Mission Editor Top User Requested Features

NineLine

On 9/19/2022 at 5:44 PM, Thelma Viaduct said:

Off the top of my head:

Split waypoints for element and flight to create a formation flightplan. 

Radius turns/turning circles. 

Easy control over velocity & time over  target for self and other flights, crucial for synchronised airfield attacks. 

Graphical representation of time in threat circles, flightplan profile. 

Fuel/weight calculation requirements showing issues if applicable. 

Category flags showing potential targets in a particular category. 

Priority flags for important targets, command, rear HQ, field HQ, comms, logistics, POL, Depots, choke points, forward dumps, political, decapitations, NBC, battlefield, direct support, reserves, repair centres, counter air, airfields, ewr, defences, CCC. 

Target finder split in to class and type. 

EWR Coverage 

CAP Area

Awacs tracks

Head/Tail wind shown on takeoff and approach points. 

Time to be free/fixed or bound. 

Payload that can be assigned to a particular targwt waypoint x, y or z. 

Command mode showing current war status, air power of blue and red etc. 

Squadron relocate to alternative airfield. 

Generalised taskings to single or formations of aircraft. 

Along with your arrogant and condescending attitude, you're displaying something called 'cognitive dissonance', look it up. 

How you can form such a strong opinion from something that you have never used is kind of silly. 👍🏿

Tornados mission editor was state of the art in the day, especially for multi aircraft attacks (where you could split the formation at a choosen waypoint, so up to four individual jets in the same formation could have individual IP waypoints before reforming after the attack). It got developed later on and a similar version of it was used on an early 'real' Tornado mission planner.  Some of the above would be great to implement in the ED mission planner.

Edited by Harry.R
  • Like 5

Undo / Redo functionality with history states would be tremendous for mission builders. 

Edited by Napa
  • Like 11

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Adding the possibility:

• to set the turn radius and/or angle of turn after or before a waypoint for AI and human players.
  • to determine taxi paths at air bases + runway to use
  • determine angle of dive in advanced action dive bombing
  • allow us to use a numerical value for direction from in advanced action 

• Like 8

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

I would really love the ability to lay down roads, houses, bridges and overpasses.

• Like 3

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

A more realistic fuel management based on the payload, total weight, time required for the route flown. From this, the mission editor should display/calculate how much fuel you need.

• Like 6

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I am a huge fan of this game! I know it's not my opinion of the mission, but please incorporate the perfect replay reproduction that so many of us are asking for! I want to see my flight or battle in the exact same replay every time.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ke51 said:

I know it's not my opinion of the mission, but please incorporate the perfect replay reproduction that so many of us are asking for! I want to see my flight or battle in the exact same replay every time.

Use server side track then or tacview.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Allow the editor to

• make a section of 2 to 4 AI planes take-off in formation, even after having taxied from their parking soot to the runway
  • make single AI planes t-off from one of two sides of the runway in order to allow a human player to take-off in formation with an AI);
  • do the same for landing 
  • Make the AI do the most common patterns before landing (e.g. the navy overhead over an airfield)

thanks

• Like 8

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• 1 month later...

FIRE - Resue

United States Coast Guard

HELI  -  Dophin

Ship Legend Class

Canadian Coast Guard

Heli - 428

Ship Eikers

Tools for both -  Bambi Buckets, Wench with cable and usable basket.

- 418 - 218 - un60 - mi-8 etc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Add the unit "crew chief" and other ground crews to service static aircraft for immersion. All of them with 3-4 animations. 

Bring the hangars to life for that SP "eye candy" as you roll to the flightline. Great for single missions or campaigns. 

Give the crew chief the ability to scream obscenities at you for damaging aircraft. 

• Like 3

Things i miss the most:

- Undo
- Select multiple units and/or waypoints just by clicking and dragging over an area.
- Allow moving all selected units/waypoints by dragging instead of only 1 at a time
- Add "unit hit by weapon X" trigger, weapon in zone trigger is too slow and misses any fast moving weapons.
- Give mission designer some "cheat" commands to use, like force AI planes speed, give infinite fuel or trigger command to restore full fuel etc. these would help a lot when working around some AI issues.
- Allow mission designer to simulate or "force lase" a target with either a trigger ( On Activation unit X start lasing target Y with laser code Z) or alternatively add invisible static object that acts as a laser designated spot
- Add more aircraft hangars as editor placeable objects
- Let mission designer set the amount of HP objects/units have and if they are hardened and need penetrator warheads to damage

I'm used to ofp/arma mission editor where all of this works like a charm and its a bit frustrating trying to make workarounds in DCS editor.

• Like 9

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 1 month later...

I think we desperately need a couple more buildings as static objects, that integrate with the new maps.

Basically a couple of the one and two story buildings, walled compounds, huts, sheds, etc. from each map. So we have a way to add a specific "target building" in missions in places where no generic buildings are generated and which don't look obviously  like added from the old Caucasus map times.

The generic civilian airliner from the airports as a way to add civilian air traffic without C-130, IL-76 and KC-135s as "stand-ins" would be great and while we talk about neutral units, as in ROE "only shoot confirmed hostiles", the addition of civilians, basically insurgents and technicals (HL Dshk), but unarmed aka without a weapon so a pick-up without the Dshk and a guy without the Ak-47, would open the possibility to create believable scenarios where ROE are enforced and identification of targets is required and you are penalized, when "killing everything that moves".

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 10

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

A unit detected in zone trigger. Maybe add a modifier for the amount of time detected. For example: Unit detected in zone X time detected >1 second. 

So crossing a ridge with only a very brief detection wouldn't trigger an immediate response. But just having a detected in zone trigger would be great. And before anyone talks about  Is omniscient AI,  no it is not. I've tested it to deth, and even recreated the TopGun "good morning aviators" moment. So there is definitely a detection logic at play. It would be nice to be able to use it to script missions. I can think of numerous uses for this. I personally would love to use it to simulate alert, and QRF aircraft. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

A unit detected in zone trigger. Maybe add a modifier for the amount of time detected. For example: Unit detected in zone X time detected >1 second. 

So crossing a ridge with only a very brief detection wouldn't trigger an immediate response.

Yes, the detection trigger is heavily requested, but some added functionality like time detected and such could make it even more useful. Like you've said there are cases where something may only appear on the radar for a second. Not enough time to really gain any meaningful info. The mission designer might not want this to count as detection. However, there is some functionality to do this as is, such as by timing the detection with a flag counter. But if these things could be built into detection triggers themselves, that would be very useful.

• Like 4

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Event Action: Load Mission.  Add a checkbox for "Reload This Mission", as an alternative to the File selection.  If the box is checked then grey out the filename drop down box.

• Like 3

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Mission editor screen: Move the map using the Left Mouse Button.  Regular play in DCS uses the Left Mouse Button.  Let's make it the same for the ME.

• Like 8

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

To be able to set a group's IAS to a WP, not just GS.

Also, 'Unit's indicated airspeed lower/ higher than' trigger conditions.

+1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

How about 'Layers' that be be Locked/Unlock/Hidden similar to graphic image editors (Photoshop) so I can build a part of the story (Ex: Carrier Attack Grp) then locked it to avoid inadvertent editing mistake while building another part of the story.   

I see throughout the various suggestions the request for Undo/Redo or Step Back/Step Forward; it's very frustrating when you make a simple mistake but it totally screws up hours of work. 

'Layering' would significantly reduce these mistakes and also make it cleaner to work with by 'Hiding' layers so that can't receive Focus.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC