DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

The Yak isn't on my list of modules to purchase right away, but this is what the Standard DirectX profile was meant for. You can go to the "Standard DirectX" module on the Values page and set it up for the Yak, then set up your own diff.lua referencing Appendix A in the Advanced Configuration Guide (HTML).

thanks i’ll have a look at it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Morning, still making good use of this program and apart from occasional lag and crashing of the target software it brilliant.

Just wondering about a little something regarding the sensor select hat on the av8, the when i press up it seems to cycle between sensor select up and left, am I missing a simething here as it make selecting IMAV mode a little unpredictable.

tea cypher,

There is nothing special you need to know. The only "gotcha" is that the SSw push is S3+Left/Right, but Up and Left shouldn't do anything beyond their basic functions. I will try to duplicate the issue you are having; the only thing that I can think of that is anything close is that sometimes using TDC Push with the TPOD kicks to the DMT page, but this is a known module issue, not one with the profile.

Version 2.23 is released.

Change log:

• F/A-18C: Added UFC Comm presets to LMFD GAIN and SYM
  • Updated button assignments for people with 3 or more MFDs.
  • AJS37: Added Throttle Stop macro to Warthog throttle
  • AV-8B: Added discrete STO Stop (position and LED) options for Warthog Throttle
  • Cougar TQS: Swapped AV-8B and F/A-18C T4/T5 Comm mappings to be consistent with UFC

Also updated the custom controller mappings for the AV-8B and AJS-37 to conform to the new mappings in DCS 2.5.2.20601.

Hello!

I used your profiler for long and absolutely loved it.

I have Warthog Throttle + Joystick, 2xMDF, Pro flight rudder pedals and finally got Oculus Rift CV1.

Now I noticed my zoom dial from Throttle doesnt work.

What exactly I need to setup in profiler to get best out for VR and zoom dial work? For now I have to use keyboard button for VR zoom but that dial is more convenient.

And is there possibility to change F18 radar distance (M2000 has that option from throttle)"5,10,20,40..." from joystick or throttle? Otherwise I always need to change it from RMFD but with RIGT on its hard to look for it.

Thanks ;)

Hi Ivnova,

Congrats on the Rift. I don't use VR, but the profile is compatible. You're right that you no longer have use of the zoom dial. There are VR functions built into the script; you just need to set how you want your Hat1 mapped, set it in CTS, load the appropriate diff.lua for VR, and remove some of the Hat1 mappings used for non-VR use.

See Appendix D in the Startup Guide (the PDF) for details.

For the radar range, what you describe must be done using the MFD or the TDC cursor. It is what it is...

hi Home fries

I have installed CTS for 2.5 but when I try to run the tmc profile for Hornet keep on getting this message , am not to savvy when it comes to script and was wondering if you have any ideas

You can't just run the DCS_FA18C.tmc file. That's just one of many components in the profile. You need to run DCS_World.tmc, but that won't exist until you build it using the CTS software because you have to set it up for your own configuration.

Run CTS and be sure you go through the Setup Guide PDF step by step.

Ha home fries, just a though for your next update, it would be great if we could set voice channel for srs using the thumb hat of the throttle in a harrier, i believe irl that can select even channel 1 or 2

You should already have that in the Harrier. Make sure you enable SRS either in CTS or by using the RMFD when selecting a profile. This way, the button will be held instead of pulsed for using the F-key menu.

See the Setup Guide PDF for details on setting up SRS within CTS and making the proper SRS settings to match the profile, and the setion "Selecting Profiles on the Fly" for details on using the RMFD to set your communication profile on the fly if necessary.

EDIT: to get to the database entries, go to the Communications category on the CTS values page and set SRS to 1. SRS PTT Common is up to you, but I recommend leaving it at 0. I am modifying the Setup Guide to better explain this.

Edited by Home Fries

Hi Home Fries

Firstly, I love your script - it is one of the best and most well thought through tools I have experienced for DCS. I can't imagine not using it if you have a Warthog or Cougar... great work, man!!! The support and documentation and all the effort you put in are just epic!!!

I use VAICOM Pro with Easy Comms off for the A-10C and have set up 'Force Comm State On' for VAICOM Pro in CTS to keep as a backup in case i quickly need to select something in a comms menu via F keys. It seems to me that the 'forced on' comm state with hats working as F keys works for a while, but at some stage is deactivated in the script during a mission... The radio PTT buttons still work properly in VAICOM, but the hats no longer work as F-Keys while the radio button is held. Have you observed this behaviour or can you think of a reason why it might be developing over time during use in a mission?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have 'SRS' activated in the script options as well and use SRS in combo with VAICOM in MP..... could it be that this is a setting which causes inherent conflicts regarding the Radio Button functionality with Comm State?

