A-10 - Sturmovik - campaign. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
Dzen
ED Team

Send a message via ICQ to Dzen
Post A-10 - Sturmovik - campaign.

A-10C Sturmovik

A story driven campaign, with voice over from professional actors, now fully subtitled in English!

Brief: Following weeks of unrest in Georgia, its Adjara region has announced that is it separating away from the republic. Georgia has sent troops to the republic to restore constitutional order back and clamp down on the newly formed militias.

A pair of A-10C planes that were sent by the United States to Georgia for evaluation purposes as part of an arms deal negotiation were now in the hands of the Adjarians. With the breakaway republic being supported by Russia in the UN, two test pilots from Russian Airforce, Lipetsk, have arrived to Batumi with one mission: hijack the American made sturmoviks!

A 14 mission long fully voiced over campaign will follow the unfolding events in the volatile Georgian region as seen from the seat of the legendary tank buster - the A-10 Sturmovik!

This is the official campaign for the A-10C, but it was previously available only in Russian. Comrade Katmandu translated texts into English and now I can present to you the localized version. Audio messages are still in Russian. Good flight!

Update.
Campaign is translated on English and China. It is multilanguage now. Link for download is deleted because campaign is available for players in menu of campaigns for A-10C.

Last edited by Dzen; 04-03-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Dzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Speedbrake

Thanks!!!
Speedbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
MacEwan

Awesome Thanks!!!!
MacEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #4
dok_rp

Thank you very much for sharing!
dok_rp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
Katmandu

I have translated this campaign as it is (imho) among the most atmospheric, best written-directed-and-acted campaigns that are available for any DCS module. It is really quite superb imho. The professional actors used for radio comms really make it come alive, but scripting and missions are fresh and interesting in themselves.

Audio is still in Russian (which is the way it should be as you'll be playing as a Russian test pilot who will have hijacked one of the 2 A-10C from Geogria) but you'll have subtitles for everything, plus all the briefings have been translated. I always prefer to watch foreign cinema (Japanese, French, Swedish etc) with subtitles and not dubbed so I can hear genuine emotions of the original actors, this will be similar experience for English speaking A-10C fans.

Without spoiling too much, this pretty large campaign (14 missions?) will have you hijacking planes from under the nose of advancing guards (fire up the APU, then one engine and GO), locating terrorist cars, firing warning shots, sinking cutters, bombing chemical plants, saving fallen chopper pilots, performing night raids on enemy airfields... Lets just say it is nothing like the Georgian Hammer default English campaign which is really generic and lacking in atmosphere and personality.

Some stereotypes will need to be squashed in the process, but you cant miss this one if you like the A-10c !

Last edited by Katmandu; 07-24-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
Katmandu

First mission has a slight bug in the intro, russian text is shown instead of english. I've PMed Dzen, so hopefully this will be sorted sometime soon.

Last edited by Katmandu; 07-24-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Dzen
ED Team

Send a message via ICQ to Dzen

Fixed.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
Katmandu

Yep, intro is fine now, thanks.

I'll just say that if someone notices particularly jarring bits of English - please post here and we'll try to put them right.
Salut!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #9
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator

I just tried the first mission, 20-30 seconds after take-off my wingman get shot down by a F-16 and the mission is lost. Is this a bug or did I take too long to start my engines?
Tried it 3 times, wingman never survived longer than a minute.
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Milli

Thank you very much Dzen and to all involved. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Milli
Milli is offline   Reply With Quote