GROUP ACTIVATE not working for carrier start?

Nealius

I'm trying to get AI aicraft to spawn on the Stennis and launch while the clients are sitting on deck. I created the triggers exactly the same as I would with getting AI aircraft to spawn in the air but it won't work. Here's how I've tried setting it up:

-LATE ACTIVATION

-Moving zone attached to carrier

-Trigger ONCE, NO EVENT

-UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE (assign zone to carrier)(assign unit)

-GROUP ACTIVATE (assign unit)

But it doesn't work.

To debug I tested a simpler trigger:

-Trigger ONCE, NO EVENT

-TIME MORE (15)

After 15 seconds the group still did not activate. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Nealius

I'm still on 2.5.5, but the latest OB version of that is a couple versions newer than the Stable 2.5.5.

Can you take a screenshot of your triggers or send a .miz file?

As a workaround I can set the unit to start at a certain time, but I want the unit to start if and only if both client aircraft are spawned and sitting on the carrier.

Attached is the .miz, although it's literally just the simple test from your original post. There is 1 trigger set to run Once, when Time More than 10 seconds, to spawn a group on the Stennis to take off. The group consists of 1 plane, so I'm not sure if that matters.

I also tested it in my 2.5.5 OB install, and it worked there (at least the Takeoff from Runway did, I didn't check anything else).

SpawnTest.miz

I had an activation issue on 2.5.6 -- the objective is to launch elements of the full cycle by activating them sequentially as the deck is clear.

-LATE ACTIVATION

-Trigger ONCE, NO EVENT

-UNIT OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE (assign zone to carrier)(assign unit)

What SHOULD happen is that the player group spawns with nothing else on the deck. Once the player's wingman launches and is clear of the carrier by 1 NM, the second group activates and launches, triggering a third group, and so on.

What happens is that the late activation groups all spawn and activate at start.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I had an activation issue on 2.5.6 -- the objective is to launch elements of the full cycle by activating them sequentially as the deck is clear.

-LATE ACTIVATION

-Trigger ONCE, NO EVENT

-UNIT OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE (assign zone to carrier)(assign unit)

What SHOULD happen is that the player group spawns with nothing else on the deck. Once the player's wingman launches and is clear of the carrier by 1 NM, the second group activates and launches, triggering a third group, and so on.

What happens is that the late activation groups all spawn and activate at start.

Three might be an instant in time before the player spawns, which is why a lot of scripts require the condition t"ime more 1"

What you could try to ensure it works is set a condition for the player to be in the moving zone, and set a flag, and then make you AI event also have the condition that said flag is also true. That will ensure the AI trigger never happens before the player spawns.

It's a mess, due to the parking locations. Generally your first two aircraft will spawn blocking cat 1, but the AI will try to use it anyway and just sit there waiting for you to get out of the way... At this time you can't select the parking spot # so ramp start on the carrier either...