X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

W10 needs more electricity than W7?

Because it works perfect in seven for me. It´s a software/profiles problem in W10, not an electricity problem.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible to say what people have done to their systems besides updating the OS. Maybe he moved the plugs around? In any case, my X-55 and CH pedals had no change from 8.1 to 10. But there is one other possible source of a problem and that's using the profile software to have the joystick emulate a keyboard. Other than adjusting some global deadzones and response curves, I don't use Saitek's profile tool. So it is possible the profile tool maybe messed up even if the drivers themselves are fine. That would explain the different experience assuming power isn't a problem.

Most of complains abouth this josytick are relelated with the keymaper software.

I wonder why people dont try other keymapper, Xpadder, Joy2key do most of the sim needs,

they are "bullet proof (I never see then crash or cause game/Windows crash) use low system resources, can be started after the game, reconfigured "on the fly"...

Not that they are "better solution", but at least are a less problematic one.

This is just hilarious ... and so sad at the same time...

It is like Saitek/Madcatz just didn't knew about Windows 10.

My issue with X-55/Windows 10 so far :

- Keyboard binding spams while moving the throttle

- Whole computer lockup when unplugging the X-55 (have to hard reboot)

As for the "no Win10 ready drivers yet", it is not like if Windows 10 preview wasn't available for several months.

:(

I have the exact same problem while using my X-55 throttle.

I've sent a ticket to Saitek's support but I'm curious why it's so messed up whereas W10 has been available for months.

Many users report the same issues on several forums and YouTube.

(I even tried different USB ports and I have a solid power supply installed)

None of my sims are usable in that state :(

Gear self-retracting on the runway, airbrake not responding, etc.

I'll go check the suggested alternatives. Thanks Sokol :thumbup:

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I installed Win10 today and played RoF, BoS and DCS. I encountered no issues. The issues described above look an awful lot like the usual insufficient power issue the X-55 is known for. Give it more electricity and it should work just fine.

I had this on Windows 8.1, with no problem. I used a extern powered usb with no problem in Windows 8.1. What I talk about is in windows 10 with the software, in game is not the problem.

The problem is about buttons that can not be mapped correctly in the Saitek software it self in Windows 10. The stick do not registered correctly if you let the trigger etch be mapped as a "E", and you push the trigger in test, nothing happens, no response. Programmed in game it self, no problem and working.

I also have Corsair AX 860i watt PSU.

But do the Saitek software also function for you in Windows 10? It's the stick that has the most problem when mapping in the Saitek Software.

But it's clear that Saitek work on something since they talk about working on a next gen driver and software for X-55 Rhino. And on Mad Catz web page, it's clear that there is not an specific driver for X-55 Rhino for Windows 10, just for Windows 8.1!

Most of complains abouth this josytick are relelated with the keymaper software.

I wonder why people dont try other keymapper, Xpadder, Joy2key do most of the sim needs,

they are "bullet proof (I never see then crash or cause game/Windows crash) use low system resources, can be started after the game, reconfigured "on the fly"...

Not that they are "better solution", but at least are a less problematic one.

I just did not think about xpadder. I purchased it for a while back, but for a simple joypad, but never think about using it for my Hotas.

Do this work well with Saitek x-55 Rhino also, the mapping thing, and also the mode switch? For a some how I did not think of this xpadder, so thanks for the tips Sokol1_br. I could use the game to map, but then the switch mode does not work, that also give you so many buttons extra that it's almost an infinity option on how to program your joystick Hotas.

Edited by PowerShot-x

PowerShot-x

Saitek replied to my ticket, and with no surprise we'll have to wait for the W10 driver and software ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I dont have josytick with mode switch for test (my 1/2 dozen of sticks are all "Frankenstick" - old models "USB'erized), dont know how this mode button work, if are 3 buttons for Windows or are Saitek soft dependent...

But Xpadder allow use 8 "layers" (or profile/mode?), that I use for control COMMS in Mig-21 with one HAT - certain button press change the "layer":

http://s21.postimg.org/dpx1jq95j/Mig_21_COMM.gif

Joy2Key allow 16 "layers" (or profile), using then I can rotate the Mig-21 weapon selector (11 keys or buttons) with 2 joystick button:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=145398

This keymappers - intended for gamepad - dont have advanced function for axis, like divide in bands.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Try this:

no you don't. Just clear the loaded profile from HUD (right click icon in taskbar and hit 'clear') then the game can see the rotary knob (treats it as 3 buttons) and you can click the "add modifier" button in the bottom-left of the controls binding page. I've done it this way since the first day i got my x55, and it is so much better than trying to fool around with the Saitek programming software.

