DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

All I can say is I’m grateful ED are still working on modules when many of us are furloughed and can’t work, so we should be grateful for that, so thank you all who are still working and are bringing us modules and updates, hope you all stay safe!

Just an opinion!

You should not be personally offended by any comments here.

You are a representative of Eagle Dynamics, not a private citizen on this forum, and as such your "personal" views should never come into play. Customers are frustrated and they have every right to be; they did not create the issues or delays; over zealous planning did. The carrier was suppose to release the 1st quarter, then April 15, and that's fine, but listen to your customers and let them vent.

You should never show any "personal" regard or disregard for anyone posting here. That's a quick way to lose the company you represent customers. Hopefully, Raytheon continues to be part of the DCS community, which is not large.

You have been awarded a double face palm for taking yourself and your customer rights too seriously.

jiFfM.jpg

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

• ED Team
All I can say is I’m grateful ED are still working on modules when many of us are furloughed and can’t work, so we should be grateful for that, so thank you all who are still working and are bringing us modules and updates, hope you all stay safe!

Just an opinion!

Thanks for the kind words, we hope you are safe and well, a difficult time for all at the moment and worse for others.

Keep safe.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
You should not be personally offended by any comments here.

You are a representative of Eagle Dynamics, not a private citizen on this forum, and as such your "personal" views should never come into play. Customers are frustrated and they have every right to be; they did not create the issues or delays; over zealous planning did. The carrier was suppose to release the 1st quarter, then April 15, and that's fine, but listen to your customers and let them vent.

You should never show any "personal" regard or disregard for anyone posting here. That's a quick way to lose the company you represent customers. Hopefully, Raytheon continues to be part of the DCS community, which is not large.

Thanks for the advice, I get very busy with messages and I am human, sometimes I let my personal views out, but no malice intended and I was polite.

But please if you want to discuss it PM me,

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the advice, I get very busy with messages and I am human, sometimes I let my personal views out, but no malice intended and I was polite.

But please if you want to discuss it PM me,

Thanks

I don't know how you do it . If i had that job , i'd wanna reach through the interwebs and choke the living (well you know) out of us sometimes !

Great job in a thankless task :worthy:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

My only thought here is I bought the product and was told a date it would be released. DCS waited till that date to say it would be delayed, I think they knew that information weeks before but was hoping to get everything together but that was FUBAR. I think at least some updates would be nice.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

My only thought here is I bought the product and was told a date it would be released. DCS waited till that date to say it would be delayed, I think they knew that information weeks before but was hoping to get everything together but that was FUBAR. I think at least some updates would be nice.

JeffG

But they said they were really sorry about that. Said they knew they messed up. I mean we have to trust them now right? Let's be real here, their one of the best in terms of communication so surely we should over look everything.

Serious though, agree with you, but they ain't having none of it.

I don't know how you do it . If i had that job , i'd wanna reach through the interwebs and choke the living (well you know) out of us sometimes !

Great job in a thankless task :worthy:

right? I DONT work there and I want to more than sometimes

JeffG

This is my biggest problem as well. I dont mind a delay for something not working, I mind when said delay isnt announced until day of release having been told nothing prior indicating another blocker was there. reading through I see it wasnt known internally either which is a bit worrying for such major things to go unnoticed that close to release. but the lack of notice was the worst of it here. even if it was late the night before since it seems it was at least known then a pinned blurb/ short announcement until the longer explaination was put out would have been better than someone finding a comment on hoggit and bringing it here. A 2 sentence statement would have gone a long way here. just have to learn from this is all

like others I think some kind of regular interval updates like what we got for this would be an amazing step. just a summary of what blockers are being worked on actively or have been completed that week/month for a module in production and should be done for all developing modules. gives us a better idea of what to expect since we can see where the focus is. should also cause less misinformation as far as expectations go

30th of May

Hey, pilots,

I check Steam every day to see if my pre-order has already been downloaded. Now I have seen that if you look for DCS Supercarrier in Steam the 30th of May 2020 is listed. Possibly the new release?

I check Steam every day to see if my pre-order has already been downloaded. Now I have seen that if you look for DCS Supercarrier in Steam the 30th of May 2020 is listed. Possibly the new release?

It's just a placeholder date. Can be sonner or later depending on the progress with bugs squashing.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I’ve learned from my mistakes and no longer believe ED release date predictions. I know they are trying their best, but the accuracy of their estimates is often wrong.

