Heatblur "Forge"

flybull

Hello Heatblur Team,

May I first start off by congratulating you on the masterpiece that you created with the F-14. In over 35 years of flight simulation, I have experience awe at many releases that were great for their time. The F-14 is simply the best ever. Thank you.

Regarding Heatblur "Forge" - a workflow introduced to us in your Pre-Order/Gameplay reveal trailer from OCT 2018, you advertised dynamic cockpits - including weathering changes and even different seat cushions.

I would like to know what Heatblur's intentions are with respect to implementing these features. Cockpit weathering is particularly important to may users - I know that i'm not alone in wanting a fresher cockpit option - with the added benefit of assisting VR readability.

There have been other discussions which have covered individual's preference - and I don't want this this to degenerate into a debate - I just want to know if/when we will get the advertised features of 'Forge"

Keep up the stellar work. I'm really looking forward to the -A model (with a fresher 70s/80s feel!)

Cheers,

HEATBLUR Fan boy and F-14 aficionado

Dave

I don't have an answer but would like to congratulate you Dave on posting a well thought-out question in such a mature and civil way. So many single-sentence complaints and demands take up this forum. I hope HB give you the response you deserve. :)

Thank you for your question, flybull, and thank you draconus for the links.

These statements are still true, both. ATM the focus is on finishing all necessary features, continued bug fixing, etc. Then we will see how deep we can dive into the dynamic cockpit stuff. This is then a question for Cobra to answer in particular, rather than me. However as I said, a complete change of wear never was thought out or would never have been possible, our apologies if that got misunderstood. Changing the weathering for a panel here and there is one thing, making a complete fresh and clean looking cockpit is another. It is not a question of want either for us. We'd love to acommodate those of you who'd wish for a clean pit. taste or not, primarily we want to fulfill your wishes as much as we can of course. But time and ressources simply do not allow for such an endeavour, unfortunately.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/