Minimum requirements

gwyndz246

Hi everyone, i'm fairly new to dcs and been practicing with the su25t for a while now. I would like to purchase fc3 to add more planes.

The issue i have is in order for my laptop to play dcs i have the 1.2.16 version. If i download any version after this the game crashes. I do intend to purchase a new gaming p.c in the future but i would like to get more practice while i save up for this.

If i would purchase the fc3 and download it, will it work on my version?

Many thanks in advance

Minimum version supporting FC3 is 1.2.2, it may however require Lock On to be installed. Source:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I'd go for DCS 1.5 to stay with lower HW requirements and to do fine with FC3:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_158/

Keep in mind that in 1.5 Mig-29 has still old Standard flight model.

Seems not possible in your case.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I would like to purchase fc3 to add more planes.

... i have the 1.2.16 version.

If i would purchase the fc3 and download it, will it work on my version?

Yes, FC3 will work in DCS 1.2.16.

You will miss out on later flight model and cockpit upgrades but have the bonus of still having access to the older FC2 missions that were removed from 1.5.4 ? and later versions.

Minimum version supporting FC3 is 1.2.2, it may however require Lock On to be installed.

Not since 1.2.7

Flaming Cliffs 3

• With DCS version 1.2.7 an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat is no longer required for FC3 installation.[/Quote]

... Seems not possible in your case.

1.2.16 (sixteen) dates from 2015, @gwyndz246 should be fine i.e. I have a legacy version of 1.2.16 installed and it runs the older version of FC3.

Edited by Ramsay
Spelling

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080