Black Shark 3 official photos.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs: Don't forget about BC7 texture compression !!! At least for the cockpit, if not the liveries as well.

Yes memory requirements go up, but worth it, cockpit is the most focused on and zoomed in place, perhaps optional graphics setting.

http://www.reedbeta.com/blog/understanding-bcn-texture-compression-formats/

brick_compare_bc7.png

gradient_compare_bc7.png

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/Compressonator

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

nobody dealing with this?

:doh:

Look at the textures - Pretty sure it's just a screenshot with the camera placed inside the model

Go to the chase view in your current install and mode the camera to inside the cockpit - that's about the level of detail you'll see.

(You could post similar images from inside the Mi-26, get shots from the cockpit or rear section of the Mi-24, & the An-26 has a very nice cockpit )

attachment.php?attachmentid=220717&d=1573134380

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

nobody dealing with this?

:doh:

You can take similar screenshots by using the F2 camera of your own plane and then rotating it to clip into another parked AI aircraft's cockpit. What's there to deal with?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am sure we're all looking forward to it. And then next year the Black Shark III module, too :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 months later...
ooo i see L140 swich and L370 switch nice !! and KABRIS not ABRIS cockpit looking good

Hmm, so what do you mean by that? What do those switches do, and what is the difference between KABRIS and ABRIS?

Ok, looks like l140 is just the laser warning system, l370 is President-S.

Edited by 3WA

Google Translate

… and what is the difference between KABRIS and ABRIS?..

The ABRIS is a version of the navigation system for civil aviation (Advanced Map Moving System). The KABRIS is a military version of the navigation system (Complex Advanced Map Moving System), which includes special additional options, for example, such as displaying tactical information received through the Datalink Targets, etc.

The developer of the systems, the Transas Company, were developed 3 modifications of the KABRIS: the KABRIS-27 for the Ka-27s, the KABRIS-31 for the Ka-31s and the KABRIS-50 for the Ka-50s. Ultimately, the military versions of the system were not accepted by the Russian Armed Forces, as almost entirely consisted of imported components. At a joint venture of the Transas Company, the R.E.T. Kronstadt CJSC, were produced the KABRIS-31 for the Ka-31s, for export to India.

<…>

[ATTACH]211168[/ATTACH]

Original in Russian

АБРИС – это версия навигационной системы для гражданской авиации (авиационная бортовая радиотехническая интегрированная система). КАБРИС – это военная версия навигационной системы (комплексная авиационная бортовая радиотехническая интегрированная система), которая включает в себя специальные дополнительные опции, например такие как отображение тактической информации, полученной через целеуказательный «даталинк» и т.д.

Разработчиком систем – компанией «Транзас», были разработаны 3 модификации КАБРИС: КАБРИС-27 – для Ка-27, КАБРИС-31 – для Ка-31 и КАБРИС-50 – для Ка-50. В конечном итоге военные версии системы не были приняты российскими вооружёнными силами, т.к. практически целиком состояли из импортных комплектующих. На совместным предприятии компании «Транзас» – ЗАО «Р.Е.Т. Кронштадт», выпускалась КАБРИС-31 для Ка-31, поставляемых на экспорт в Индию.

Edited by S.E.Bulba
update.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Google Translate

Hmm, so does this mean were getting the military version now?

The KABRIS-50 military version was modeled from the very beginning in the DCS: Black Shark game. During the game, do you see tactical information on its display received through the Datalink Targets (transmitted and remembered targets, known air defense threats, etc.)? The ABRIS civilian version does not have such a function.

Original in Russian

Военная версия КАБРИС-50 с самого начала была смоделирована в игре DCS: Чёрная Акула. Во время игры Вы же видите на её дисплее тактическую информацию, полученную через целеуказательный «даталинк» (переданные и запомненные цели, известные угрозы ПВО и т.п.)? Гражданская версия АБРИС такой функцией не обладает.

Google Translate

Thanks! I thought we already had the military one.

I'm afraid either I did not quite understand, or my Google Translate is too bad, which is more likely. :)

I repeat: the ABRIS civilian version does not have the ability to interface with the External Targeting System (Datalink), and also does not display tactical information. While our AMMS has such features in the game.

