Helicopters Tournament - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #61
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCH View Post
First thanks Alpenwolf for creating the event and Maverick and the 104th for hosting it.

It was awesome and lot's of fun. Count me in in the next one!
Also... I think I will need someone to provide political asylum for going against my buddies.

Some Ideas

- Limit the amount of mistral helicopters.
- Limit the amount of Missiles available (Mistrales)
- Weather, wind, storm.
- Make the 2 ground forces fight each other.
- Make multiple missions in one scenario, Search and destroy mission, against convoys. One can protect while the other team needs to kill the convoy. Attack arty position that is pounding friendly area.

QQ: where is the stream ?? can't find the recording.
Next mission will be in winter time. Rain or snow. The rain might make it too hard to spot anything though, so I'm not sure yet.
Limiting weapons is an option.
Limiting Gazelles -> 4 instead of 6.

Multiple objectives such as; strafing artillery/infantries (maybe less APC's), sling loading, troops insertion, SAR will surely be considered.
Ground units fighting each other? Absolutely.

I'm waiting for the stream myself. Hope Maverick will post that soon.
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #62
Quadg

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298958718
is the link I used to watch it on twitch today.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #63
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadg View Post
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298958718
is the link I used to watch it on twitch today.
Thanks!
First 12 minutes no audio, but it's ok.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #64
Kaliman

Smile Many Thanks! Muchas Gracias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaCH View Post
First thanks Alpenwolf for creating the event and Maverick and the 104th for hosting it.

It was awesome and lot's of fun. Count me in in the next one!
Also... I think I will need someone to provide political asylum for going against my buddies.

Some Ideas

- Limit the amount of mistral helicopters.
- Limit the amount of Missiles available (Mistrales)
- Weather, wind, storm.
- Make the 2 ground forces fight each other.
- Make multiple missions in one scenario, Search and destroy mission, against convoys. One can protect while the other team needs to kill the convoy. Attack arty position that is pounding friendly area.

Agree with the ideas!

I really Enjoy it!! Unfortunately I had problems with my joy, but the time I was flying it was great. By the way, I´m looking for the Ka-50 who kill me, I was in hover almost ready to kill a BTR when that Shark appear and kill me in seconds! I wasn´t angry, I enjoy it when the shark passed me... And I said, Ohh what a beautiful helicopter... then I realized that I was dead!
Kaliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #65
docWilly

Would not call the gazelle bugged concerning "counted loss". If you get hit by AA you burst into thousand pieces...done. With the Vikhr it´s a different situation...if you get smashed into your face (pilot dead) you are done as well and it counts but if the Gazelle only gets partially destroyed you are often able to crash-land without a "at-first-total loss"...you are counted as "landed on...".

I was hit three times with a Vikhr...one right into the white of my eye...lost, 2 times on the airframe and I was able to crash land without pilot dying = no loss counted.

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50 DCS 1.5/2.5
docWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #66
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by docWilly View Post
Would not call the gazelle bugged concerning "counted loss". If you get hit by AA you burst into thousand pieces...done. With the Vikhr it´s a different situation...if you get smashed into your face (pilot dead) you are done as well and it counts but if the Gazelle only gets partially destroyed you are often able to crash-land without a "at-first-total loss"...you are counted as "landed on...".

I was hit three times with a Vikhr...one right into the white of my eye...lost, 2 times on the airframe and I was able to crash land without pilot dying = no loss counted.
Then the damage module shall be fixed? I mean, a hit by a Vikhr should actually blast the hell out of a helicopter, especially a fragile one like the Gazelle or the Huey. If the missile is able to annihilate a tank like the Leopard or the Abrams (also the case in reality), then that must apply for all types of aerial or ground and some naval vehicles. I get your point though, no worries.