Carrier Elevators?

BonerCat

7 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

i use 53 in the hornet, what do you and others here use?

I use 55.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Folks appreciate it seems like a long project development, but the team is bringing features to DCS that have never been seen before and it will take time. 
We are currently testing directors on the deck and we will share more news when ready. 
thank you for your patience. 
I understand that the work of the development team is onerous, a difficult and full path and with unexpected events. However, the Carrier was released quite some time ago, advertised with all good intentions. Since then, other than the staff on deck, no major updates have been released such as elevators, briefing room etc...I believe the team cannot work on all modules at the same time, get their hands on multiple modules not simple. Take this not as a criticism but as an advice, because waiting to see a completed form all this time is really frustrating.

Inviato dal mio SM-G998B utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

I understand that the work of the development team is onerous, a difficult and full path and with unexpected events. However, the Carrier was released quite some time ago, advertised with all good intentions. Since then, other than the staff on deck, no major updates have been released such as elevators, briefing room etc...I believe the team cannot work on all modules at the same time, get their hands on multiple modules not simple. Take this not as a criticism but as an advice, because waiting to see a completed form all this time is really frustrating.

I can only repeat what I have posted above, you will need to be patient, we will share more news when we are ready. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can only repeat what I have posted above, you will need to be patient, we will share more news when we are ready. 
thanks
We've read this answer before, it's not polemic. You will communicate when you are ready...yes, but when? The form has been out for a long time now and the situation hasn't changed. It is not a reproach, but a fact and writing that we will be notified does not change the situation. Too many modules to handle = more time to finish them.

• Like 6

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 12:52 AM, Predator-78 said:

We've read this answer before, it's not polemic. You will communicate when you are ready...yes, but when? The form has been out for a long time now and the situation hasn't changed. It is not a reproach, but a fact and writing that we will be notified does not change the situation. Too many modules to handle = more time to finish them.

There was another post on the Super Carrier forum about the ready room and Air Boss Deck waiting on Vulkan AI.  It specifically stated what BIGNEWY stated, and that is they are bringing functionality to DCS we have NEVER seen before in the sim.  I would go as far to say as walking around in first person because if you check the controls menu, they have already implemented a section for this. 

They have also talked about walking from the ready room to the flight deck and your aircraft.  Walking around the Air Boss Deck.  All of this has been discussed through many threads on this forum.  Just like aircraft modules, this takes a lot of time to complete and to do it right where they receive a positive reaction and push out a solid realistic product which we all expect.  Implementing first person into DCS I would assume will be a foundational thing for future content which means they need to get it right from the start. 

Patience is a virtue, and we already have a ton of amazing content in game to enjoy and master.  I want the carrier update as bad as anyone else, but to say the situation has not changed and to assume you know they do not have the resources to work multiple modules is an unfair statement when it is just your opinion backed up with no solid facts.  Enjoy what you have, and take pleasure in knowing when they do release this, it will exceed all expectations because this level ED has always held themselves to.  No need to throw fists because we are impatient. 

• Like 4

There was another post on the Super Carrier forum about the ready room and Air Boss Deck waiting on Vulkan AI.  It specifically stated what BIGNEWY stated, and that is they are bringing functionality to DCS we have NEVER seen before in the sim.  I would go as far to say as walking around in first person because if you check the controls menu, they have already implemented a section for this. 
They have also talked about walking from the ready room to the flight deck and your aircraft.  Walking around the Air Boss Deck.  All of this has been discussed through many threads on this forum.  Just like aircraft modules, this takes a lot of time to complete and to do it right where they receive a positive reaction and push out a solid realistic product which we all expect.  Implementing first person into DCS I would assume will be a foundational thing for future content which means they need to get it right from the start. 
Patience is a virtue, and we already have a ton of amazing content in game to enjoy and master.  I want the carrier update as bad as anyone else, but to say the situation has not changed and to assume you know they do not have the resources to work multiple modules is an unfair statement when it is just your opinion backed up with no solid facts.  Enjoy what you have, and take pleasure in knowing when they do release this, it will exceed all expectations because this level ED has always held themselves to.  No need to throw fists because we are impatient. 
I'm not impatient and I don't need to punch, these are your considerations. I'm not complaining about what we've received so far but what they should have added and planned a long time ago. I can't assume they have difficulty working across multiple forms, but neither can you by stating otherwise. So your opinion is also not based on hard facts, as the module has been standing still for a long time.

• Like 2

Firma DCS.png

8 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

I'm not complaining about what we've received so far but what they should have added and planned a long time ago.

If you presume to tell ED and the community what they should have added a long time ago, you should probably go to work with ED and try running the show then so everything is on your schedule. 

I can't assume they have difficulty working across multiple forms, but neither can you by stating otherwise.