DCS: Black Shark 2 Flight Manual (English), p.7-112.

<…>

Tactical Information

Tactical information regarding the helicopters in your flight, mission targets, and threats is available in the NAV operating mode. To display or hide this information, TACTICAL SITUATION settings can be configured from the MAP options page. The settings are all enabled by default.

Types of tactical information that can be displayed include:

• Up to four helicopters in a flight with corresponding identification numbers
  • Three target types
    • Armor and other types of vehicles
    • Air defense systems (AAA and SAM)
    • Other targets including buildings

[*]Target ingress points (IP)

[*]Detection zones of known and plotted air defense systems

<…>

In fact, the KABRIS-50 military version was implemented from the very beginning in the DCS: Black Shark game, and it remains so until the present time. The fact that in the DCS BS2 Flight Manual this AMMS is called 'ABRIS' is probably either a mistake or a kind of phraseological simplification. The ED knows that it was not the ABRIS civilian version, but the KABRIS-50 military version that was installed on the real Ka-50s.

… Дело в том что на Ка-50 стоит не АБРИС, мануал к которому стал в свое время доступен в сети, а КАБРИС - адаптированное к Ка-50 изделие с рядом отличий. Например с выводом тактической информации о целях переданных через даталинк.

Original in Russian

Боюсь либо я не совсем понял, либо мой Google Translate слишком плох, что более вероятно. :)

Повторюсь: гражданская версия АБРИС не имеет возможности сопрягаться с аппаратурой внешнего целеуказания («даталинком»), а также не отображает тактическую информацию. В то время как наша система обладает такими возможностями в игре.

DCS: Чёрная Акула 2 – Руководство пилота (Русский), стр.7-119.

<…>

Тактическая информация

Индикация тактической информации о вертолётах звена, целях и угрозах производится в режиме КАРТА. Для включения и выключения режима отображения тактической информации служит фильтр ТАКТИКА в подрежиме опций НАСТРОЙКА КАРТЫ (по умолчанию включена).

В рамках индикации тактической информации могут отображаться:

1. Четыре вертолёта звена с соответствующими выбранными номерами.
  2. Три типа целей:
    • подвижная малоразмерная цель, бронетехника;
    • средства ПВО;
    • прочие объекты, сооружения.

[*]Точки подхода к цели.

[*]Опасные зоны обнаружения разведанных средств ПВО.

<…>

Фактически в игре DCS: Чёрная Акула была с самого начала реализована военная версия КАБРИС-50, и она остаётся таковой вплоть до настоящего времени. То обстоятельство, что в «Руководстве пилота DCS BS2» данная система называется «АБРИС» – это вероятно либо ошибка, либо своего рода фразеологическое упрощение. ED знают о том, что не гражданская версия АБРИС, а военная версия КАБРИС-50 была установлена на реальных Ка-50.

Google Translate

The vagaries of the English Language.

When he said "I thought", he meant in the past, but not now, because he believes you, and the "Thanks" were for giving him the new information.

:)

Thanks! Once upon a time, they tried to teach me French and Kazakh languages, but it would probably be better if they taught me English. :)

Original in Russian

Благодарю! Когда-то давным-давно меня пытались научить французскому и казахскому языкам, однако было бы наверное лучше, если бы меня учили английскому. :)

• 1 month later...

Just wondering - will the President-S system's display added to ABRIS, as I didn't see the extra display mounted in the new render.

QHTmhXj.png

kInAFr5.png

(source:

)

Thanks.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...
On the Russian forums, they said they were going to add a third pylon to the wing, and you could carry up to 4 iglas.

Link?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Yeah they did say that, but it's buried in the BS3 thread so it may take a bit to find it again. Basically they are going to put Ka-52 wings on the Ka-50 so you can have a dual Igla launcher on each outer station in addition to the current normal loadout.

At this point I'm not even thinking about what the upgrade will look like until it comes out. I find the speculation to be incredibly unhelpful, but that's just my opinion.