Top Gun 2019

M0ltar

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules are rules, In the past its always been aim-9 and R-73, Seriously whats the problem? Theres a simple answer dont join the event :smilewink:

That's why I'm doing guns only 1v1 and not entering the 2v2 or 4v4 my dude

We have done some testing with some of the best pilots in DCS and found that the aim9x makes a merge unwinable. On top of that the 73, though it is good, is not a 9x. The max off bore for the 73 is much lower than the 90 provided by the 9x. Couple that with the increased ccm resistance and it’s a landslide in the 9x favor which is the reason we deemed it not fit for combative play. The 73 is very easy to flare and has a smoked motor. These are both faults the 9x does not suffer from.

Rules are rules. I didn't enter the 2v2 or 4v4 because of that. Either way a non HOBS jet against an R-73 equipped one off the merge is gonna be defensive off the merge every time. Even if the R-73 is smokey and easy to flare simply being defensive right off the merge can lose you the fight more often than not. In that situation if you aren't dead off the merge it's because you got lucky and nothing else. So I guess it's going to be Flankers and Fulcrums winning missiles fights for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

I think it's awesome though how the 9x is too good to be used in servers and competitions, but the R-73 is perfectly fine against jets that don't have HOBS missiles. Double standards are fun. The hypocrisy is unreal. Biased too

Edited by Heavy-D69420

I think it's awesome though how the 9x is too good to be used in servers and competitions, but the R-73 is perfectly fine against jets that don't have HOBS missiles. Double standards are fun. The hypocrisy is unreal. Biased too

History shows F15 with aim9m is very powerful in 2v2 against su27+r73. The main problem of aim9x is the extreme flare resistance. That makes it too much of an instakill weapon.

History shows F15 with aim9m is very powerful in 2v2 against su27+r73. The main problem of aim9x is the extreme flare resistance. That makes it too much of an instakill weapon.

R-73 is OP AF too, there dude

I registered for the 1v1 under the username Dougie-C, but I'd like to request that my username be changed to fartbox smasher.

Thank you.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused

Edited by Heavy-D69420

Everybody that's anti AIM-9X just flies Russian jets and they don't want to lose their edge.

It's not about being anti 9X, it's about favouring the odds.

Aim9X gives weaker pilots an easy win.

How many events have you hosted? Have you followed any of the previous events?

Have you practiced the different payloads against some of the historically best pilots in this event and gathered data to conclude what is fair?

If any of these are true then you will know all about how successful the F15 has been in these events.

But the answer is probably no so you're coming here trying to force your own agenda with no substantial experience, how is that any less biased.

The rules are set in place for a fair fight if you don't see this then don't join, coming here with such disrespectful manner to the organisers is not welcome so kindly go play your own game.

After the event is concluded it will be evaluated and questions can be raised but to do it now and claim bias etc. is stirring up a playground attitude and not welcome amongst mature adults.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I registered for the 1v1 under the username Dougie-C, but I'd like to request that my username be changed to fartbox smasher.

Thank you.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused

Can admin delete the post its pathetic and ban him while your at it :thumbup:

It's not about being anti 9X, it's about favouring the odds.

Aim9X gives weaker pilots an easy win.

How many events have you hosted? Have you followed any of the previous events?

Have you practiced the different payloads against some of the historically best pilots in this event and gathered data to conclude what is fair?

If any of these are true then you will know all about how successful the F15 has been in these events.

But the answer is probably no so you're coming here trying to force your own agenda with no substantial experience, how is that any less biased.

The rules are set in place for a fair fight if you don't see this then don't join, coming here with such disrespectful manner to the organisers is not welcome so kindly go play your own game.

After the event is concluded it will be evaluated and questions can be raised but to do it now and claim bias etc. is stirring up a playground attitude and not welcome amongst mature adults.

So you're saying all the Flanker and Mig-29 pilots that use the R-73 and helmet mounted sight are a bunch of useless inferior noobs? Because it's the same thing. R-73 and the HMD gives you an easy win.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

Can admin delete the post its pathetic and ban him while your at it :thumbup:

What you can't tolerate a silly username in a computer game? So I have to be banned?

Rules are not going to change in regards to the 9x. If you have an issue with it, don’t fly in the event. If anyone has issues with other rules or guidelines please bring them up in a kind and professional manor and they can be discussed, but this on going debate involving the 9x needs to end. It’s banning has already been scrutinized and deamed appropriate.

Edited by M0ltar

Since it's seems to be about fairness between all the jets in this competition. Some radars are basically binary (FC3) as far as seeing you or not within the cone and some are garbage because they simulate the a beam that hasn't been perfected yet (Hornet). For the 1v1 guns event, why not close the distance down to head to head at 10 miles so both parties have a good chance at gaining visual contact. Based on the practice runs I've done the Hornet radar is pretty sketchy as far as when it picks stuff up and when it doesn't even head to head at coaltitude. 50% of the time it seems the radar isn't going to work until you are WVR and can use gun acq.

That would also decrease the total length of each fight which would make the competition move faster and make it more action packed for stream viewers.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

...the Hornet radar is pretty sketchy as far as when it picks stuff up and when it doesn't even head to head at coaltitude. 50% of the time it seems the radar isn't going to work until you are WVR and can use gun acq.

That's no true, and despite that, the rules are already set, if I'm not wrong, this is a place for sign up and ask questions about the event.

I assume that you will be able to discuss and add your feedback about the tournament later after the finalization.

Also, if you don't like the current state of the Hornet, pick another plane.

Edited by Fortinero