[RESOLVED] SLOW FPS on RIO seat after 2.5.6 update

Renko

I did some tests. All SP instant action. I did delete all metashadercache and fxo, no SSLR or other fancy preset. Both on HIGH preset, exact same options. 2D. And this is only SP. MP is a nightmare. I had 12-14fps while on the ground.

My results.

OB 2.5.6.43505

f16 takeoff Nevada 62 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 52 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 62 /rio 23 fps

OB 2.5.5.41962 (old one)

f16 takeoff Nevada 81 fps

f18 cold dark Nevada 64 fps

f14 watching devil dogs pilot 80 /rio 74 fps

Did not know about turning off the WCS. I'll check that out later. But for now, I'll stick with the old version. 20FPS for me its the difference between smooth or crappy in VR.

Yep :thumbup:

Can confirm turning WCS to OFF relieves the severe FPS latency in the RIO seat (VR) instantly.

I am not too good at grabbing framerates - perhaps someone can verify that with some fps numbers for the team - but with my specs (below), the RIO cockpit goes from unusable to normal!

Edited by MRSHADO
added "instantly"

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Yep :thumbup:

Can confirm turning WCS to OFF relieves the severe FPS latency in the RIO seat (VR) instantly.

I am not too good at grabbing framerates - perhaps someone can verify that with some fps numbers for the team - but with my specs (below), the RIO cockpit goes from unusable to normal!

Ok We did a good test here. WCS on (after warm up when screens come up) my FPS went from 67 to 9 FPS. Switching WCS to OFF restores to 67 FPS

I am rocking a Ryzen 2500 with an nvidia 1080. Memory at 32Gb and M.2 NVME SSD for storage.

My wife (and normal rio) has a similar intel rig and she has similar results, we can't play with a I can't tell which screen causes this, the TID or DDD but one of them being on is killing the FPS. the front seat remains high fps in either WCS state.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're seeing the same now. Thanks for all of the reports.

Note that we didn't change anything that should cause this, so we'll have to dig deep and fast.

No, but you did tweak the VDI and TID repeater up front got better visuals no? In the RIO seat, the game is "seeing" for displays from three RIO pit compared to the 2 up front. I was getting huge frame time increases looking down at the pilot master test twitch (looking rearward) so maybe something about "seeing" multiple displays is causing the performance hit? Between that and the new lighting...

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

I believe the recent patch has caused a drop in fps for f-14 RIOs, it's fine when the plane is cold, but when you begin turning on systems, the fps drops to 5-10 fps. I noticed the drop starting when I turn on the datalink. Edit. After reading previous comments on the ride screen turning on, it would make sense as the TiD usually warms up when I get around to turning on datalink.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

We're seeing the same now. Thanks for all of the reports.

Note that we didn't change anything that should cause this, so we'll have to dig deep and fast.

I feel your pain.

Also seeing huge frame drops on the ground at AlDhafra airbase (VR) from the front seat. Anything before and after 11 o clock and 1o'clock is a slideshow.

If it helps, I lost all nav but the standby compass on a mission and switched off all the displays. When I landed, everything seemed fine. So maybe it's something with the displays that has broken.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Anyone who is up for it; feel free to test this file. Replace the one in your Mods/Aircraft/F-14B/Shapes/ folder (don't forget to backup!).

Note: none of your cockpit lights will work properly with this modification.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng7wnpguvkmregx/F14B_Cockpit.rar?dl=0

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Anyone who is up for it; feel free to test this file. Replace the one in your Mods/Aircraft/F-14B/Shapes/ folder (don't forget to backup!).

Note: none of your cockpit lights will work properly with this modification.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng7wnpguvkmregx/F14B_Cockpit.rar?dl=0

sadly. It doesn´t work.

I got 10-17 fps with the 2.5.6 edm.

I got 30 fps with this edm.

Turning off the AN/AWG-9 I got 92 fps

:megalol:

So I did another test. In the editor, I used the failures page and enabled the "DDD: Total" failure. The moment the DDD died in game, my frame rate returned to normal.

To duplicate,

Set the player aircraft as a tomcat with the failure "DDD: Total" enabled.

Before clicking "FLY", Jump into the RIO seat, then click fly.

The Framerate should see the current drop until the DDD dies. At that moment, the frame rate will return to normal.

I hope that helps a bit.

Edit: Looks like "DDD: Total" only disables the display while the radar can still function and track targets. Perhaps a rendering issue?

Edited by ShermanZA
additional information

So I did another test. In the editor, I used the failures page and enabled the "DDD: Total" failure. The moment the DDD died in game, my frame rate returned to normal.

To duplicate,

Set the player aircraft as a tomcat with the failure "DDD: Total" enabled.

Before clicking "FLY", Jump into the RIO seat, then click fly.

The Framerate should see the current drop until the DDD dies. At that moment, the frame rate will return to normal.

I hope that helps a bit.

Edit: Looks like "DDD: Total" only disables the display while the radar can still function and track targets. Perhaps a rendering issue?

I gotta say, whether or not the DDD turns out to be the problem, that was pure genius!

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Is the mission file produced post-patch? Some people are reporting good FPS if they create a new mission, but older missions from before the patch are experiencing FPS drops.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Is the mission file produced post-patch? Some people are reporting good FPS if they create a new mission, but older missions from before the patch are experiencing FPS drops.

I created some new missions mimicking the quick start missions and pre-2.5.6 missions i have made. The improvement was negligible. When the DDD dies, the frame rate roughly doubles every time, regardless of mission file.

note if your in the back seat switching the WCS switch to the OFF position my framerates jump from 15 back to 40 in the RIft S. Clearly it is something with the TID/DDI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat