Technicals

Rakkis

With Tucano, Bronco, Kiowa, and the likes coming to DCS in the mid to long term, it would be nice to have some generic Technicals as official assets in DCS. Perhaps just a Recoilless Rifle Variant, Rocket Variant, and Heavy Machine Gun Variant. I understand theres a mod out there but something official that would pass integrity checks across MP Servers would be pretty awesome, and open up the low to mid altitude game with lighter less advanced assets. It would also make the Warbirds viable in some modern COIN scenarios popping pickup trucks with Rockets, .50s, and the likes as the PA-48 Enforcer was intended. Anyway, just something to throw on the wishlist.

• Like 2

I also wish if there could a variety of these with Anti-Air guns or some mortar contraptions, but also transporters, to work with the supply and material mechanics, convoys could transport, fuel, cargo, weapons, in their pickup trucks.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I would definitely like technicals and the like. In fact, I think DCS lacks machine-gun armed 'soft' ground units. It doesn't seem to be as urgent right now with much of the focus being on long-range hitting high-tech fighters at the moment, but it is a definite need for DCS and has been terribly obvious at a time when utility helicopters and light strike planes were the modules being released.

• 2 years later...
Am 10.11.2019 um 17:58 schrieb Kang:

I would definitely like technicals and the like. In fact, I think DCS lacks machine-gun armed 'soft' ground units. It doesn't seem to be as urgent right now with much of the focus being on long-range hitting high-tech fighters at the moment, but it is a definite need for DCS and has been terribly obvious at a time when utility helicopters and light strike planes were the modules being released.

Getting very urgent now, with the Apache and Kiowa in the line up... and civilian versions of Pickups to have ROE have an impact.

Would love to see more diverse insurgent infantry, tripod mounted Dshka, soft vehicles of all sorts with Small arms and AAA.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

2 hours ago, shagrat said:

Getting very urgent now, with the Apache and Kiowa in the line up... and civilian versions of Pickups to have ROE have an impact.

Would love to see more diverse insurgent infantry, tripod mounted Dshka, soft vehicles of all sorts with Small arms and AAA.

Indeed getting urgent

I'm secretly hoping that technicals will be added same day as the AH-64D EA release, but I didn't want to jinx anything but saying it out loud... ("technically" I still didn't say it out loud)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 3 Stunden schrieb draconus:

From DCS 2022 and beyond video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmGCYeipas&t=187s

Captura03.JPG

That's just the .50 Cal/Dshka version, the real killer would be the same(!) 4x4 without weapons(!) so we could add "neutral" unarmed ones that according to ROEs should not be engaged. Ultimately requiring pilots to not simply kill "everything that moves" without proper identification of valid targets. 

I've seen it all the time "cluster bombs" on villages, rockets on a bunch of vehicles, because there is no incentive to adhere to Rules Of Engagement.

Neutral faction and cows is the closest we can do today. But we really need proper non-combatants. Even a simple Insurgent AK-47 without (!) the AK-47 would be a tremendous asset, as an unarmed/civilian and require proper visual identification of weapons. 😍

• Like 3

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yeah, hopefully we'll get at least 2 base vehicles, with multiple weapon variants and in multiple liveries:

EvJ-_7QXEAI_B0e.jpeg

So far I think we've seen DShK and an M2, though it would be good to see things like the KPV, ZPU-2, ZU-23-2, SPG-9, M40, and maybe even the one with the UB-32 with S-5 rockets.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

8 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, hopefully we'll get at least 2 base vehicles, with multiple weapon variants and in multiple liveries:

EvJ-_7QXEAI_B0e.jpeg

So far I think we've seen DShK and an M2, though it would be good to see things like the KPV, ZPU-2, ZU-23-2, SPG-9, M40, and maybe even the one with the UB-32 with S-5 rockets.

a payload editor for technicals would be awesome 

• Like 2

Am 11.2.2022 um 17:47 schrieb Northstar98:

EvJ-_7QXEAI_B0e.jpeg

As long as we get at least one unarmed(!) in the same color as the one with a Dshka or similar, I am a happy man! I want so badly to introduce ROE issues to my missions since the DCS: A-10C Beta... It's what makes COIN operations  challenging. The requirement to not just shoot everything, but to make sure, to shoot the right thing.

If everything cries "Kill me, I am the enemy" by the visual model, already, and the closest "challenge" is to distinguish, between an Ural Truck with barrels and crates and an Ural Truck with Zu-23-2, it gets old quickly. Bluefor has currently the ONLY two vehicles coming as armed vs. unarmed: the Humvee armed vs. the unarmed... but that's difficult to use for enemy forces.

Looking at Eightball's liveries for the Insurgent AK-47 and the Georgian Soldier M4, I really wonder why ED isn't adding his liveries to the models, or invest a few hours to slap different camo patterns, color shifts to the original textures.

With the Apache and Syria there will likely be a lot of missions that could benefit from more diverse insurgent forces, real ROE challenges and last, but not least, a mission editor option to restrict BMP/T-72 from using the Warsaw pact ATGM, to better reflect the late SAAF, ISIL and JAN/Al-Kaida forces that fought in the Syrian Civil war theatre. Not everyone outside the Soviet union and Warsaw pact had plenty of Russian ATGMs lying around... 😉

• Like 2

Shagrat