How to Kill the Dora Tutorial Video

USARStarkey

dont get me wrong, i liked to watch your vid...i just think, that using labels in a tutorial vid where you show boom n zoom technique is the wrong approach, as this is half the challenge,or even the most challenging part, keeping an eye on the bandit...

besides, as said, its only one way of doing it, so why not make a series, and show other ways to kill it as well?

as its a tutorial vid, which states how to kill the dora, i think it should contain more techniques.only a suggestion.

• ED Team
dont get me wrong, i liked to watch your vid...i just think, that using labels in a tutorial vid where you show boom n zoom technique is the wrong approach, as this is half the challenge,or even the most challenging part, keeping an eye on the bandit...

besides, as said, its only one way of doing it, so why not make a series, and show other ways to kill it as well?

as its a tutorial vid, which states how to kill the dora, i think it should contain more techniques.only a suggestion.

Perhaps there is other ways he could have shown the location if needed in the video, but then I dont have an issue of using labels in a tutorial video if the point is to show the position easily between you and the bandit... that is a little too nit picky ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I am in the process of making a No Icon tutorial videos. I have several more in the works already. Decided about 6 posts ago that is was necessary. Although in the video I do mention that it is very easy to out-turn the Dora and kill it that way. The have never claimed this is the only way to kill the thing. The difficulty in doing that is like I said in the video, the Dora knows it cant win a sustained turning duel, so it tends to decline. Its favorite maneuver is to zoom climb over and over and wait you to either make a mistake that cost you your zoom advantage and he goes into a sustained climb in escapes, or B: you lose alot of E shooting your .50s as you zoom and he gets away because the thing is made of depleted uranium. what I showed is what i think is the safest way to kill the Dora, ie: staying in high speed zooms until you have a decisive E advantage and you never let yourself be slow enough for him to use his sustained climb on you. TBH, although this tactic will work on humans and AI alike, there are faster ways of doing it, they just don't work as safely on the AI Dora since its Damage Model was delivered straight from Mt. Olympus. If you make even one E-Retention mistake and get too slow, that blasted thing will go into a climb and wait till you lose all your E due to recoil of you guns pulverizing it and he eventually climbs away at 200mph or so leaking like a sieve but performing just the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

The fact remains however that the lowest drag plane will have the highest dive speed and that is the mustang.

Not necessarily and therefore not a fact.

Every pilots account I have read on the P-47 has always picked up on the sheer speed of the P-47 in a dive.

Anyway lets see some more videos :) I will produce some how to utterly destory the P-51 when the Fw-190 is released... :music_whistling:

;)

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Lowest Drag means highest dive speed. P/W has little effect on absolute maximum dive speed. As an example, take the P-47. Terrible P/W, but can dive better than planea with alot better P/W, like the 109 or 190. The difference in P/W on these planes is large, and P-47 still dives much faster due to being much lower drag. Perhaps not initially, but that is highly dependent on the speed an altitude at which these planes start the dive. The P-47 Does Dive VERY FAST. The only plane I think could out dive it is a 51, and only just. I am making more videos. Also this inst a 190 vs 51 competition. I'm not claiming the 51 is better in these tutorials, just trying to show how you need to fly it vs a specific plane to win. I will very likely make my own videos on how to kill the Pony in the Dora as well.