I can absolutely prove they do not have problems working across multiple platforms.  Look at what has been released since the Super Carrier to include aircraft modules, the weather system update, multi-threading and a ton of bug squashing to name a few.  It has been stated time and time again they are working on an entirely new system for the ground crew, first person view, deck crew hand offs for the aircraft, air boss station ect.... There is a reason this is all being released in a bigger update, it requires newer tech they are developing,

So your opinion is also not based on hard facts, as the module has been standing still for a long time.

My opinion is based on facts, you have bought them all since the Super Carrier has been released. This comes down to the simple fact of impatience followed by a sour attitude for getting called about it instead.

• Like 2

My opinion is based on facts, you have bought them all since the Super Carrier has been released. This comes down to the simple fact of impatience followed by a sour attitude for getting called about it instead.
I'm wondering if you're serious or not? In your opinion just for asking how much longer it takes to release other updates, should I go to work with the ED? I don't understand why you're playing a lost cause lawyer....
Reading what you write it would seem that you are working for the ED and that you know the absolute truth, when instead the developers and administrators to every question that is asked on this forum, which is made on the answer "we are working, we will let you know more news when it will be time".
By this I don't mean that the ED is sitting with its arms crossed doing nothing, we agree that other situations have been improved/released, but indeed there are modules that have been released for a long time with projects still in development . I don't think I asked too much to see something finished.
I'm sorry to argue, but yours is a harsh attitude, of someone who wants to open a discussion to argue on the forum. If you're happy that's fine, but you can't force others to have your opinion.

• Like 3

Firma DCS.png

2 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

...when instead the developers and administrators to every question that is asked on this forum, which is made on the answer "we are working, we will let you know more news when it will be time".

You must have some weird filter set on the forum then. What I see in devs answers:

- most of them are not-a-bug - because of user operating errors and lack of knowledge (mostly basic reading skills)

- some are need-a-track - becuase of weird bugs, rare and difficult to reproduce, poorly described

- not implemented / feature for wishlist / planned

- yeah, some WIP

- thx, bug reported

- already fixed in OB

Look, we all want things fixed and done faster and we sometimes express our opinion about it but you're just nagging at this point. You've been answered already by dev team yet still instist on getting answers to your "when?" (they don't give any ETAs), whilst depreciating their work ability and ignoring the work already done - this is attitude issue.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You must have some weird filter set on the forum then. What I see in devs answers:
- most of them are not-a-bug - because of user operating errors and lack of knowledge (mostly basic reading skills)
- some are need-a-track - becuase of weird bugs, rare and difficult to reproduce, poorly described
- not implemented / feature for wishlist / planned
- yeah, some WIP
- thx, bug reported
- already fixed in OB
Look, we all want things fixed and done faster and we sometimes express our opinion about it but you're just nagging at this point. You've been answered already by dev team yet still instist on getting answers to your "when?" (they don't dive any ETAs), whilst depreciating their work ability and ignoring the work already done - this is attitude issue.
I have no active filter you can rest assured. With this post I am unfortunately attracting unusual lawyers of lost causes, when I have already made it clear that I am grateful for the work done by the development team. I would just like more concrete answers from them, I don't think I'm nagging or rude towards them. In your answers, however, we read the clear intention of creating a storm of *** , a sterile controversy, playing the part of the do-gooder who defends the cause. I repeat, perhaps my post can also be provocative, but I simply ask for some more information from insiders.

• Like 3

Firma DCS.png

22 minutes ago, Predator-78 said:

I have no active filter you can rest assured. With this post I am unfortunately attracting unusual lawyers of lost causes, when I have already made it clear that I am grateful for the work done by the development team. I would just like more concrete answers from them, I don't think I'm nagging or rude towards them. In your answers, however, we read the clear intention of creating a storm of *** , a sterile controversy, playing the part of the do-gooder who defends the cause. I repeat, perhaps my post can also be provocative, but I simply ask for some more information from insiders.

You are correct. One can be grateful for a product and also voice concerns (which is what people around here seem to forget). The fact that the carrier can not even turn into the wind without a script at this point is embracing, and I didn't even mention the fact that the ATC doesn't work well at all in MP, and nothing will change that. As a paying costumer, you are allowed to seek answers.

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 3

• ED Team

Hi all, 

appreciate you all want to hear news, we totally understand it is a long time between new features for the Supercarrier, but as mentioned in other posts a lot of what we are doing with the supercarrier is completely new for DCS so it will take time and can not be rushed. We are currently testing deck crew directors who will direct you to launch and to parking. This is very complex as I am sure you can imagine.

Without early access and long development times modules like this would not be possible, so for those of you who do support us during early access we thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You are correct. One can be grateful for a product and also voice concerns (which is what people around here seem to forget). The fact that the carrier can not even turn into the wind without a script at this point is embracing, and I didn't even mention the fact that the ATC doesn't work well at all in MP, and nothing will change that. As a paying costumer, you are allowed to seek answers.
Thank you for giving your opinion on this. I think it is legitimate to ask and try to get concrete answers. Evidently other people like the supercarrier module to see it in this state. It is much easier for these people to accuse others of punching this forum, misrepresenting arguments and calling them impatient.

• Like 1

Firma DCS.png

Hi all, 
appreciate you all want to hear news, we totally understand it is a long time between new features for the Supercarrier, but as mentioned in other posts a lot of what we are doing with the supercarrier is completely new for DCS so it will take time and can not be rushed. We are currently testing deck crew directors who will direct you to launch and to parking. This is very complex as I am sure you can imagine.
Without early access and long development times modules like this would not be possible, so for those of you who do support us during early access we thank you. 

Hi, I'm glad you joined the discussion. As I have already written, I understand the technical difficulties, but not the long times to still have something more concrete. As the friend wrote above, just having a decent ATC and the ability to point Carrier in the right direction would be a big step forward. I hope I have been clear enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Firma DCS.png

3 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

Hi, I'm glad you joined the discussion. As I have already written, I understand the technical difficulties, but not the long times to still have something more concrete. As the friend wrote above, just having a decent ATC and the ability to point Carrier in the right direction would be a big step forward. I hope I have been clear enough.

ATC has no exclusive of Supercarrier, no fact has other plans on the roadmap.

Air Traffic Control (ATC)
2022 has focused on the continued development of the Supercarrier ATC system. Following its completion, the next focus will be to bring those advancements to airfields. This is certainly no simple task and will require three unique ATC systems for: western modern day, eastern modern day, and World War II.

A complete redesign of the modern day, western ATC system is underway. In parallel, modern day western radio communications for Flight, Other Flights, AWACS, and Tanker are also being revised.

16 hours ago, Predator-78 said:

Evidently other people like the supercarrier module to see it in this state. It is much easier for these people to accuse others of punching this forum, misrepresenting arguments and calling them impatient.

It is not that we want the Super Carrier to stagnate or not see improvement, it is voicing those ideas and concerns in a constructive manner and understanding exactly what Silver Dragon and BigNewy have stated above, these are new features that take time and they have been completely transparent on.  So again, you have received answers to your concerns, but you are frustrated with the pace at which they are pushing out updates. 

Looking at your prior history posting on these forums, you tend to focus on the negatives consistently instead of providing any positive feedback.  You have a consistency to complain about everything broken.  You are right about one thing though, I am a lost cause lawyer with you which is why this will be my last reply.  Your track record shows you just like to keep this train going in an inevitable circle of useless debates.  

If we ever cross paths in the virtual skies over a sever, I will be glad to introduce you to a few AMRAMS or maybe just embarrass you and get a gun kill.  If you want, I can take the F-86 and give you a chance. 

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 2

It is not that we want the Super Carrier to stagnate or not see improvement, it is voicing those ideas and concerns in a constructive manner and understanding exactly what Silver Dragon and BigNewy have stated above, these are new features that take time and they have been completely transparent on.  So again, you have received answers to your concerns, but you are frustrated with the pace at which they are pushing out updates. 
Looking at your prior history posting on these forums, you tend to focus on the negatives consistently instead of providing any positive feedback.  You have a consistency to complain about everything broken.  You are right about one thing though, I am a lost cause lawyer with you which is why this will be my last reply.  Your track record shows you just like to keep this train going in an inevitable circle of useless debates.  
If we ever cross paths in the virtual skies over a sever, I will be glad to introduce you to a few AMRAMS or maybe just embarrass you and get a gun kill.  If you want, I can take the F-86 and give you a chance. 
So besides being an advocate for lost causes, you're also a ridiculous gunslinger who challenges other users to duels on forums. You look at my posts and say they are not constructive, but with your last message you provided everyone with your presentation and business card. Debates are not useless even when opinions differ, it's people like you who make debates useless because they need to vent their frustration on a forum by creating unnecessary storms. I hope I don't meet people like you even on a virtual game server. Take care sheriff.

Firma DCS.png

On 8/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

I have massive amounts of respect for the development team, but just like with the night equipment - get the basics first, and then take care of the extras. A specific WP command that allows the carrier to turn into the wind should have been there as a day-one feature. I am sure you agree with that. Most of us would appreciate those additions more than the elevators or ready room. 
Additionally, what's the purpose of developing this complex deck crew routine if you don't allow us to select custom spawn locations for aircraft, disable cats or support more than 12 jets on deck? I mean, it is really pointless. The ATC doesn't even want to cooperate with me and my friends flying in MP. If we can't get it to get us back to the ship, why should we care about a system that helps us park or taxi?

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2023 at 4:31 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

Edited by dmatsch