Edited by overalien

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Hi Home Fries

Firstly, I love your script - it is one of the best and most well thought through tools I have experienced for DCS. I can't imagine not using it if you have a Warthog or Cougar... great work, man!!! The support and documentation and all the effort you put in are just epic!!!

I use VAICOM Pro with Easy Comms off for the A-10C and have set up 'Force Comm State On' for VAICOM Pro in CTS to keep as a backup in case i quickly need to select something in a comms menu via F keys. It seems to me that the 'forced on' comm state with hats working as F keys works for a while, but at some stage is deactivated in the script during a mission... The radio PTT buttons still work properly in VAICOM, but the hats no longer work as F-Keys while the radio button is held. Have you observed this behaviour or can you think of a reason why it might be developing over time during use in a mission?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have 'SRS' activated in the script options as well and use SRS in combo with VAICOM in MP..... could it be that this is a setting which causes inherent conflicts regarding the Radio Button functionality with Comm State?

Thanks for the compliments!

There should be no issues with VAICOM and SRS enabled simultaneously (I figure people who use VAICOM also use SRS, so I put a lot of attention into that configuration). The problem you describe sometimes happens with TARGET if the middleware gets overwhelmed and doesn't detect when you actually leave CommState (i.e. when you release the mic switch). You should be able to tell at a glance if you're in CommState because LED2 on your RMFD should be lit. I have always cleared this state by quickly cycling the mic switch, which normally releases CommState the second time around. However, this seems not to be working for you. In this case, I would say put yourself in autopilot and then reload the profile using S3+LOSB1 Long. Resetting the profile will force you out of CommState, though you may also need to do things to match your landing gear state and your switch states after the reset.

However, I don't think that you really need to force CommState. The option is there for people who really want it, but if you press the mic switch while holding S3, you will enter CommState as long as it is enabled (not necessarily forced). This might be the solution to your F10 menu issues while keeping your default HOTAS functionality while you use the Mic switch to talk. BTW, you don't even need to continually hold S3 (in fact you shouldn't); instead, hold S3 while you press the mic switch (which will do the radio keystroke and enter CommState), then immediately release S3 and you will still be able to navigate the F menus for as long as you hold the mic switch.

That said, in testing your issue I just discovered a bug with the routine in the A-10C. S3+MSR will not enter CommState (it will only key the mic), so in the meantime you will want to use the F10 menu with MSD or MSL. If you need MSR F menu functionality, do S3+MSR, then do S3+MSU to enable CommState. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed before the next release.

EDIT: The above issue has been fixed and is now in internal testing.

Best,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

Hello again Homefries, sorry I keep bothering you, take it as a complement on how much I like and use your software.

Just updated to the latest target software version and I am having an issue in my TPM pedals now getting wrapped into your script, which is a bit of a problem as it means I can not use them after I initialise the script.

I have the line referring to pedals in your scrips set to 0.

As I work around I have found if I unplug them prier to initialising your script then plug them back in it remains stand alone.

Thanks again on you work on this script, I and I am sure many others, really on it.

Hello again Homefries, sorry I keep bothering you, take it as a complement on how much I like and use your software.

Just updated to the latest target software version and I am having an issue in my TPM pedals now getting wrapped into your script, which is a bit of a problem as it means I can not use them after I initialise the script.

I have the line referring to pedals in your scrips set to 0.

As I work around I have found if I unplug them prier to initialising your script then plug them back in it remains stand alone.

Thanks again on you work on this script, I and I am sure many others, really on it.

I just made the script compatible with the latest version of TARGET (and the TPM pedals), and this will be in the next release once 2.5.3 makes it to the stable version.

In the meantime, go into your dcs_world.tmc file (open it in the Thrustmaster Script Editor) and add the following line in the main() routine near the bottom of the file:

Configure(&TFRPHARudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

You should see a number of MODE_EXCLUDED lines; just put it anywhere in that first group (i.e. not in the MFD group).

Please let me know if this works; as I don't have the TPMs, your feedback is the only way to know for sure if this is the right solution (it should be, but I just want to be sure).

