Steam Transfers now available via DCS Account Profile

NineLine

Listo gracias. Tenia la duda al ser de los módulos más viejos, es mucha diferencia para nosotros comprar desde Steam. Sale A10c en las próximas ofertas!

Solo el A-10C?:(

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I have two DCS accounts, I want to delete one of them, the one I want to delete has STEAM keys linked to it, can I link the keys to my other DCS account?

Make a Ticket to ED with that question, they may transfer you from the account you want to eliminate the Key to the account you want to keep. :thumbup:

DCS WORLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Can I buy the Viper on Steam and transfer it to my DCS Standalone account?

Yes, actually you bind your Steam account with your ED account. After that, all the DCS DLCs that you own on Steam, can now be used on standalone.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Because here in Brazil, the price of any product in dollar, in our currency, is about 4,2x bigger...and in Steam we can split the purchase, which helps a lot for those who can not pay the full amount.

All my products were bought at DCS store...but now I can't buy it for the full price...this is why I asked if it was possible to do via Steam this time.

That is a real problem here, to buy in dollar, unnfortunity.

same in Turkiye. Thanks ED for giving this opportunuty to us

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thats true, sometimes the prices on Steam can be much lower than on ED’s, back on June I purchased the I-16 for only US$ 16 and the TEW 3.0 Campaign for just 2.80 US$ .. but when the prices are similar I do prefer to buy at ED :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Because here in Brazil, the price of any product in dollar, in our currency, is about 4,2x bigger...and in Steam we can split the purchase, which helps a lot for those who can not pay the full amount.

All my products were bought at DCS store...but now I can't buy it for the full price...this is why I asked if it was possible to do via Steam this time.

That is a real problem here, to buy in dollar, unnfortunity.

Ok, I don't understand. Eagle Dynamics is Russian. What does the Dollar have to do with it? The exchange rate is the exchange rate. Be it Rubles to Dollar or Rubels to Reals. So is the price you pay 4.2 times the converted US dollar price? Or 4.2 times the US Dollar Price? Or 4.2 times the Ruble Price?

The exchange rate is the exchange rate.
No, it isn't. Steam policies means they adjust prices to the country they are selling in, and so you buying from different countries means different prices. ED is not that a huge platform to do so (well, they do but in a rough way, not that localized), but Steam is, and so while in so called "western countries" we see same price tag and buy same prices more or less everywhere, in other counties they don't and it's helpful for people there (with different standards of living and income rates as well) to be able to buy in their countries with tighter prices than we see in our own countries. And usually in their own currency, not $, again a Steam thing.

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

No, it isn't. Steam policies means they adjust prices to the country they are selling in, and so you buying from different countries means different prices. ED is not that a huge platform to do so (well, they do but in a rough way, not that localized), but Steam is, and so while in so called "western countries" we see same price tag and buy same prices more or less everywhere, in other counties they don't and it's helpful for people there (with different standards of living and income rates as well) to be able to buy in their countries with tighter prices than we see in our own countries. And usually in their own currency, not $, again a Steam thing.

S!

Prices are not subsidized by Steam depending on the Economic Buying power of a country. If there is a cost difference its because of local tax/tariff laws. Btw, the answer is the numerical value of a module in Reals is 4.2 times the price of the price of a module in US dollar (US to BRL 4.13 this morning). What he was saying is Steam allows him to finance his game or put it on layaway. What you're saying people buying in US dollar need to pay more after conversion using purchasing power parity rates?

Prices are not subsidized by Steam depending on the Economic Buying power of a country. If there is a cost difference its because of local tax/tariff laws. Btw, the answer is the numerical value of a module in Reals is 4.2 times the price of the price of a module in US dollar (US to BRL 4.13 this morning). What he was saying is Steam allows him to finance his game or put it on layaway. What you're saying people buying in US dollar need to pay more after conversion using purchasing power parity rates?
I've no idea how they do or exactly why, but prices aren't the same in different countries. Even with ED, now it's all more or less the same (or at least you don't see/are allowed to see it), but time ago before that change ED modules weren't the same in Russian store and English store, you just had to change web language. And Steam do as well, the same software isn't sold at the same price everywhere but based on IP location you don't see it.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 6 months later...

Maybe a bit of a necro on older thread....but a question:

If you transfer a module from Steam to DCS standalone, does it remove it from Steam?

I'm just contemplating a switch to standalone but didn't know if I'd have the ability to go back to Steam....

Thanks

I read the line that stated if the user unbinds their account, the key is revoked from DCS standalone. Fair, but my concern is the root nature of that statement. Is that just a courtesy to the users privacy or is it because in actuality it's on loan per the agreement with steam amd they too can sever that connection at will?

Is there the possibility steam elects to revoke those keys?

Granted, there's also the possibilty ED ditches steam, but that's obviously not a topic that will receive a useful response. Rightfully so.

Edit- Im essentially working up the risk factor of dividing my assets from where I purchased, incase things split. I would like to give more of my money to ED whenever I purchase my next module instead of the middle man. I installed the standalone version to trial the A10 and such. Im just a little eccentric when it comes to deciding how and where I spend money, especially when it starts looking like it may be a lot over time.

Edited by Pike

If you transfer a module from Steam to DCS standalone, does it remove it from Steam?

No .. you are not really transfering anything, you are linking your Steam account onto your ED account, so that ED will know which DCS dlc you have bought on Steam.

I'm just contemplating a switch to standalone but didn't know if I'd have the ability to go back to Steam....

Your steam install isnt touched in the least ... you can keep using your Steam DCS and ED DCS at the same time (provide you have enough hard disk space). You can for example, keep your Steam DCS running the stable release of DCS, and the ED DCS can be the open beta version, so that you have more flexibility.

Hello,

I've just finished to transfer all my licenses from steam to ED account and all goes well apart the pre-purchase of SuperCarrier that I made on steam about at 20th of march.

This pre-purchese doesn't show on my ED account.

If I try to get refund from steam, they say the game was played for more than 2 hours, but obviously is not possible cause Supercarrier isn't released yet. I only played DCS of course, but anywway they can't refund me and I can't proceed to re-buy the module on ED shop.

So I would be glad to know if at release date, will be immediately avaliable the transfer of SuperCarrier module like others.

Can someone let me know if this happen or if I have to prepare to wait more before trying this module? :helpsmilie:

Can someone let me know if this happen or if I have to prepare to wait more before trying this module? :helpsmilie:

Or you can open a support ticket.

• ED Team

Hi

Once the super carrier is released ( planned 20th May ) it will become available in your steam library.

then just check your ED account and profile and on the steam section click get licences.

Once done you login to your stand alone open beta version and use the module manager to download the module.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This may be an ultimate bonehead question, but is there any performance advantage to having a smaller second DCS install?

My main install is Steam, with all the maps and planes, but if I have a DCS install from here with just one map, and I only transfer the SC and Hornet to it for example, would that perform better given the smaller "cleaner install" or would it just possibly load a bit faster?

Thanks.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Hi

Once the super carrier is released ( planned 20th May ) it will become available in your steam library.

then just check your ED account and profile and on the steam section click get licences.

Once done you login to your stand alone open beta version and use the module manager to download the module.

thanks

Thanks!!! :thumbup: