[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #141
phantomknight321

Just tried this out a bit, this is exactly what I needed! Sometimes I can’t devote a ton of time to figuring out what I want to do, and I fly really late from time to time and can’t fly multiplayer otherwise I would disturb my sleeping family.

Here’s my personal wish list:

-custom load outs through the UI, with economics. Would be amazing to have to budget out weapon loadouts along with equipment, some things can be pretty expensive to carry in (litening pods, for example, cost 1.5 mil or so).

-difficulty settings in the ui. Would be awesome to have an even harder mode, forcing you to have to purchase the cheaper aircraft and ordinance before moving up. I know stuff like this can be tweaked in the settings but having it in the UI would be really convenient

-multi-role missions. I know this is on the list, but figured I would throw it in here. For example, the Mi-8 and Huey can do ground attack gunship roles, so missions with that in mind would be nice

-ability to add modded aircraft. If this is already present, then disregard, but I was looking for a way to use the MB339 and could not figure it out. With the A4 coming it will be even more handy to have that feature

That’s all I can think of for now, thanks for building this awesome application!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phantomknight321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #142
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinden View Post
Hello, I am new to the campaign but I am experiencing a glitch where pretty much everything is on fire. It doesn't seem to include the missions targets and the campaign runs as it should its just that everything is on fire like certain structures and airbase emplacements. Seemingly random vehicles on highways are destroyed as well. This happens the moment I load into the mission and I can't find anyone experiencing this issue. Any ideas?
Also I wanted to see if I could remove aircraft from the campaign, I was kinda aiming for a cold war era dynamic campaign without the flaming cliffs aircraft or M2000. If thats possible I'd like to know how to do it.
Smokes are pretty much just a visual thing, they're placed randomly along front lines to represent, ahem, frontlines.

When you attack the airbase they are also placed randomly, based on total strength of that base (lower - more smokes).

Regarding the aircraft modifications - you can pretty much remove everything from game/db.py that mentions the aircraft in place. Also refer to modding guide, which covers adding the aircraft, and gives the general idea about which section does which (https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberat...o-the-campaign). I might write a proper guide for this later.
shdwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #143
phantomknight321

Just did an intercept on Persian gulf...for some reason, all of the enemy fighters died shortly after spawning in, leaving only one unarmed enemy aircraft. I assume it may be an altitude thing; everyone seems to want to fly really low.

This was the full start, I did an intercept yesterday with quick start and this wasn’t a problem, everyone spawned at a much higher altitude

Old 09-10-2018, 12:01 AM   #144
shdwp

New update: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberat...es/tag/1.4_rc1

Strike operations are available only for a western part of Caucasus at the moment. They're placed manually, so it's pretty tedious (but much more believable than random), and it'd take a lot of time to cover the maps completely. Anyone wants to help me out with this? Also I don't really know how exactly this kind of stuff are placed on the battlefield, so any comments regarding the placements are welcome, especially before I've completed the bulk of the work.

Next thing, apart from finishing with the strikes, would probably be expanded heli operations.

Changelog:
  • strike operations - perform bombings of infrastructure buildings, enemy bases and warehouses
  • support for multirole aircraft - now any aircraft can be assigned to any flight
  • updated AA units selection
  • new UI by Khopa
  • number of bugfixes

Last edited by shdwp; 09-10-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #145
phantomknight321

Just tested out the new version. New UI is killer, really helps with making things pop. Also really digging the fact you can now assign aircraft to any role; I just flew an attack mission and used my F5s to do the CAS, and just modified the loadouts in the mission editor.

I do have a possible bug though, not sure if it’s related. Before the update my flight was always on 305, which wasn’t a big deal even though the briefing said 251. Now, I tried both frequencies and they wouldn’t respond. Not sure if it’s a bug in your application per se, but just an odd quirk I noticed now

Old 09-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #146
hisothiro

Thank you so much shdwp, this dynamic campaign is basically all I do nowadays in DCS. I eagerly await each update. Will share your work on Hoggit so more people are aware!

Cheers and thanks again. You're doing the Lord's work.
hisothiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #147
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisothiro View Post
Thank you so much shdwp, this dynamic campaign is basically all I do nowadays in DCS. I eagerly await each update. Will share your work on Hoggit so more people are aware!

Cheers and thanks again. You're doing the Lord's work.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomknight321 View Post
Just tested out the new version. New UI is killer, really helps with making things pop. Also really digging the fact you can now assign aircraft to any role; I just flew an attack mission and used my F5s to do the CAS, and just modified the loadouts in the mission editor.

I do have a possible bug though, not sure if it’s related. Before the update my flight was always on 305, which wasn’t a big deal even though the briefing said 251. Now, I tried both frequencies and they wouldn’t respond. Not sure if it’s a bug in your application per se, but just an odd quirk I noticed now

What type of mission did you attempt? Usually, if plane support the task in the Editor, it should load appropriate loadout from the start. It kinda gets more complicated, since there are few main tasks in the campaign related to A2G - CAS, Anti-Ship, Ground Attack. And there's also specific issues with specific planes.

Also I had the same issue with radios, will fix in next update.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #148
phantomknight321

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwp View Post
Thanks!

What type of mission did you attempt? Usually, if plane support the task in the Editor, it should load appropriate loadout from the start. It kinda gets more complicated, since there are few main tasks in the campaign related to A2G - CAS, Anti-Ship, Ground Attack. And there's also specific issues with specific planes.

Also I had the same issue with radios, will fix in next update.

I attempted a frontline attack mission. To be honest, I didn’t actually even pay attention to the loadout before modifying it, nor did I try the mission without modifying. I will try it again today at some point and see what loadout I end up with.

*edit* I just loaded up a fresh mission and can confirm that you do get a 4 mk82 loadout for the F5. My personal opinion is that its better to take some rockets instead of all bombs, but either way at least the loadout is working on a role specific basis.

Last edited by phantomknight321; 09-10-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #149
shdwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomknight321 View Post
I attempted a frontline attack mission. To be honest, I didn’t actually even pay attention to the loadout before modifying it, nor did I try the mission without modifying. I will try it again today at some point and see what loadout I end up with.

*edit* I just loaded up a fresh mission and can confirm that you do get a 4 mk82 loadout for the F5. My personal opinion is that its better to take some rockets instead of all bombs, but either way at least the loadout is working on a role specific basis.
Cool. You can actually change the default loadouts editing the db.py file so you don't have to change them every time: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberat...r-the-aircraft

Although it feels that some kind of selection should be in the application anyway. I might add that later.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:39 AM   #150
shdwp

Another minor update: https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberat...es/tag/1.4_rc2

Saves with previous RC is incompatible!

* helis would spawn at frontline FARP for Fronline CAS
* updated caucasus ground assets placement
* flight freqs are possibly fixed and should always be at 251
* few bugfixes

Tags
campaign, dynamic campaign