Elgato Stream Deck as configurable button box - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 06:43 AM   #141
frostycab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruman View Post
You don't run DCS in Admin mode, correct? Because if your Streamdeck is not running admin as well, DCS could simply be ignoring the Streamdeck software inputs.

Probably not the cause, but just wanted to point out the possibility.
Good luck.
Just leaving for work, but I will investigate this when I get home tonight. Thanks.

UPDATE: You, Sir (or Madam), are a LEGEND!!!!!! Where do I send the cheque???

I've just come home, and gave this a try. Shut down the Streamdeck software and restarted it as admin. Then, instead of launching DCS from DCS Updater as I normally do, I went through explorer, and started DCS.exe as admin too. Guess what....it worked!!! I've set both programs to always run as admin now.

Such a simple little thing to change, but its made a world of difference. Thank you so much! A big thanks to everyone else for all the other help they've offered too. I love you all!

Last edited by frostycab; 05-15-2019 at 07:48 PM.
frostycab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #142
=Panther=

Dang I was hoping the install directory would solve the issue.

Running as admin is my last guess. I personally didn't have success with that, as I use SD for more than just DCS. Some programs (OBS, TIR, etc) didn't like being ran as admin.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:50 PM   #143
frostycab

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
Dang I was hoping the install directory would solve the issue.

Running as admin is my last guess. I personally didn't have success with that, as I use SD for more than just DCS. Some programs (OBS, TIR, etc) didn't like being ran as admin.
Literally just updated my my last post while you were posting. All working now. If some other software has issues with admin mode then I can happily switch between admin and normal mode. Just so happy to have this working in DCS now.
frostycab is offline   Reply With Quote