***DCS: AJS-37 Coming to DCS: World!***

Cobra847

Never say we don't listen to our fans.

Here is a select page from the DCS:AJS-37 manual.

:smartass:

Wow thanks! You guys really do listen! :D

:D

Du döljer något för oss Cobra! Jag känner det på mig! :P

Edited by RaXha

Hi Cobra, a question for you regarding texturing/materials of the Viggen module. In the reddit thread you wrote about PBR and how you still "leverage PBR" with this module (but will take full effect in the Tomcat module) How will version 2.5 affect the appearance of the Viggen textures.

In the video on the Spitfire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_WzkyhiAs, the textures looked better imo than the other modules, more pbr-like (maybe it's just the bloom, specularity :) Can we expect a similar result with the Viggen, or whas this because of real PBR (instead of "leveraged") used in texturing the spitfire?

Regards

Edited by RabidRider

@Cobra,

The model and texturing looks amazing, but how will this affect performance? Will the system requirements be higher than the MiG-21? Or is it also really well optimized?

Thank for all of your hard work! :thumbup:

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well, it at least is not empty, and i can find some words there :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

There are two types of ground proximity warning:

"Bottenvarning", or "bottom warning" directly translated:

This warning is triggered if the radar altitude HR is less than 150m and less than half of the computer calculated barometric altitude HM. The warning is cancelled at altitudes below 50m if the landing gear is out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=152614&stc=1&d=1480575444

"Metspövarning", or "fishing pole warning" directly translated (did I mention that some Swedish aviation terms are a bit odd?):

In ground mapping mode (A1 or A2), this warning is triggered if the radar altitude and sink rate indicate that a ground impact will occur within 7 seconds. The warning is cancelled when aiming at ground targets, or with the gear out at altitudes below 50m.

attachment.php?attachmentid=152615&stc=1&d=1480575447

Thank you, that's great! :thumbup:

Edit: I should have known better... :P

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I own almost every DCS module and what really stands out on the Mig 21 is the weathering and worn surfaces. Some is pronounced and some is very subtle. It really feels like an operational aircraft and it takes a true artist to accomplish that. I see much of the same goodness on the Viggen too.

Nice job Leatherneck!