Mission Editor Top User Requested Features - Page 21 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #201
Baaz

Sorry if said already, but:

Ability to copy/paste trigger zones, PLEASE.

To further build on that:

The ability to copy/paste trigger zone list for easy transfer to scripts.

If the above is possible already, could someone please take the time to explain, thanks.

Last edited by Baaz; 10-20-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #202
Proof

Allow initial point objects to be included when saving/loading static template files or create a separate template save function for them, please.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #203
shagrat
ED Translator

Integrated Help for triggers/conditions/actions and an updated Mission Editor manual with details on how to use the dozen or more new actions etc.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
Old 10-21-2019, 07:20 AM   #204
nickos86

Set DMPI for AI wingman in the flight. In addition an optional 'weapon' option - that way the AI will be instructed with which weapon to strike the target. If the option not selected - the AI will decide by it's own.

When giving them the order of "engage target and rejoin" the AI will attack the predefined DMPI or DMPIs (primery/secondary).
Old 10-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #205
Captain Orso

Default Flight -> Prepare Mission - Fix

The goal is to be able to make settings for aircraft which start other than cold, especially air-start an aircraft trimmed (regardless of load-out) and in "autopilot", but also radio channels, lighting, etc., etc.

Make it possible to copy these settings over from one aircraft of a type to another of the same type, so that they do not have to be made manually for each and every aircraft of a type.

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Old 10-21-2019, 02:25 PM   #206
SoW Reddog

I don't know if this counts as a mission editor request or not but....

I'd like the MP interface changing so that it's not possible to see both side's slots and airfields as soon as you load in. Ideally I'd prefer a much more FOG OF WAR type system where you choose a side and then can only see the slots that are available. It makes little sense to me that you can log into a server, see exactly where a pilot has spawned in and fly there to kill him on the ground because he's gone AFK for a little while or is slower and less experienced in getting the aircraft started than you are.

For a game which prides itself so highly on REALISM, I find it...odd to say the least.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #207
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoW Reddog View Post
I'd like the MP interface changing so that it's not possible to see both side's slots and airfields as soon as you load in. .

I'd also like this.
There should be a realism option which disables the table showing where each player has spawned.

Current: AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive
Previous build: i5-6600k, GTX 1080Ti, 16BG 2666 RAM, ASUS Maximus XIII Ranger Mobo
Old 10-21-2019, 05:47 PM   #208
Whozdär

Not directly a ME feature, but an ability to save the current state of a mission would be awesome. Then all human players would probably have to be sent back to their spawn points for when the game is resumed on the dedicated server.

And therefore, ability to edit saves in ME. (to add / remove some AI units, make them move etc)
Old 10-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #209
Worrazen

- Escape key having some kind of a function, exit dialog?

- A generic out of the box "Patrol" setting for movable units in the waypoint options, without having to setup separate triggers to tell them to go back to the opposite end of the path when reaching the last waypoint.

I'm going to post my big list of ideas in a few moments I hope there still is a few hours left. ASAP. (Still writing ..)
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.

Last edited by Worrazen; 10-21-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #210
NineLine
Community Manager

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will try and get them all submitted to the team for review, thanks!

@Worrazen, just PM it to me
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread