Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anything hapen recently? Whenever my assign any support (CAP, SEAD etc.) for any task in any region, they just wont do it despite acknowledging it. I tested v112 and v115, I have most recent beta update and fly F18. I know it worked in 2019.

Did anything hapen recently? Whenever my assign any support (CAP, SEAD etc.) for any task in any region, they just wont do it despite acknowledging it. I tested v112 and v115, I have most recent beta update and fly F18. I know it worked in 2019.

Sorry I have just got back from a holiday where I wasn't really able to respond to this. Be advised AI flights heading to the Western sectors will fly due West for a significant amount of the flight before turning North to attack, this is to avoid crossing the border until the absolute last second that they can to avoid being intercepted for as long as possible.

Which sector had you called them too and I will double check regardless.

Sorry I have just got back from a holiday where I wasn't really able to respond to this. Be advised AI flights heading to the Western sectors will fly due West for a significant amount of the flight before turning North to attack, this is to avoid crossing the border until the absolute last second that they can to avoid being intercepted for as long as possible.

Which sector had you called them too and I will double check regardless.

Hi, thanks for your reply =)

I was trying Zugidi and Gaudata. It was working before but now they are just flying in circles near their spawn.

I know =)

But now they continue to linger around. I can tell them to push all I want to they wont move :cry:

I have tested Zugdidi and Gudauta sectors with CAP and SEAD flights and everything is working as it is supposed to for me. Are you spawning the flights and then trying to click all the push commands from the menu at the same time? For each push command that you issue you would be best to go out of the menu and back in before giving the next push command as the script needs a second or two to re-organise the menu after each push is clicked (it has to issue the command then remove the option from the menu). That's the only thing I can think of that might be giving it problems. Try calling for just one support flight and tell it to push and let me know what happens.

Edited by Surrexen

I have tested Zugdidi and Gudauta sectors with CAP and SEAD flights and everything is working as it is supposed to for me. Are you spawning the flights and then trying to click all the push commands from the menu at the same time? For each push command that you issue you would be best to go out of the menu and back in before giving the next push command as the script needs a second or two to re-organise the menu after each push is clicked (it has to issue the command then remove the option from the menu). That's the only thing I can think of that might be giving it problems. Try calling for just one support flight and tell it to push and let me know what happens.

I tried the good ol' repair DCS trick and now it works again:music_whistling:

v116 is up

Changelog v116

1. Has been increased to 125 missions

2. Has been given a radio option to smoke the current objective, to avoid the potential for smoke spamming on skip mission etc, the smoke is on a 5 minute cooldown

3. Persistency script changed to not explode statics, just cleanly remove them

4. Targets at the Gudauta airfield relocated just North of the airfield perimeter to try to avoid blowing up the runway by accident and screwing up the AI. Because of this the Tu-160 has been swapped for an Mi-24V Helicopter. The group name has been left the same so progress will not be affected.

5. The Black Sea Fleet has had the cruiser swapped over to the Moskva instead of whatever the other one was as it was the Moskva that resides in the Black Sea and I care about details like that.

6. EWR radar at Sukhumi airfield has been relocated just outside the airfield perimeter for the same reason as the targets at Gudauta airfield have been moved

7. A Pinpoint Strike has been added to Sector Zugdidi via radio to go along with some of the new missions

Cool! Thanks for the update! Do we need to delete the mission progress files for this one? I finally managed to take out those damned S-300s along the coast...don't wanna have to do THAT again. :D

You should be able to continue on :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any instruction on giving the AI support aircraft direction on what to do? I am new to multi-player missions.

*** I am enjoying playing this mission with friends!

The CAP flights that you can enable will defend their zones by themselves, no further input required. The support requested planes will spawn when requested and then orbit their first waypoint and await a 'push' radio command before proceeding with their flight plans. Once they have been told to push, no further input is necessary.

You can however radio any of the support requested flights and tell them to RTB under 'abort directives'.

• 2 weeks later...

v117 is up

Changelog v117

IMPORTANT: If you are using persistence, you MUST remove your ClearFieldUnitInterment.lua and ClearFieldStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation folder before starting the mission so new lists can be generated as many group and unit prefixes have changed!!!

1. A 2.5.6 compatible Moose version has been added

2. Group/Unit/Static prefixes for certain sectors have been revised so that pinpoint strikes will work on all targets in a sector

3. Infantry units have been set to not disperse under fire so they don't go hiding in trees etc

4. Target report clearview added to the text output to help alleviate the issue in the note below.

5. Various script adjustments

6. Carrier Defenze Zone code disabled due to SM-2 issue being an intentional ED change

7. An extra set of helo's have been put in at Tbilisi-Lochini and are Georgian

8. Poti SA-3 system has now been made operational because I'm a donkey and forgot to add the P-19 radar or whatever it is to it all this time.

9. SA-3 system added near Tbilisi

10. SA-11 system added to Senaki-Kolkhi

11. SA-2 systems have been added around Nalchik and Beslan

12. Other stuff that nobody will care about

13. Time of day set to sunrise again to get the pretty new lighting effects

14. Other stuff that I can't remember

Note: For busy multiplayer servers, an issue has been identified where the target report can take up a lot of space in VR (for example when a flight of 4 is full of players and the report is given to the whole group). To get around this issue, it may be best to change the client slot groups to single planes only and duplicate the single planes so that instead of one group of 4 planes, you have 4 groups of 1 plane each. This way the target report will only come out once per player and not take up their whole screen.

Edited by Surrexen

v117 is up

Changelog v117

IMPORTANT: If you are using persistence, you MUST remove your ClearFieldUnitInterment.lua and ClearFieldStaticInterment.lua files from your DCS World installation folder before starting the mission so new lists can be generated as many group and unit prefixes have changed!!!

Hi Surrexen !

Does it mean I will lost all my destroyed targets since the beginning of my "campaign" ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hi Surrexen !

Does it mean I will lost all my destroyed targets since the beginning of my "campaign" ?

Yes, I had to correct a bunch of prefixes to do with units and groups that would mean previous entries in your files will be invalid. I had managed to avoid making changes that would affect campaign progress until now. I think you will find all of the changes made over the last few updates worth it.

You can probably continue on with your previous files if you really want to, but it will throw errors about the units it cannot find out of your saved list. Try it and see.

OK, thank you for your hard work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Is it normal that carrier group don't open fire anymore on hostile aircrafts ?

Carrier group is set to weapons hold in ME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it normal that carrier group don't open fire anymore on hostile aircrafts ?

Carrier group is set to weapons hold in ME.

I had a special method of making the carrier group fire on planes only. ED made an intentional change to the way SM-2's behave which has broken this method. As a result, the carrier group is back to being permanently weapons hold until such time as I can make it fire on planes only again.

It's not possible to make it weapon free in is standard AI way?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah.... Strange... It shouldn't without fire at point task.

Anti-ship missiles yes it's a risk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]