MFD Setup...Finally!

I've finally got around to buying my TM MFDs...got them in today and now I'm looking into monitors for them. I've read a lot on the Lilliputs UM-80s (I think that's the number)...and I've seen a very little on Eyoyo 8" HDMI monitors. A few questions I have:

1. When the screen area in the MFD is 108mm x108mm inside, why does one need to go with an 8" display and have "wasted" space outside the MFD area? Wouldn't a 6" or 7" display work better for fit and form factor?

2. I have multiple HDMI outputs on my video card. Should I look for HDMI monitors or USB monitors? I read a couple of posts where there might be a hit to framerate if I use multiple monitors off same video card. Would running it off of USBs off load the video card and be better?

3. I would think 4:3 aspect ration and 800x600 resolution would be good and 1024x768 better...but what's the minimum you'd go with?

TIA.

Unless you have a real cockpit in mind just buy one monitor and put all your mfds on it

EE92DAC1-771D-42B2-B12A-1D22055A5061_zpsr1wqfgbn.jpg

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

One thing though. If you are on win10 make absolutely sure your second monitor has the same refresh rate as the main one used for the sim

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Get HDMI unless you don't use oculus...there is a conflict with driver

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Get HDMI unless you don't use oculus...there is a conflict with driver

Or put less confusingly, if you use Oculus Rift get HDMI. Otherwise USB is fine

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

i have 2xEyoyo 8" but i use VGA and a DP to vga adapter. i used to run them on a second video card but i took a huge frame hit 60 down to 30fps, put them on the same card as the main monitor and frames went back up to 60 (vsync).

if you do get them, avoid frustration and run them at 800x600 as 1024 just makes the mfds of stuff like the a10 just not line up with the TM buttons as well.

i have 2xEyoyo 8" but i use VGA and a DP to vga adapter. i used to run them on a second video card but i took a huge frame hit 60 down to 30fps, put them on the same card as the main monitor and frames went back up to 60 (vsync).

if you do get them, avoid frustration and run them at 800x600 as 1024 just makes the mfds of stuff like the a10 just not line up with the TM buttons as well.

If you don't mind: Which model Eyoyo do you use? I can get the DP to VGA adapters or any kind of adapter fairly easy since we have a great computer/amateur radio supply store in my city.

Or use two of these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F221464798160

I have one of those behind my right MFD, and a kindle fire running spacedesk behind the other. The kindle works surprisingly well with the new version of spacedesk, but it is slated to be replaced when time and funds are available.

Yes, I've seen those as well. I'm considering them too if I could find a US vendor. Every time I've ordered something from China it takes forever to get here (if it gets here at all). But I was curious about those as well. Not to mention possibly doing dual duty for my Raspberry pi experiments (or get a dedicated one for that). Thanks for the info about those.