Error in EDM export...Corrupted 3D Studio Max?

Hi,

I've parked for a while my project, and now going to do an export, I have many of this message:

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVChannel_1..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: shock_absorber_front. File: .build\x86_64\vc141.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2017\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:416.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVChannel_1..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: muffler. File: .build\x86_64\vc141.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2017\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:416.

Error: Parser error:[string "p={MapChannel:1 = UVChannel_1..."]:1: '<name>' expected near '1'.. Node: brake_caliper_front. File: .build\x86_64\vc141.release\Utils\NGModel_MaxPlugins\2017\Exporter\EDModelExporter.cpp:416.

The strange thinks is, also going to export as FBX, my 3ds crash!

Some idea to try to fix the project without loose my work done so far?

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

The Materials assigned to those Meshes are not Compatible w/ EDM.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Materials assigned to those Meshes are not Compatible w/ EDM.

Interesting, I think the "break point" was installation of some mental ray or something like that, without redoing all the unwrapping that was the most timewasting task of this project, can I try to delete all the material and do it again?

Thanks

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

What material format are you using?

You don't need to redo the unwrap. Re assign the materials to the model

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

What material format are you using?

You don't need to redo the unwrap. Re assign the materials to the model

Uhm, I try to make a new (standard/scanline ) material, and assign to all the element in the scene.

o4jX4W7DmCTBtjXKsluuRo38TKFZJd

I've the same error when try to export to .edm :(

I've also try to do this steps ( script ) reported somewhere as "cleaning" material

objects.material = undefined

for i = 1 to 24 do meditmaterials = standard()

Even doing this steps, saving-closing-reopening the project in material manager I see the "old" scene material

5QpLr1rIYmqhDfgDw4jaZjbwqNnVZW

• 1 year later...

You don't need anything there.

Make sure it's in editable format ie poly/mesh

When assigning a material click show in view port so there's a red mark on them

make cool the material

gqmVhHF.jpg

lZhE4x2.jpg

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45