CH Control manager Big problem

Chris91

Hi,

I left my joyctik Figheiterstick of CH Products because to drive the helicopters it is much more flexible and I pilot much more easily as well.

But .. does DCS World 2.5+ work with CM Control Center v4.55?

Because I created a profile allowing me to assign 3 functions to each button.

But in DCS it does not work.

On the other hand if I assign the buttons directly in the control panel of DCS, a button = 1 function there no problem here works.

Merci pour votre aide.

3map.jpg.8c7c24a4bc33add07890cea0d60937ae.jpg

2cm.jpg.d74f70b834e989fb74ee1ec43fe92648.jpg

1cm.jpg.568ff4ce2b78620d758c7a8cadbe6628.jpg

You can have 3 or more functions per button in the DCS control bindings by the use of modifier function . As it requires a simultaneous two-button press , as a practical matter , i assign one hat as a modifier ( in my case , on the joystick) . This allows up to 5 functions for each switch on the throttle . You could likewise use a hat on the throttle for the modifier , and enjoy up to five functions for each button on the joystick .

Being old and slow , i only use one hat button as a modifier , and use the other three for standard single-press functions . That allows two functions for every switch on the throttle , which is as much as i can retain in my cobweb memory :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thank you for your response, but it does not answer my problem at all.

Since I say in the post, that the shortcuts programmed in CH manager, do not work in DCS, and I do not understand at all the reason.

On Windows 10 is works, sorta; the issue isn't, for me, DCS, but Windows. It will freeze up after you download your profile to the CM and won't work again until you either kill the process or reboot. But, again, I've never had a problem with DCS recognizing my settings, though I don't have a complex profile.

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Just to make sure, in one of your picture you are in direct mode; you know you should be in mapped mode for your profile to work, right ? Do you have working profiles in other games ?

I used to use a CH profile with my Fighterstick and Pro Throttle, though I now switched to a Warthog (and had stopped using the profile at the end).

I might be able to plug my fighterstick and take a look at your profile; maybe you can post it ?

Edited by Robin_Hood

Jross thanks,

Which process should I disable in W10?

Robin thank you,

I tried both modes 'direct' and 'maped' without success!

I put you my profile which is 'just' a test, it was to check that everything worked (which is not) it's the only CH control manager profile I have. because I use the warthog for the throttle.

But to drive the helicopter I need a more flexible joy and CH is fine, Finally if I can make this profile work.

thanks a lot for your help

Christy.

CH.zip

Edited by Chris91

Alright, so from what I can see, with your profile, the joystick will behave exactly as it would without a profile.

Let me try to summarize how CH profiles work:

Joystick modes

From the CH Control Center, there are three ways you can put your joystick in: OFF, Direct and Mapped.

In OFF, mode, the joystick is seen by the CH utility, but not by Windows or any game. It is deactived

In Direct mode, the joystick works as a DirectX input device, and is directly recognized by Windows and games.

In Mapped mode, a profile is loaded that will create virtual joysticks and virtual keyboards to customize what your joystick will do. This is the mode of interest here.

DirectX vs Virtual Keyboard

In a basic (without scripting) CH profile, you can assign two basic function to any button on your device. Either it will be recognized as a DirectX input (and recognized like a joystick button by Windows), or it will send a key from a virtual keyboard (just like if you were to actually press the corresponding key on your keyboard). Axes are a little different, but usually you will want them recognized as DirectX axes.

In the following screenshot, Button 2 is set as a DirectX input (DX Mode checkbox). You can see that it is set to send "Button 2" from the virtual joystick "CM Device 1".

CH_profile_1.png?raw=1

In this second image, the same button is set as a virtual keyboard, and will simply send the key "k" when you press the button. Note that you can choose to send a key when you release the button instead (or in addition to). There are more complex instructions that you can give, such as pauses, or sequence forcing (such as "press a - press k - release a - release k), but they are beyond the scope of my basic explanation.

CH_profile_2.png?raw=1

Note that in this case, no DirectX input will be sent, and if "Press" and "Release" are left blank, nothing will happen when you press the button (and it will not be recognized by DCS).

Shift mode

You can also use one button as a modifier. For example, if you use button 4 (the pinky) as the modifier, then Button 4 + Button 2 will have a different effect than Button 2 alone. Again, this action can be a key or a DirectX input.

To set your modifier, check the "Shift" box. Then, for any button that you want to use a second action, use the "Shifted Action" boxes to set it. Note that you cannot mix DirectX and keystrokes for a single button (ie. send a DirectX input as normal action and a keystroke as shifted action).

Master modes

The Fighterstick (and the Pro Throttle) supports 3 independent modes, indicated by coloured LEDs on the base of the stick (red, green, yellow). Any button or axis can be assigned a different action depending on the mode you're in.

You can set this using the Mode 1 / Mode 2 / Mode 3 tabs. Note that if you leave modes 2 and 3 blank, they will use the action for mode 1.

You toggle between the three modes via the Button 3, on the right side of the stick (unfortunately, you cannot chose another button for that).

I hope this helps. I'm also attaching my old Flaming Cliffs 2 profile as an example - it uses all three modes, and also the shift (modifier); it even has a little script, but nothing really useful there.

