects, it hasn't even released yet and people are already saying that is the standard to meet.

If you stand still, you get left behind.

You have completely misunderstood my post.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

My 2 c:

I do get where you’re coming from, it was talked about some time back about VR improvement by some 50% I believe, but we never had any confirmation as to if this was ever implemented. There was an improvement in terms of VR performance because I remember for some time the F14 would often be stuck around 30fps and now I more or less achieve a steady 45fps. Certainly on the PG map. 50%? I would say no.

Regarding the hardware updating, the fact that there is a lot of talk about implementation of Vulkan would suggest that DCS isn’t currently utilising the full potential of current hardware, but they’ve recognised this and doing something about it. I will be honest and say that I was disappointed with the performance of the channel map in VR and I’ve never been disappointed in anything ED has done before. I don’t think I will rush into buying Syria until I read some feedback.

Separate: but some may want to take note I have noticed and I would recommend this to anyone out there, and this is coming from someone that loves mods, with the latest OB patch I have resisted mods and it was difficult for me, but the F18 in VR for example is running like a dream for me in OB with no mods. I have a separate install of the stable version which I mod with my favourite ones. Fresh repair and remove all mods, it may be worth a go for you all? Something to try.

I know I’m coming at this from a VR perspective and not everyone uses VR. But I know VR pushes performance to the limit.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV