The Phoenix should not be able to turn that well... - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #61
umkhunto

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post
Guys, just a check here......you do realize that when i missile is performing and intercept from outside your turn cycle, a tighter turn doesn't do you any favors if you are trying to evade it, right?
Shush. This is not the place for logical deduction.
umkhunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #62
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_dalan View Post
Guys, just a check here......you do realize that when i missile is performing and intercept from outside your turn cycle, a tighter turn doesn't do you any favors if you are trying to evade it, right?
That's not how it works! Here's the correct thought process:

1) Decide on what your reasoning will conclude. It is very important to take this step before said reasoning
2) Come up with some approximation and/or numbers without understanding what they mean or in which situation they are applicable
3) Use the demonstration from point 2) to highlight you were correct in the assumption you made during point 1)

For example, say I want to prove that the Su-27 was not designed for dogfighting. That's easy, its size and weight are both in the same ballpark as the F-14, and larger than the F-15. Such an airplane clearly can not be agile because it is common sense that large aircraft are not maneuverable. Done. Easy.
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:58 PM   #63
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post

1) Decide on what your reasoning will conclude. It is very important to take this step before said reasoning
2) Come up with some approximation and/or numbers without understanding what they mean or in which situation they are applicable
3) Use the demonstration from point 2) to highlight you were correct in the assumption you made during point 1)

For example, say I want to prove that the Su-27 was not designed for dogfighting. That's easy, its size and weight are both in the same ballpark as the F-14, and larger than the F-15. Such an airplane clearly can not be agile because it is common sense that large aircraft are not maneuverable. Done. Easy.
Lol, that was a good laugh.

Unfortunately you get to see that same process so many times in life... yet it is so true...

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:13 PM   #64
captain_dalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkhunto View Post
Shush. This is not the place for logical deduction.
Quote:

Thanks guys, you just made my day
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:09 AM   #65
LastRifleRound

Quote:

No way. The doppleganger thing is definitely the right answer here. What were we talking about again?
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote