VNAO VR Ready Room Mod

Announcing the first release of the VNAO Ready Room mod. We have chosen to release this simple menu screen mod for VR that showcases the ready room in the opening menu of DCS. Follow the instructions included in the mod and you will find yourself immersed in the ready room for VFA-103.

You can skin this mod for your group or whatever interests you.

This version is our gift to the community and shows the possibilities of immersion in VR and DCS. Comments are welcome.

Enjoy!

Download here:

http://bit.ly/VNAO_VR_m_RR_v110

RR_Marketing_FB_Screen_01a.png?dl=1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Menu located at front of room.

So the reason we decided to put the menu to the right is so you can enjoy the environment more but still interact with the menu when needed. Originally we planned on mapping the menu up where the projection screen is at the front of the room but getting the tracking to match up was more difficult then necessary.

The full realization of this room is to have it as a place able structure in the mission editor, which we are testing internally, so the squad can assemble in the room, brief the mission and just jump into the jets without having to load to another mission. The added benefit here is that our 103 Plat Mod uses the Hornet manual so each pilot can use that as a briefing guide so they can follow along with the commander for mission call outs and notams.

So in summary the reason it is there is purely aesthetic. If you really want to have it spawn at the front of the room just modify the rotation and position in the SceneVR.lua in the Scripts>DemoScenes folder. In addition for anyone who wants to dress up the room with additional models or deco you can add them in this lua and they should show up in your room. It will take a bit to tune the positions but it's possible.

Cheers and hope this info helps clear up our reasoning for the choices made.

-Particleman VFA-103 OPS

awesome, thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The potential here is incredible. You guys are the tip of the iceberg for MP planning and immersion. This is just awesome. Many thanks Max for posting and sharing.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 4 months later...

Thank you for this AWESOME mod!!

When I start, I am sitting one seat away from the wall, and facing the wall. I read in your ReadMe 'Pro Tip' that this is by design. But sitting in my game chair it is hard to look around.

Is there some way that I can customize this angle?

Thanks,

Snacko

EDIT:

Never mind.. I figured it out. ;-)

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 months later...

I have found this mod is breaking the textures on the AGM-65's for me.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• 3 weeks later...

^^ as above. The screenshots seems to show a bright room, mine is also rather dark.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dark room

I just posted this in the mod download comments but will repost here. I've been told the ED shaders have gotten darker and is a mistake. It happened after the original images of the room were taken and should be fixed on the ED side soon. I don't want to update the room textures now due to the fact that when the shader fix is in they will then be too bright. I'll keep an eye out for the update and post again when things are looking brighter.

• 1 month later...

What parameter needs to be changed in sceneVR.lua so that it is 90 ° left by default?

And how shift to left in center room?

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING X 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

• 7 months later...
I just posted this in the mod download comments but will repost here. I've been told the ED shaders have gotten darker and is a mistake. It happened after the original images of the room were taken and should be fixed on the ED side soon. I don't want to update the room textures now due to the fact that when the shader fix is in they will then be too bright. I'll keep an eye out for the update and post again when things are looking brighter.

Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 10 months later...

Any news?

thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

41 minutes ago, fagulha said:

Any news?

thank you.

It is still working as intended. We use it all the time. Reskinnable and surviving many patches. So far so good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

13 hours ago, MadMaxter said:

It is still working as intended. We use it all the time. Reskinnable and surviving many patches. So far so good.

Thank you for your quick reply!

best regards,

F.