are we getting a new aircraft next week ?

Basilahi

saw this in the news letter and i was wondering what 3rd party module are we getting ???

"Due to a third-party module not being quite ready in time to make the Open Beta 2.5.5 release this week, we have to push 2.5.5 to next Wednesday, 5 June"

or is it just a bug fix update for one of the modules we have and its not ready yet ?

From previous threads and this one, the way I understand it, is that one of the 3rd party devs was not ready with their upgrades to the new DCS 2.5.5. Which includes some big things like improved VR. I would think that an upgrade like that would take quite a bit of code rewriting and testing. So I didn’t take it to mean that a new aircraft is being released. And I kind of doubt ED would postpone a Update to accommodate a 3rd party new release. They would postpone an update if an existing module would cause crashes or other problems.

Considering how more than once before 3rd party developers published a changelog only for us to find out they didn't make it into the update somehow, I'd not see this as signs of anything major happening.

It means one of the modules that we currently have in game is not yet updated by 3rd party to work with 2.5.5, so, worst case scenario, it will be disabled for a time in the next beta.

But yes, next week is the release date of Fw-190 A-8 in early access, and ED is committed to keep this date, so you can expect an update next week as well as the new aircraft.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro