The New cockpit

NineLine

Hey, ive never flown f16 or 18 in this game, but judging purely from youtube videos, the graphics or more like the textures of the f16 seem quite a bit better than the ka50 when looked at from a close distance. Their more high rez. Atleast thats how it looks to me. Anyone who own a f16 or similair, can u confirm or deny? How do the textures look up close? Idk how to drop screenshots but in the video look at 0:19 and 0:20. 0:20 is very close yeah i admit but it looks kinda bad. Is it this bad on the f16 too?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im so excited for the cockpit update. the ka50 is in my opinion your best module ever and my personal favourite even after over a decade

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

The new cockpit arrives tomorrow :D

4Or9wXF4JGI

I waited by the chimney all night,,, didn't see anything :doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Downloading.

HRRRRRNNNN!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Awesome.

Looks superb!

Going to need to look at my DCS forced IPD setting, joystick is up to my chest.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Rogue, I would be very interested to know how she now looks in VR!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Sadly! I'm a little dissapointed with the new cabin: Textures are superb, but looks blurry, especially letters. It really does not have the same quality that we could see in the upgrade of the cabin of the A10C: Where we could see really sharpeness letters and textures!

incredible, just got my VR opticians for the reverb….. love it. a far better sense of sitting in a tank!

The spacing and size of the rear view mirrors is excellent.... each mirror is the size of my fist but so much room to look around and between the mirrors out through the roof window.

The rotor sound sounds better, more descriptive of how you are loading the blades... am I imagining this?

crystal clear cockpit for me (optimal VR centre view).

In pit serial number is 25 (yellow 25?).

Edited by Rogue Trooper

The rotor sound sounds better, more descriptive of how you are loading the blades... am I imagining this?.

I agree - sounds more indicative as to what's going on.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks, I tried the Rift S about 6 months ago in the Huey, but couldnt really see the gauges clear. Might try again? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

For me, Good Job.... love the blade sounds..... cockpit crystal clear in VR (Reverb).... Nice...

Button lights are still not right though. In VR and 2D the Auto turn to target appears very weak but worse it appears back to front - off looks on etc...

The Autopilot cluster lights are not clear in the slightest... I can hardly discern whether they are on or off... but then that was PG map, sunny 11am.... probably ED's new lighting...

SIGBLOCK.png

The Autopilot cluster lights are not clear in the slightest... I can hardly discern whether they are on or off... but then that was PG map, sunny 11am.... probably ED's new lighting...

Perfectly clear and bright running the Ka-50 Quick Action Mission "Free Flight" on the Normandy map.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Make sure you have repaired the install.

Lights are better but not so bright, I checked with the warning light test switch. I am flying the las vegas strip... sunny and bright (fixed shadows). FPS is Very good.

Hud has the typical Russian sun screen at the top.... blisss!