Steam Users

Wrightie

I didn't see that on Steam. But I'm still trying to decide between the F-18 and the F-14. No freaking way I'm buying both, not at $100 a pop. The F-18 has all that great ground pounding ability but the F-14 is just nuts with the eye candy.

hmmm...I thought I saw it on steam, but can't now. Maybe it was just from the ED store.

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

Get the F/A-18 if you plan on enjoying the most DCS has to offer. F-14 if you are fan of iconic jet which is way outdated now but has superb simulation and feel in comparison. One is a jack of all trades, master of none while other is dedicated fighter designed for only one purpose.

That was true originally though we already have the Bombcat with essentially the same dumb bomb ordinance (mk 82, 83, 84) with laser guided weapons GBU-10, 12, 16, 24, etc with LANTIRN while the Hornet excels with more advanced weaponry (JDAM and JSOW especially) and general technology.

Additionally you will be more engaged with the systems in the hornet while in tomcat a baby can fly since the jester AI does all the system management for you.

Jester certainly helps with target detection and identification more than anything though since selecting through the radial menu vs the MFD, etc I'd call a wash. Jester definitely don't help actually fly the plane the FBW is much more forgiving in the Bug vs the older tech of the Cat.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2