Helicopter winching & fast rope capacity

jojo

stop selling modules that could be used in civilian use

Disagree. There're plenty of AC that can be, and are, used in both roles. No reason to not have them here, even if the civvie side isn't modelled 100%.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

+1

In real life, I think almost every helicopter has a winch option for SAR.

This is currently a missing feature on DCS helicopters. So I guess this is due to DCS World.

Being able to winch soldiers/ pilots on the ground & at sea would add a lot of interest for helicopters operations in DCS World.

Especially since naval operations are building up (Harrier on Tarawa, Hornet, Tomcat...) we need an helicopter to rescue pilots ejected at sea.

Some assets to perform medical SAR on civilian ships or on the ground would be welcome too.

Fast rope to deliver troops would be fun too :thumbup:

Disagree. There're plenty of AC that can be, and are, used in both roles. No reason to not have them here, even if the civvie side isn't modelled 100%.

Okay, all modules have their military use in real world ( The Christen Eagle, I'm not sure) but why should we have, in DCS, only a military context around these modules if they have the both roles ?

And it's all the more true for the winching action available in a military context too.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Defo +1 on the winch.

Fast rope egress for elite troops would also be excellent.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Adding features to modules that were released years ago? Where's the revenue logic in that? Nope, not gonna happen. Or did you think they'd just do it for free?

It would expand helicopter business, both for existing and future module. It could be used in new campaigns.

And and it shouldn't be that difficult to add since we already have sling capacity.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It would expand helicopter business, both for existing and future module.

Wouldn't be enough of a sales reignitor for an old module. The Hip, as excellent as it is, has been around for ages and you just can't rejuvenate old stuff. So nope, not gonna happen.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 3 weeks later...

I flew a long time the Huey, until the Harrier came out, then the Hornet, and sdly, i feel like Helicopters are the black sheep of DCS and the missloved ones. I was so much hoping for these stuff when i was flying the Huey. Hope one day soon, DCS we'll see more modern helicopters with cool features as this.

• 1 year later...

Still can't believe after all this time there is no integrated CSAR, fast rope and hoisting of down pilots and troops in dcs. It's not the modules its the lack of content that kills it. Especially with the hind in the works. Really need more content and functionality.

Especially since we have been using one single Minecraft low poly farp with no desert textures for the last 6 years

I believe that old modules can be updated and spark increased sales. Maintaining your product is just as important as creating new modules. So often we hear people say I wish they would just finish this module or add this feature while in EA. If you ask me, all modules are incomplete!

Adding features to helicopters will automatically add sales. Who doesn't want the ability to conduct CSAR, paradrops, and fast rope missions from helicopters. There is a lot of content to add that would round out those modules. Those on the fence will jump at purchasing the module with increased features. There are naysayers but those are the people that hold back progress, they just don't matter in the long run.

Here is where ED can bring the environment to life. It's about rounding out the player possibilities. We don't want to simulate what we are doing it in the game, we want to do it in the game. I want to "see" a rope from a helicopter, or watch parachutists jump from helicopters, and hoist that downed pilot or soldier needing MEDEVAC. Content is as important as modules (it also generates sales).

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

I agree that these things could use some love. It would be positively awesome to have a bit more functionality in regards of troop and cargo transport. The flaw in the plan, of course, is that I'm one who bought the relevant helicopters already. But still, with an improved system for cargo and passengers in place, I would absolutely buy a transport plane. Or a cargo helicopter. And anyways, I believe you are right in that there are quite a few people who would be more interested in these modules if certain things just worked better.