Edited by Home Fries

Ok added to script, rebuilt script in your program didn't work.

Added to script again and did not rebuild script and it worked. :)

Looks like that is a working solution, thanks.

Glad to hear it!

Just so you know, adding the line directly to DCS_World.tmc only works until you rebuild the script. If you want to make the change persistent, you need to go to the CTS\DB folder and add the line to DCS_World_Template.tmc. I wanted for you to try the change in DCS_World.tmc first, so if there were any issues you could just rebuild the script.

Best,

HF

Hello, I'm using CTS last update and the Warthog

I'm trying to configure the left throttle axis but I can configure it in DCS and the Target analyzer give me the same behavior.

is there a parameter to configure in order to have left Throttle working?

If I switch in A10 for example, the left trhrottle is working

Hello, I'm using CTS last update and the Warthog

I'm trying to configure the left throttle axis but I can configure it in DCS and the Target analyzer give me the same behavior.

is there a parameter to configure in order to have left Throttle working?

If I switch in A10 for example, the left trhrottle is working

It depends on the profile you have selected. For aircraft with one throttle axis (like the M-2000 or Viggen), I disable the left throttle axis. Like you said, if you choose a 2 engine profile like the A-10, you get both throttle axes (same with single engine aircraft with specialized axes like the Harrier or P-51).

It depends on the profile you have selected. For aircraft with one throttle axis (like the M-2000 or Viggen), I disable the left throttle axis. Like you said, if you choose a 2 engine profile like the A-10, you get both throttle axes (same with single engine aircraft with specialized axes like the Harrier or P-51).

This is what I was thinking about.

do you know how to activate the left throttle axis if I will use it for any reason ?

This is what I was thinking about.

do you know how to activate the left throttle axis if I will use it for any reason ?

You really don't want to go there. I call throttle parameters in a separate subroutine based on arguments and the profile ID.

If you have a suggestion for using the left throttle for something else, please let me know.

Version 2.24 is uploaded. Note that this version requires TARGET v3.0.18.328 (the latest version). The Legacy 1.5 compatible version was also updated to 2.14 to incorporate many of these changes (also requires the latest TARGET version).

Change Log

• Excluded TPR Pedals to allow use as a separate controller (requires TARGET v3.0.18.328 or later)
  • Fixed VAICOM/Warthog issue with S3+MSR not enabling CommState
  • FC3: Added Stick Limiter Override to MiG-29
  • Added S4 as Stick Limiter Override to all Ru Fighters
  • F/A-18C: Enabled adjustable background lighting based on DDI switch position.
  • M-2000C: Changed Battery On command to deconflict with TACView bookmark command.
  • F-5E: Updated trim commands to match 2.5.3 LUA file
  • AJS37: Switched Countermeasure Int and Kont on H4 to be more consistent with actual aircraft

You really don't want to go there. I call throttle parameters in a separate subroutine based on arguments and the profile ID.

If you have a suggestion for using the left throttle for something else, please let me know.

It can be usefull for axis as radiator or anything (I didn"t have specific in mind). I was just thinking it a lose to not have it

Version 2.24 is uploaded. Note that this version requires TARGET v3.0.18.328 (the latest version). The Legacy 1.5 compatible version was also updated to 2.14 to incorporate many of these changes (also requires the latest TARGET version).

Change Log

• Excluded TPR Pedals to allow use as a separate controller (requires TARGET v3.0.18.328 or later)
  • Fixed VAICOM/Warthog issue with S3+MSR not enabling CommState
  • FC3: Added Stick Limiter Override to MiG-29
  • Added S4 as Stick Limiter Override to all Ru Fighters
  • F/A-18C: Enabled adjustable background lighting based on DDI switch position.
  • M-2000C: Changed Battery On command to deconflict with TACView bookmark command.
  • F-5E: Updated trim commands to match 2.5.3 LUA file
  • AJS37: Switched Countermeasure Int and Kont on H4 to be more consistent with actual aircraft

Hello,

after this update I've got an error message calling the line 551 in TMC file.

so I went on it and comment all hardware I don"t have (I have the warthog).

These is my lines working:

//Configure(&JoystickF18,MODE_EXCLUDED); //temporary

//Configure(&T16000,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&T16000L,MODE_EXCLUDED);

Configure(&TWCSThrottle,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&TFRPRudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);

//Configure(&TFRPHARudder,MODE_EXCLUDED);