My A-10C preparation

rocketeer

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ar7rfId.png

With Joe Sim's help, got it working after he says a few of those unused pins need to be set to high by joining the VCC pin to 5 VDC. But i had to swap D1 and D5 in the order in dcs bios for it to work as intended. Don't know why. Now after you push it to one side in the sim it will auto center.

const byte efcpEmerTrimPins[5] = {D5, D2, D3, D4, D1};

DcsBios::SwitchMultiPos efcpEmerTrim("EFCP_EMER_TRIM", efcpEmerTrimPins, 5);

Those NC pins are left untouched.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I recently purchased a Rockwell Collins CDU-900 faceplate off ebay. It has a 37 Pin connector on back and after doing some basic circuit tests the buttons seem to be functioning. I am using it to build a very basic cockpit sim for my boys to play with and the only functionality I'd like to use it for would be for the on/off switch to function and the keypad to backlight. I have two questions:

1. Is the keypad designed to backlight when properly connected and powered on?

2. If so, what would be the proper pin connections and voltage to make this happen? (I already have a pin schematic for the letters, however, I can't find the right combination to light up the keypad, if it is even possible).

I am a beginner at this and learning as I go, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you,

0q-wQpoH21jrfBR-iIFX1Vclw#Home

Edited by SURFMONKEY007
Added Picture

1. yes it can be back lit

2. easy way to find that is remove the back plate aluminum if there is one remove the pcb with bulbs on it and test the connection to a bulb soldier location.

advice read Hansolo's Thread and GS Rain's thread great information in both.

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.