DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

I LOLed...

Yeah, lets hope its a work-weekend in mother Russia...

I get the very distinct impression that this was once again pushed out undercooked to satisfy the torch and pitchfork crowd.

Yeah that would great, mkayy!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOLed...

Yeah, lets hope its a work-weekend in mother Russia...

I get the very distinct impression that this was once again pushed out undercooked to satisfy the torch and pitchfork crowd.

In that case, wouldn't we bear a share of blame when that happens?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yeah that would great, mkayy!

I need those TPS reports damnit :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

In that case, wouldn't we bear a share of blame when that happens?

IMO its a shared problem. ED doesn't release stuff, anticipation and vitriol build, ED races to release "something", which is underdone/tested. Release fails to meet community expectations, and pitchforks come out. ED spends time fixing the last buggy release instead of working on new stuff. Anger fades as last patch is patched. Cycle resets...

IDK, I'm usually they guy who wants a bit more polished product rather than a rash fix. I mean I wants it all fixed now too though, but I realize delaying it by a day or three is probably fine to avoid issues.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Cant tell, bro, serious or jesting?

According to Rudel it looks good (flat screen?), Looks like the new reflection model kills VR fps though.

Luckily they released it on the BETA PLATFORM and not the STABLE PLATFORM. I mean imagine something being unfinished in BETA STAGE... never fails to bemuse me

War is peace! Freedom is slavery! Ignorance is strength! Beta is stable! :music_whistling:

overall not a bad update. However, I have one mission for the FPS dropped from the 60-70 to teens. Not sure why.

New GFX setting possibly. SS soemthing.

overall not a bad update. However, I have one mission for the FPS dropped from the 60-70 to teens. Not sure why.

I had terrible fps issues in harrier on persian gulf

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I just opened an empty Persian Gulf mission to check out the new water and and just panning the view up above the horizon into empty sky cuts the fps from 190 max down to steady 50.

Edit: Cannot reproduce after restarting the game. Perhaps it didn't compile all the shaders the first time around.

Edited by MBot

Notwithstanding the long download and install, all went smooth and did the usual update procedures resulting in a good startup and testing in all theatres.

Now for the detailed flight and mission evaluations.

Thankyou ED and all,

Cats . . . .

Im def having performance issues with the new patch. Unplayable in VR now. :(

I guess I'll have to start tweaking again tomorrow.

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Seven hours to D/L through a very slow satellite ISP (ViaSat 10mbit/sec service). Pretty typical given the update size (17+GB for my system) - glad they scheduled it for today as my billing cycle and data allowance reset on Sunday. Plenty of snow to shovel and plow while waiting.

For me, 2.5.6 loaded with no issues and the new lighting looks really nice. No effect on frame rates, but I have a fairly robust system (i7 6700 oc’ed to 4600Mhz, Rtx2080ti), but have not yet tried to implement the SSLR. Thx DCS crew for your efforts. :thumbup:

Notwithstanding the long download and install, all went smooth and did the usual update procedures resulting in a good startup and testing in all theatres.

Now for the detailed flight and mission evaluations.

Thankyou ED and all,

Cats . . . .

Two things...no, three things! The three things I've noticed (with apologies to Monty Python) are the glacial download, slower startup, and they still haven't fixed the F-14 wallpaper. It's still an F-14D, and it still sucks.

It starts up 'better' than it did; more multi-monitor aware and I didn't have to go through the usual mouse and keyboard show to get it settled.

Real testing maybe later tonight, possibly tomorrow.

Great job, ED. Given the slings and arrows of outrageous demands BigNewy has had to field it felt nice to see him announcing the release. Not sure if that was intentional, but I liked it all the same.

Updated with no problem,

and now, when entering the game, the progress bar gets stuck on 10%... game over...

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Been testing for about 2 hours now, have tried F-18, F-16, SU-33, P-51 and all maps in 2.5.6. So far very impressive, there is more traffic and the traffic makes more sense. Water effects are great and lighting is a great change that could use some tweaking to perfect. For me on one monitor Performance is ultra smooth. I did see some shimmering from tree shadows on the Caucasus map.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Updated with no problem,

and now, when entering the game, the progress bar gets stuck on 10%... game over...

I just had the same problem try reloading without voiceattack

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Updated with no problem,

I was having the same problem, did a repair and now it's boots up as normal. The new lighting looks great also.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.