If I were them, I would avoid setting expectations for the community. If that’s not possible, then maybe they should estimate, and the multiply that estimate by 1.5 or even 2.

I know the SC will be lots of fun, can wait!

I’ve learned from my mistakes and no longer believe ED release date predictions. I know they are trying their best, but the accuracy of their estimates is often wrong.

For additional features to existing products, yes I agree.

This is the first time in 10 years I remember them missing a release date for a new product though.

If I were them, I would avoid setting expectations for the community. If that’s not possible, then maybe they should estimate, and the multiply that estimate by 1.5 or even 2.

I know the SC will be lots of fun, can wait!

I guess you haven't had much to do with the building trade then? :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

For additional features to existing products, yes I agree.

This is the first time in 10 years I remember them missing a release date for a new product though.

Exactly! I don't understand why people are saying ED does this all the time or this happens a lot.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

After my initial Disappointment,My Thoughts

I've been looking forward to this module for some years now,I put it up there with The Tomcat and Hornet as far as my Excitement goes.

But I feel DCS is biting the Bullet on this one,The Code is Old and Broke,Especially as far as Carriers go,I think they knew eventually it would all have to be fixed.....but unfortunately for us Naval fans they chose now.

I believe they feel as I do that Naval Ops in DCS has Huge Potential with New Aircraft and Ships coming,They couldn't just put a band aid on this and expect new players who've been coming to the Sim in Droves since The "Free For All" event to play The Sim in MP and Have Terrible Performance or CTD on every mission.

I truly hope The price we are paying now with this Extended Delay Pays off for MP and SP players alike with a much more stable platform.

Patrick

mini.gif

Hi all,

Progress is being made by the team on our internal builds, some of the code for how objects interact with the deck had to be redone.

As soon as we do have a date we will let you all know, we are planning for sometime in May.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

I don't have problems with ED coming across issues and miss their targets, I don't particularly consider that having good management skills but I understand it can happen. What I do find very offensive to the community is watching a post that was more a novel than a forum thread, from the COO saying that the MP issues prevented ED to launch the SC, and now we start reading these kind of things about redoing some stuff here and there. So the first launch date was march, then april, now may! But hey, it was ready in march, we only didn't launch because there was a big sale, and then we didn't launch because the MP issues, and then we didn't launch because we are redoing some stuff. And this is coming from someone who has a normal life with children, spouse, job, etc. I can't even imagine being in the shoes of someone who reserved a free day at work to have some quality time with his/her favorite simulator's module that was supposed to launch. I also write positive threads about ED and their huge work and attention to detail, which by the way the only thing ED said on it was "Please don't post anything confidential". Jesus ED! I hope I don't make anyone angry here, which lately is easier than cooking a hotdog.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

To ED.

Apologies if this has been asked (and answered before), but will compatible SC modules, missions, campaigns etc. be updated to reflect the introduction of the SC?

Gone through the "free month modules campaign", (fantastic venture BTW, THANK YOU!!!), and I've pretty much settled on my current favorites, which brings me to giving re-love to the F/A-18C, and that question popped into my head.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has been asked (and answered before), but will compatible SC modules, missions, campaigns etc. be updated to reflect the introduction of the SC?

No - there will be new missions and some of the existing missions and campaigns might be updated by their creators with optional SC version so to not break any existing missions for users that did not purchase SC.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

No - there will be new missions and some of the existing missions and campaigns might be updated by their creators with optional SC version so to not break any existing missions for users that did not purchase SC.
Okidoki! Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Not even so much as a mouse fart in the weekend news. All it would take is a single line. "We know you're eagerly waiting. We're working hard and we are getting there." Something...Anything. Instead? Nothing!

But, some of you will keep making excuses claiming that ED communication is second to none! Enjoy the P47 screenshots though.

Not even so much as a mouse fart in the weekend news. All it would take is a single line. "We know you're eagerly waiting. We're working hard and we are getting there." Something...Anything. Instead? Nothing!

But, some of you will keep making excuses claiming that ED communication is second to none! Enjoy the P47 screenshots though.

The time it takes them to put the news bulletin together is time away from development which further delays the module you are so desperate to have.

.. and if they had included your suggested single line, there would probably have been complaints that they needn't have bothered.

I've also ordered the SC module and believe me, i would really love to see it activated in my account by now, but them adding a nothing update in the weekly newsletter is not going to make it arrive any quicker.