I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve with your profile, so if you need more help, I'll try to keep on checking this topic.

FC2_profile.zip

Robin, Merci beaucoup vos explications et votre fichier devrait m'aider.

Je n'avais effectivement pas bien compris le mode 'maped' et le manuel trouvé sur C6, fais l'impasse sur ce mode, sans donner d'infos précises.

Le mode décalage est intéréssant, mais les 3 modes classique vont me suffire amplement.

Je vous tiens au courant. :thumbup:

Robin :) ,

J'ai désinstallé CH manager et réinstallé refait le fichier.map, et j'ai lancé CM control center en sélectionnant 'mapped'. dans Dcs il est maintenant reconnu. Ce n'était pas mon fichier 'map' qui était en cause.

Par contre il y a une belle anomalie me semble t'il. je vous met mon fichier en zip. les cdes que j'ai placé en mode 1-2-3 répondent correctement dans DCS. Mais il y a problème avec la cde : Trim reset - stationnaire et CH ou DCS. (si je fais le raccourci sur le clavier dans dcs çà fonctionne).

Dans dcs 'menu des cdes' observez sur l'image tout en haut à droite colonne CH il est indiqué Joy_'BTN3. or dans CH manager çà correspond au bouton 14 et j'ai 32 boutons.

Sur l'image Dcs il n'y a que 12 boutons et des POV. CH control 'ou Dcs' n'affiche pas le nombre exact de bouton prévu dans CH control manager soit 16 ou 32.

le bouton '3' indiqué par Dcs fonctionne pour le trim 'uniquement', mais les autres fonctions (de ce même bouton) trim reset et stationnaire figurent sous le même bouton : btn3 dans le menu DCS et ne fonctionnent donc pas.

Toujours dans le menu DCS, si j'appuie sur les mêmes boutons avec les 3 modes, chaque fonction est visible dans DCS et bien reconnue.

Le problème du BTN 3, ne me semble pas normal, est-ce un bug DCS, devrai-je le faire remonter ?

cm4.jpg.9c4927c8dd1ca5eda40133e9abd112cb.jpg

Chris_Ka50.zip

Edited by Chris91

Chris,

Sur l'image, tu es dans l'assignation de modificateurs de DCS, c'est seulement pour pouvoir faire des "Bouton 3 + Bouton 4" (c'est la même fonction que le "Shift" du CH manager).

J'ai regardé un peu ton profil, je suppose que "trim reset" et "stationnaire on-off" ne fonctionnent pas, ou plutôt qu'ils font simplement le trim. C'est parce qu'ils sont configurés pour envoyer "t" lors de l'appui, tout simplement. Le "Shifted action" signifie qu'ils enverraient respectivement contrôle gauche et alt, s'ils étaient actionnés en même temps que la touche de "shift" (sauf qu'aucune n'et configurée).

Pour envoyer "contrôle gauche + t", plusieurs solutions:

- "CTL t". En utilisant CTL, SHF, ALT, la combinaison de touches sera envoyée. Note que les touches gauches sont utilisées ici.

- "HOLD LCTL t". Ici, le LCTL précise le contrôle gauche (c'est nécessaire pour pouvoir utiliser les contrôle droit etc...). Le HOLD fait que les deux touches sont appuyées ensembles.

- "+LCTL +t -t -LCTL". Ceci demandera explicitement d'appuyer sur LCTL, puis sur t, puis de lâcher t, puis de lâcher LCTL.

Je te conseille aussi de bien vérifier avec le "Key Check" du manager, qui permet de regarder exactement ce qui est envoyé comment et dans quel ordre, pour vérifier que le résultat est bien celui voulu.

Merci Robin, tes explications ont réglé le problème et j'ai réussi dans DCS à avoir toutes les fonctions OK.

Par contre, sous w10 j'avais un autre problème, c'est que le CMCC dans la barre de tâche, affichait une fois sur 2 ou 3 .. c'était alléatoire. mais les icones Direct et Mapped 'ETAIENT GRISEES' donc impossible d'avoir un mode

prêt pour le jeu. et bien sur çà ne fonctionne plus quand c'est 'gris' les icones.

j'ai cherché sur internet et j'ai trouvé la solution, que je poste en détail sur ce post afin qu'il soit utile à d'autres.

solution :

1) Ouvrez le Gestionnaire de périphériques dans Windows

2) Trouvez la liste de produits CH et développez-la

3) Pour chaque périphérique répertorié:

A) Cliquez avec le bouton droit de la souris, puis cliquez sur les propriétés dans la fenêtre du périphérique.

B) Cliquez sur l'onglet Gestion de l'alimentation, s'il en existe un. Sinon, fermez la fenêtre et passez au périphérique suivant.

C) Décochez la case "Autoriser l'ordinateur à éteindre ce périphérique pour

économiser de l'énergie"

Après avoir terminé tous les périphériques de la liste, j'ai redémarré mon PC. Après cela… cela a fonctionné sans faille, comme avant.

je peux basculer entre les modes direct et mappé, charger un nouveau profil, basculer d'un mode à l'autre, charger un autre profil, tout fonctionne sans plantages avec ce règlage.

• 4 months later...