Supercarrier and F-14?

bell_rj

It is simple, If you do not own either F/A-18 and or F-14 then this module is of no actual use to you other than look pretty. It was developed with F/A-18 in mind primarily so expect full support for it and F-14 is compatible with the help from Heatblur.

Jump jets and helos can probably land on it like any other free carrier but no real simulation provided for them.

Why should HB need to do anything? Tomcat can land on current carrier and SC is no different. Deck crew does not care what ac type it launches, pattern is also the same. If someone need to actually change something, ED should add pilot salute on launch same as Tomcat has.

Danger zone!

Well, the Tomcat is a completely different generation of aircraft so it would probably require a whole different method and interaction with the carrier. I am sure that people can just hook to them or launch like any other "basic" carrier but fully simulated and interactive landing or launching is a very different story.

From ED's response it seems like Heatblur needs to do more work to get it fully compatible with this module. Heatblur were probably busy developing simulation with their carrier so this just adds more work on their plate. Especially if they were coding or developing separate method of interaction between F-14 and the Forrestal carrier.

Let us hope it all works out in the end but I am still holding off on my purchase of the supercarrier until it is very clear what we are getting.

F-14 and F/A-18 are of the Same Generation, Just Different Programs

(Tactical Fighter Interceptor, Light Weight Fighter Attacker)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If we expect them to interact with the aircraft in believable ways they certainly do. They can't *see* where the plane and its components are, they have to *know*.
agreed. Sounds like something ED would have to code for each airframe unless there is some deck crew API that 3rd parties could use.

agreed. Sounds like something ED would have to code for each airframe unless there is some deck crew API that 3rd parties could use.

Exactly.

It might be as simple as putting the nosewheel location and probably wing width somewhere in a .lua. Might even already be. But considering that we have things like the Spitfire flame exhausts first moving to the wrong locations, then moving again to different wrong locations after an update, then on the third attempt to "fix" it the effect being deleted entirely, I worry.

One of the biggest questions I have regarding the F-14 using the Super Carrier DLC is the RIO position... What if the pilot has the DLC, but the RIO does not? I'm sure this is something that'll be considered, hopefully sooner rather than later. :thumbup:

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, Virpil CM3 Base, Virpil Control Panel 1, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, WinWing Take Off Panel, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier

Nevada - Normandy - Persian Gulf - Sinai - Syria

One of the biggest questions I have regarding the F-14 using the Super Carrier DLC is the RIO position... What if the pilot has the DLC, but the RIO does not? I'm sure this is something that'll be considered, hopefully sooner rather than later. :thumbup:

The RIO is just following the Pilot's position so if the pilot has the collision model enabled, the RIO would "stick" to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850