Unable to get Oculus Rift to change ASW settings...

fitness88

Over the past many DCS versions, I'm unable to get Oculus Rift to change ASW settings either by using the Oculus tool tray or the keyboard shortcuts. In OTT I see the ASW options, I can change the settings but nothing actually changes in-game. This is confirmed by FPS indicator as well as the OTT overlay screen.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224202&stc=1&d=1577904383

I'm locked in at a solid 45fps and all is smooth but would like to know if the ASW options are still available?

Thank you.

Over the past many DCS versions, I'm unable to get Oculus Rift to change ASW settings either by using the Oculus tool tray or the keyboard shortcuts. In OTT I see the ASW options, I can change the settings but nothing actually changes in-game. This is confirmed by FPS indicator as well as the OTT overlay screen.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=224202&stc=1&d=1577904383

I'm locked in at a solid 45fps and all is smooth but would like to know if the ASW options are still available?

Thank you.

Working fine on my end, both with OTT and with the keyboard shortcuts.

Not sure why it would not be for you.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Working fine on my end, both with OTT and with the keyboard shortcuts.

Not sure why it would not be for you.

I remember a few versions ago you said the same thing, I thought maybe it's a version issue at my end that would get resolved but never did.

BTW how are you confirming all 4 ASW DCS shortcuts or OTT ASW options actually work?

Seeing as OTT and DCS shortcuts both don't respond, I'll contact Oculus tech and see what they say, thanks for your feedback.

Well I only concern myself with it being either on or off.

Now I always fly with it on as I like the result better.

Just buzzed around Dubai down low with the Hornet - about 150 ft. While ASW kicked in - as my Rift S dropped from 80 to 40 fps whilst doing this, it was still smooth as silk with no stutter.

If I disable ASW my fps can be between 40 and 80 and I can observe some micro stuttering when down low.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

press the numlock key.

whenever rcrtl and num 1 does not work. i press numlock and the rctrl num 1 and it works.

ignore the numlock light..

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Tried it but no joy.

On a positive note, I'm solid 45fps never a stutter...but I'm still curious what's going on.

Be sure you are using CTRL and the number keypad over on the right side of the keyboard.

I just tested it, using left CTRL and that keypad and it turns ASW off and on no problem. The number keys across top of keyboard would not work for me for doing this.

I tested it flying in the Gulf with my Hornet, I would pause the game and disable ASW and then my fps did fluctuate all between 40-80 fps, but get some stuttering down low. Paused and re-enabled, and ASW was working just fine again with fps only either 40 or 80, and very smooth with either.

Don B

Be sure you are using CTRL and the number keypad over on the right side of the keyboard.

I just tested it, using left CTRL and that keypad and it turns ASW off and on no problem. The number keys across top of keyboard would not work for me for doing this.

I tested it flying in the Gulf with my Hornet, I would pause the game and disable ASW and then my fps did fluctuate all between 40-80 fps, but get some stuttering down low. Paused and re-enabled, and ASW was working just fine again with fps only either 40 or 80, and very smooth with either.

Without having OTT, Right CTRL plus 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 were the 4 ASW commands that always worked for me when it worked and I was able to change on the fly without having to pause the game.

As you suggested Left CTRL and the numpad keys are mapped to the actual UFC key pad so all I see are numbers being input into the UFC scratchpad so that didn't work.

In your OTT do you have shortcut keys enabled by chance?

Edit: I cleared the L-CTRL numpad keys so nothing is now mapped but no joy.

Edited by fitness88

Without having OTT, Right CTRL plus 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 were the 4 ASW commands that always worked for me when it worked and I was able to change on the fly without having to pause the game.

As you suggested Left CTRL and the numpad keys are mapped to the actual UFC key pad so all I see are numbers being input into the UFC scratchpad so that didn't work.

In your OTT do you have shortcut keys enabled by chance?

Edit: I cleared the L-CTRL numpad keys so nothing is now mapped but no joy.

I do not understand why it would not be working for you.

No, I do not have shortcut keys enabled in OTT.

I have not been using OTT of late at least with DCS since I am flying with the default of ASW on and I can set PD in the game.

I use OTT with another sim and it works fine for me also.

Don B

I do not understand why it would not be working for you.

No, I do not have shortcut keys enabled in OTT.

I have not been using OTT of late at least with DCS since I am flying with the default of ASW on and I can set PD in the game.

I use OTT with another sim and it works fine for me also.

Auto ASW is doable now only through OTT but in the mean time, solid 45fps is working fine for me without using OTT.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll figure it out one of these days:thumbup:

Auto ASW is doable now only through OTT but in the mean time, solid 45fps is working fine for me without using OTT.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll figure it out one of these days:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Good luck!

Don B