Is there a less frustrating way to copy/paste multiple units at once?

sirrah

How do you guys select multiple units?

For instance, if you want to copy/paste 30 static objects from one existing mission to another already existing mission.

Right now I hold down the shift key and manually click on each object or unit, up until the point where I accidentally mis-click one unit and see my entire selection disappear :wallbash:

I know the box selection is a widely wished for item, but until ED grants us this wish, is there another way?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

not that Im aware of. Hopefully someone else has some better insight. ME is archaic, probably why we see so little content publicly from it as its so difficult and backwards to work with. I know if you select the LEAD vehicle from a group for example. You can LCTL+C, LCTL+V and it will copy and paste the whole group and its waypoints and settings quickly.

not that Im aware of. Hopefully someone else has some better insight. ME is archaic, probably why we see so little content publicly from it as its so difficult and backwards to work with. I know if you select the LEAD vehicle from a group for example. You can LCTL+C, LCTL+V and it will copy and paste the whole group and its waypoints and settings quickly.

Yeah, but unfortunately it's nog possible to group static objects (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I know they've got plenty on their hands, but I really hope ED will soon enhance the ME a bit further. Some of these minor tweaks would mean the world to us lesser brilliant ME minds (talking about myself here :P)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

... is there another way?

To minimize the need to copy groups of units & statics from one mission to another, whenever I start a new mission I begin by identifying groups that could be useful on future missions, then I start to build those groups first and save them as Static Templates.

Only after I've saved all of these groups as templates, only then I start to edit the remainder of the mission .. those aspects that usually will not be useful on another, different mission.

After a while of using this approach, one starts to build a collection of Static Templates that can then be used to edit new missions .. they can even be used to update older missions, as a Static Template can be added to a mission without overwrittin existing units.

With this approach I've reduced a lot the need to copy groups from one mission onto another, the only drawback is that currently the Static Templates are Map Specific, so one ends up with a bit of duplication, for example I've templates to place pre-built carrier fleets, but I need one such template for each map that has sea (all except nevada).

Nowadays, my Template library looks like this:

wPtzAcb.jpg

... and almost every new mission that I edit will produce as by-product one or two new Templates :)

But, of course, I do hope that ED will implement group copy-paste on the future, ideally with a box-selection like any good-mannered windows app.

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
To minimize the need to copy groups of units & statics from one mission to another, whenever I start a new mission I begin by identifying groups that could be useful on future missions, then I start to build those groups first and save them as Static Templates.

Only after I've saved all of these groups as templates, only then I start to edit the remainder of the mission .. those aspects that usually will not be useful on another, different mission.

After a while of using this approach, one starts to build a collection of Static Templates that can then be used to edit new missions .. they can even be used to update older missions, as a Static Template can be added to a mission without overwrittin existing units.

With this approach I've reduced a lot the need to copy groups from one mission onto another, the only drawback is that currently the Static Templates are Map Specific, so one ends up with a bit of duplication, for example I've templates to place pre-built carrier fleets, but I need one such template for each map that has sea (all except nevada).

Nowadays, my Template library looks like this:

wPtzAcb.jpg

... and almost every new mission that I edit will produce as by-product one or two new Templates :)

But, of course, I do hope that ED will implement group copy-paste on the future, ideally with a box-selection like any good-mannered windows app.

Cheers.

Would you be willing to share your templates with the community? That seems really useful.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Would you be willing to share your templates with the community? That seems really useful.

i’ve shared a lot of them, for example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221516

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3740859&postcount=3

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3722384&postcount=32

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223243

I’d love to be able to share Templates on the User’s Files, that would make it much easier to find them and would be an incentive for sharing more.

I also proposed a small change on the static templates load screen, to allow us to provide more meaningful documentation for each template: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250534

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You are an artist Rudel_chw! Beautiful stuff.

:thumbup: ... although the real artist is @voc as I use his Vpc airfield mod on almost all my missions, hopefully he will soon finish an IC compatible version of his Mod :)