DCS and Pimax

Wags

21 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

It just seems that the pimax is a bit more complex setting up, but I hope that the additional field of view is worth it. I got a decent priced 8K plus the other day, coming in at around €620 including one controller. I just bought one base station for €80, as I definitely need the full six planes of motion. 

Prepare yourself for an amazing experience.  I got the Pimax 8KX a couple of months ago.  Coming from an Oculus Rift-S.  

I can attest that the FOV is worth it.  At least in my opinion it is.  I only have the Oculus to compare it against.  However, my peripheral vision on the Pimax headset feels "right" to me.  I wear glasses and the screens far exceed where my lenses stop - which is precisely my RL experience too.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase.  That video above will save you hours of frustration in setup and tinkering with DCS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

3 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I got a decent priced 8K plus

I have also an 8k+ and absolutely love it.  I upgraded from a 5k Super and it was a big improvement.  What I like about the 8k+ is the refresh rate of 72hz which is much more easier to achieve FPS above it than 90hz.  I do not need to use re-projection (pimax compulsive smooth) and get butter smooth experience.  The other great feature is the upscaling which takes much less GPU and CPU power to get the images as the HMD uses a 2.5k signal and bring it to 4k.  You will not get as much as clarity as with the reverb G2 but the wide field of view makes a big difference, I would never go back to tunnel vision.  

• Like 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I am building my Simpit and how it is configured is facing the wall.  Question is has anyone mounted two base stations in front of the headset/seat?  Like I previously responded above I have only needed one above my desk set up but now with the wall space I was wondering about two; one on each "corner" above and forward of the cockpit.  I don't think I can mount one behind me giving the Sim seat and the room configuration? 

Thanks

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

Rodeo it will work as you described, just that is not optimal solution. Just take care not to have shiny surfaces, and do pimax dance while locking (hold hmd in hand visible to booth stations, and turn it left right left right until lock).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

do pimax dance while locking

..or simply hide the HMD from the lighthouse for 1 second.

BTW, one lighthouse is fine if you only do DCS or any VR in sitting position.

• Like 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

Thanks Gents.. yeah one has been working as well as it can from my old desk setup but just was curious if two is better than one 😏.. looking forward to getting this simpit up and running but I'm taking my time modifying and customizing (and waiting on my brother in law the master machinist to finish my center stick mount 🤣)

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon