Gimbal mechanics for 3D pinter

For 3D printing.

ED-420 gimbal, dual CAM per axis, bearings in pivots.

01.thumb.jpg.55e36c6d06183747096429041a647147.jpg

Draw for Defender Cobra M5 base, but suitable for DIY joystick projects.

Topic in il-2 Sturmovik.ru

Link for files in the topic. Login is same of il2sturmovik.com.

Similar project, Olukelo gimbal.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2496028

Edited by Sokol1_br

@propeler, Thanks for the files in githhub…. Personally I don't have access to Solidworks. I have been using Fusion 360 for my printing needs.

@Biggus You know when I bought my printer, I was on the fence because it was 100% hobby thing. I have more of a interest in metal working and machining then plastic. But man once I got it, its really addicting and satisfying to draw something and print it up. I bought it to print knobs and stuff for the "pending thought" in my head of the cockpit I plan to build.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sokol1,

Thanks for posting this as it is very timely. I was about to try doing my own 3D printed CAM follower type joystick mechanism in Fusion360. I think I'll first try this one and see how it works and if I can improve on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

It would be nice to see an installed part to hold the springs/bands, as I imagine PLA will wear and eventually break there first.

It actually wears really slowly on roads where bearings are rolling. Mine stay around 8 month to notice some smoothness changes. But you can always print spare CAMs and replace only them ;)