Edited by USARStarkey

I am in the process of making a No Icon tutorial videos. I have several more in the works already. Decided about 6 posts ago that is was necessary. Although in the video I do mention that it is very easy to out-turn the Dora and kill it that way. The have never claimed this is the only way to kill the thing. The difficulty in doing that is like I said in the video, the Dora knows it cant win a sustained turning duel, so it tends to decline. Its favorite maneuver is to zoom climb over and over and wait you to either make a mistake that cost you your zoom advantage and he goes into a sustained climb in escapes, or B: you lose alot of E shooting your .50s as you zoom and he gets away because the thing is made of depleted uranium. what I showed is what i think is the safest way to kill the Dora, ie: staying in high speed zooms until you have a decisive E advantage and you never let yourself be slow enough for him to use his sustained climb on you. TBH, although this tactic will work on humans and AI alike, there are faster ways of doing it, they just don't work as safely on the AI Dora since its Damage Model was delivered straight from Mt. Olympus. If you make even one E-Retention mistake and get too slow, that blasted thing will go into a climb and wait till you lose all your E due to recoil of you guns pulverizing it and he eventually climbs away at 200mph or so leaking like a sieve but performing just the same.

interesting, honestly, i feel the exact opposite.

in my view, this is the hardest way you have chosen to kill it, and also not the safest way.at least thats how i perceive it in game.

also the damage model definitely needs tweaking, and ED is aware of that, for example the dora losing two or three tails, or wings ,...but still its pretty easy to kill it if you only aim well.most of the time a well aimed two second burst is enough in my experience.

Every pilots account I have read on the P-47 has always picked up on the sheer speed of the P-47 in a dive.

Anyway lets see some more videos :) I will produce some how to utterly destory the P-51 when the Fw-190 is released... :music_whistling:

;)

:)

Clearly this has become a 190 vs 51 thread. Which it was not intended to be. No one here stated the 51 or 190 was better.

Haha, it was a joke dude come on relax :)

I am no armchair general, both aircraft were clearly great and both had slight weaknesses and advantages over the other. Yes I am a huge fan of the Dora but due to DCS and ED I am now a huge fan of the P-51 an aircraft I have hated with a passion in other "sims" and now I love it.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Please change the title too "... versus Dora9 AI!"

A good Player Pilot will always win against this "tactics"!

Too many losts of sight and the AI knows nothing about energy fighting!

The P51 Pilot was extremly passiv!

He got the altitude avantage and then he was only reacting not acting.

And without the labels I hardly doubt he could win. So many losts of sight!?

Why?

Don't act like this!

If so, you will always be like a sitting duck for a good Player Pilot.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Why?

Don't act like this!

Well I wouldn't go quite that far, booming and zooming is a valid tactic as long as you get a decent hit in the first pass and you would be very lucky to do that against the AI 190 at the moment.

Project IX Cockpit

Haha, it was a joke dude come on relax :)

I am no armchair general, both aircraft were clearly great and both had slight weaknesses and advantages over the other. Yes I am a huge fan of the Dora but due to DCS and ED I am now a huge fan of the P-51 an aircraft I have hated with a passion in other "sims" and now I love it.

I agree with your statements here. Especially the bit about the P-51 being better than it is in other sims.

Although I am still make "How to kill the Dora, Grognard Edtion"

Why?

Don't act like this!

I'm not even sure what your trying to say here.

I agree with your statements here. Especially the bit about the P-51 being better than it is in other sims.

Although I am still make "How to kill the Dora, Grognard Edtion"

:gun_sniper:

:thumbup:

Project IX Cockpit

Which means I'll be making my "How to kill the Dora and Mustang with your Spitfire, using your side arm" ;)

Spoil sport, why does some noob always have to use the I win button :doh:

:D

If I shoot you down, your just going to get an La-7 aren't you :(

Project IX Cockpit

Spoil sport, why does some noob always have to use the I win button :doh:

:D

If I shoot you down, your just going to get an La-7 aren't you :(

Yes that spit will be quite good. Especially the new spit XIV, will be as fast or faster than everything else were getting, a better or equal climber, and the best turner by far lol.

Trade my Spitfire in? NEVER! I will get in a bomber and bomb your house though... when we get a bomber...

Come on now old chap, Bristol has had it share of bombing don't you think :noexpression:

We have seen enough of those pesky Dornier Flying Pencils :thumbup:

Project IX Cockpit

Put two Doras, but from different groups each. It is more difficult than one group

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)