Kneeboard RSBN, NDB and Radio

paura19

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps worth mentioning that in quick start missions the channel presets all show 220 in ME. May be same for RSBN

I am new to DCS and got question to radio channels. As Cibit mentioned, they show 220. Do i have to set every radio channel manually for every new quick start mission? Is there a preset which i can import? Please tell me more about setting up the radio channels. How should the channels been ordered?

I am new to DCS and got question to radio channels. As Cibit mentioned, they show 220. Do i have to set every radio channel manually for every new quick start mission? Is there a preset which i can import? Please tell me more about setting up the radio channels. How should the channels been ordered?

This is a bug which is apparently on the list to be fixed.

You cannot set those channel frequencies yourself while in flight, they're set in the mission editor.

this is useful. Thanks

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

If you make your own mission then the presets are already inputted. I presume the free flight missions where created before the open beta was finalised for release:music_whistling:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the files!

Only a consideration, AnnaNass, the ARC column in your files is only for the 21 that uses a simplified navigation system.

All ARK systems correctly modeled (ARK-5 for the MiG-15, ARK-9 for the Hip and Albatross and 22 for the KA-50) use the NDB column.

If you can, rename the ARC column to something like "ARC-MiG21" to avoid confusion.

hey guys where is the kneeboard folder located?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

User/saved games/dcs open beta/ kneeboard

But I use this again http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341 ,and it is exceptional for adding pics and pdfs for specific planes

Hope this helps mate;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

seems that theres no any folder kneeboard there already look,thats why im asking!!!should i create it?

ok i create it and works nicely thanks for the help!!!

Edited by skouras

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Thanks for the files!

Only a consideration, AnnaNass, the ARC column in your files is only for the 21 that uses a simplified navigation system.

All ARK systems correctly modeled (ARK-5 for the MiG-15, ARK-9 for the Hip and Albatross and 22 for the KA-50) use the NDB column.

If you can, rename the ARC column to something like "ARC-MiG21" to avoid confusion.

I don't own the Mig 15, i thought the Mig 21 is the only aircraft with the ARC system.

I have never seen a ARC system in the KA 50 :huh:

The Albatros hasn't a ARC system, it has an ADF.

The Mig 15 has an ARC radio with different channels than the Mig 21?

Thank you :thumbup:

The "ARK" or "ARC" is the russian name for the western ADF nav system. It uses the same NDBs.

The beacons with the morse codes and frequencies are defined in the beacons.lua file of DCSW maps (caucasus for example) alongside with VOR, TACAN, ILS, RSBN, PAR... and other navigation aids.

At the moment we´ve got:

.- MiG-15: ARK-5, manual tuning like the ADF of the Sabre and Huey.

.- Mi-8 and L-39 Albatross: ARK-9, manual tuning system with the "inner" and "outer" selector. You can tune two beacons and select the one you need.

.- KA-50: ARK-22: presets only, you can change the presets editing the associated lua file.

All these modules use the beacons and beaconsite LUAs of the map. If a NDB is destroyed or a ILS in destroyed you lose the signal and the nav aid.

Leatherneck MiG-21: it uses a file that can stows until 90 RSBNPRMG stations and 72 points for "ARC" in a xyz file with an associated morse code wherever you want in the map. You can even put a beacon in the middle of the Black Sea. It is not a real ARK/ADF. It´s a simplified nav system.

Sorry for my english. Send me a PM if you wish.

Regards.

Edited by Tarres

Thanks for that!

If I'm not mistaken, Krymsk outer NDB frequency is 803, not 830

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16