No keyboard controls for ground movement.

shaz56

So I saw Christmas Sale announced so I thought I would treat myself to Combined Arms. Clicked on DCS World and lo and behold, a new update. I thought OK I''ll wait a few minutes no prob. When all done downloaded said Combined Arms, again all fine.

Started Sim and proceeded to configure ground unit controls to joystk etc, but when in game all is haywire and even keyboard controls are defunked and I NEVER, EVER change keyboard commands.I can move turret, fire from gunner pos but in driver pos cannot move vehicles. I'm thinking WTF. Any Idea's guys or are any of the developers aware of this problem. Call me a fool but I was under the impression that Updates are supposed to Improve gameplay, not make things worse. Once again I await any response with anticipation, By the way Merry Christmas to all.

Are they white out?

Like some of the controls in next image?

23mj3m.png

Also what is the name in the dropdown list for CA controls?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

same as yours, ground_unit.

if you press on the blank field and press default or clear it should become visible.

Everything works here, try reloading the default profiles.

as i said " i never ever change keyboard commands " WHAT i have iS the default settings, they are just not working in game. If I bring up control panel and press the keys for movement they register as working but in game WALA !

Did you engage the driving gear?

Once occupying a unit, you can drive it using the following key commands:

Accelerate - [W]

Brake -

Turn Left - [A]

Turn Right - [D]

Hand Brake - [H]

Autopilot - [C] Group will follow route set in Command Map

Each unit has a manual transmission and you will need to shift to the appropriate gear. To move backwards, shift down to the lowest, reverse gear.

Shift Gear Up - [X]

Shift Gear Down - [Z]

Press X a couple of times then press W to see if you can move it forward. I have the acceleration mapped to my Warthog HOTAS throttle and my rudder pedals set for steering. That allows me to use the joystick to move the turrets/guns while I'm on the move.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sabre I know about x & z for the gears, I have however noticed that if i operate both brake pedals on my saitek combat pedals it works. I'm confused coz only one pedal is in use on the axis settings (y = right pedal) yet i have to keep both down to go straight' if i lift toe off the left pedal i go in circles yet that pedal is not allocated in the axis settings.if i lift off the right pedal or both pedals i stop. Another strange thing is if i just use pedals to go forward i travel about 30-35 kph, if i press w as well i accelerate up to about 42-45 kph. I really have no idea what is going on. I originaly wanted to set my controls exactly how you have them. even the q key and e key do different things at different times when trying to target or aim. I will just have to plod on and see what i can sort out, Oh well, back to Arma 3 LOL.

Ever since the last update....I have same issues. Tried everything to get vehicles to accelerate. No matter where it's mapped or what I do. Sometimes, if I reboot my computer it'll all go back to the way it was before the update. But then if I leave the mission, it goes back to not working again....It isn't anything I'm doing or not doing because I have done all of this stuff before with no issues, it seems to be a bug. A very annoying bug that prevents me from using CA.

I totally agree, I have had similar issues with controls screwed up after updates in previous posts. I don't want to upset anyone but I have never heard of games such as " call of duty, medal of honour, the battlefield series; the list goes on" having such control issues, it reminds me of the old adage " we've got your money, now f%&k off". DO they really not test anything before release anymore, I mean for Gods sake. Just look how fast they are pumping out new aircraft modules compared to a couple of years ago ! Eagle Dynamics your getting greedy like the big boys, " EA Games, Ubisoft etc. Anyway, balls to it. Gonna have my Christmas Dinner. Thank for all replies, Cheers.

You are a bit to negative on this issue. Especially today...

There are some issues with the controls sometimes but they can be fixed usually by the user by simply deleting the correspondent folder from C:\Users\your user\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input and from \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\your plane\Input\ or \DCS World\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Input and then repairing the game with the: [ "\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair ] command.

CA has some issues... some bothers me also... like the Acceleratior pedal axis and lack of brake and the problem with pumping the pedal to move after ejection... or lack of separated and/or editable controls for ejected pilot.

Does that mean that ED is after EA etc? meh...

One example from me. I bought Arma3 and I'm still baffled by the obnoxious absurd way the controls are made to be edited... like the whole interface... but that doesn't mean Bohemia Interactive are bad... just "obnoxious different" :D

:beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Dear all,

sorry for join this conversation.

I am new here and I do not know how to open a new thread.

I do have a similar problem. I fly the MiG-21BIS in DCS. After the update I have a gear Problem. When the throttle is over 85% the aircraft turns to left and when I take the throttle back then it rolls to the right. This is increased when the gear is down. Any advice.

Sorry again Shaz56 to rape your thread.

Buschi