Now you only need Saitek's program for configuring the mouse nipple as slew (and bands for rotaries if you want em).

• 2 weeks later...
It clearly late drivers for Windows 10. Heard it will be finished in September 2015. I think it's a late development.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/933/160/890/

Ah support action for drivers yes!

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Information only: The rotary switch are actually recognised by DCS World, only in the axis control menu in setup. So what this means is that the developer need to put more commands in the axis control for those who are rotary switches otherwise you will need to use the profiler software.

I managed to get the black shark working now I have to work on not blowing up my engines.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

"We apologize for driver and software issues you are experiencing on the new version of Windows. The software team are currently focused on resolving all reported issues and getting new versions out to you in early September"

MadCatz KB

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Last update:

"Thank you for contacting Mad Catz Europe Technical Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the device. Please be advised that our development team is working around the clock on the drivers and software for the newly released Windows 10 and they have advised us that the release will be around the second week of September."

• Like 1

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

HUD software programming throttle - not working

Hi, i'm having some serious difficulty trying to program the throttle in the hud software. I can program the joystick fine, but the throttle "profile" and "test profile" buttons are grayed out, so my mappings do not work at all. It's almost as if the program does not detect the joystick.

The throttle does work fine under the settings menu, I can adjust the axis sensitivity, the LED brightness, etc, but the profiles are not functioning.

Can anyone help? I have attached a picture that shows the problem.

Thank you.

hud.jpg.5ea36a5d975893b7cf2fba8ec49c5139.jpg

Hi, i'm having some serious difficulty trying to program the throttle in the hud software. I can program the joystick fine, but the throttle "profile" and "test profile" buttons are grayed out, so my mappings do not work at all. It's almost as if the program does not detect the joystick.

The throttle does work fine under the settings menu, I can adjust the axis sensitivity, the LED brightness, etc, but the profiles are not functioning.

Thank you.

Try unplugging the one you're not trying to program. I had this issue, but decided to program the curves in DCS rather than the madcatz junk software. I remember unplugging one or the other giving me a little bit of success.

Thank you.

You don't tell us about which OS you use? If you are on Windows 10, there is no Windows 10 driver or software, it's not released before late September.

If you don't have Windows 10, try reinstall the driver an software. There are also reported that x-55 maybe function better connected to a powered usb hub.

PowerShot-x

I havent had any issue with programming the X-55 Rhino, except when disconnecting them, from the usb hub. I have found that if you have Windows 10, then reinstalling the driver helps sometimes. And I agree with PowerShot-X, use a powered USB hub otherwise it wont work properly.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

Salve , mi chiamo Carmelo, io ho acquistato un x-55 Pro , ho un pc , I7 3.7 gh ,con 16 gb di ram , Ssd da 500 gb.scheda madre Asus Xtreme 3 , praticamente ho problemi con il Trhottle , non riesco ad accellerare con la manetta ,ma è conficurato x la rotellina , qualcuno mi può aiutare, o ha una conficurazione giusta ? Grazie

You don't tell us about which OS you use? If you are on Windows 10, there is no Windows 10 driver or software, it's not released before late September.

If you don't have Windows 10, try reinstall the driver an software. There are also reported that x-55 maybe function better connected to a powered USB hub.

Hi, I am using Windows 7. I currently have both the throttle and stick plugged into their own USB 3.0 ports on the tower. It needs more power than the regular USB ports can provide?

\o/

About time ^^

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Thanks for the update! :thumbup:

X-55 drivers+software downloaded and installed. No more gigazillion keypresses in the test window.

Ayyy boys Windows 10 "beta" drivers released teseting now !

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/0/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

follow the instructions !

Fingers crossed

Thanks for the update :thumbup:

I'm waiting for my new powered 7 port usb 3 hub that will be in my mail in some days.

Someone that would update us how the driver works and software works, it's still in beta?

PowerShot-x