DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

On 5/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, chfeng said:

Hey everyone,

I could not figure out what is TCPTM stated in AH_64D. Can anyone answer

Hi chfeng!

Please check User Reference html located in: CTS/Docs/HTML/DCS_User_Reference.html

It's TARGET-Based Central Position Trimmer Mode.

I'll attach a screenshot of this fragment of User Reference.

Clipboard01.png

• 3 weeks later...

Server is down I told HomeFires hopefully he will get it back on soon..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 weeks later...

Might be me just being stupid, but I can't get any of the AI menu to show up. would be nice to give my gunner in the Mi24 or ah64 commands. Im using Warthog whit 2 mfd and VR

What buttons do I press to get it working?

On 6/18/2023 at 6:46 AM, Vaff said:

Might be me just being stupid, but I can't get any of the AI menu to show up. would be nice to give my gunner in the Mi24 or ah64 commands. Im using Warthog whit 2 mfd and VR

What buttons do I press to get it working?

In VR, S1 (which normally activates George/Petrovich) is the VR Zoom command.  For the AH-64, you need to use S3+S1 (long to enable George, short to disable).  For the Mi-24, you need to use the SC button (the eraserhead on the throttle).

Edited by Home Fries

Folks,

I know it's been a while since I posted, but the demands on my schedule are now less extreme than in recent past.  I have updated the script for the SA342 and the A-4, and 2.67 is in beta testing now.  Starting in July, I should be able to start addressing requested improvements.

• Like 1

Folks,

Just to manage expectations, version 2.67 is in closed beta testing now and should be released shortly.  However, 2.67 will not include the Strike Eagle.  I probably won't get to the mudhen until after the first week of July.

In the meantime, you'll be able to enjoy the completely redesigned A-4E profile!

• Thanks 1

Hi Home Fries,

Are you planning to buy the F-15E and make an additional profile it?

If so when is it coming (2 weeks)?

Thanks.

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

36 minutes ago, Dutch60 said:

Hi Home Fries,

Thanks.

I do have the F-15E, I just can't promise anything right away.  I'd say a literal two weeks is reasonable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Home Fries said:

I do have the F-15E, I just can't promise anything right away.  I'd say a literal two weeks is reasonable.

Thanks for looking into it for us, HF!

2 hours ago, Dutch60 said:

Hi Home Fries,

Thanks.

Man i just wanted to add that it is NOT EASY, especially these swappable-seat/multi-model profiles (like tomcat or apache or even MirageF1 with its two models from a single profile).  i tried to help this effort a few months ago and build a Mirage profile and after 4 weeks felt like i still was barely through one half.  HomeFries has the experience and ergonomics-patterns afer all these years and can do this faster than anybody!

17 hours ago, Home Fries said:

i9 13900KS  (H150i), RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM @ 6000 MHz CL30, TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD's, MFG Crosswind, LG 48GQ900, Valve Index VR, TrackIR 5, Win11 Pro x64

Version 2.67 is out.  It fixes the SA342 and fixes/greatly improves the A-4.

I'm currently working 2.68 for the F-15E.  I plan to release a bare-bones profile shortly, but since it shares code with the F/A-18 I want to make sure it's properly regression tested before I put it out for a public release.

• Like 3

Version 2.68 was just released into closed beta testing.  I'll give it a long weekend for regression testing, then release to the public.  Again, I just want to make sure that I didn't break the hornet.  I tested a number of configurations, but I can't test them all.

Here's a tease of the kind of mapping you can expect from my "bare bones" profile:

image.jpeg

Enjoy the weekend!  I'll release when I get back, showstopper bugs notwithstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Version 2.68 is released, which adds the F-15E Strike Eagle.  The profile is still a WIP, so any suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: For the WSO profile, be sure to add Joy_Btn25 and Joy_Btn26 as modifiers.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your work
I have installed the F-15E profiles for Cougar
All looks fine for pilot, but for WSO, there are plenty of red alerts. I have well created the 3 modifiers 30, 31 and 32, as for others planes
Do you have also that ? Is it simply because it's in WIP or do I have miss something ?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Oiz0

Sorry, I forgot to mention it in the manual.  For WSO, you need to set Joy_Btn25 and Joy_Btn26 as modifiers (the dogfight/boat switch positions).  Boat/DF aft is the left HCU, forward is the right HCU, and center is the flight controls (and right HCU by default).

I'll update the documentation.  Thanks for the catch!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Version 2.68 is released, which adds the F-15E Strike Eagle.  The profile is still a WIP, so any suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: For the WSO profile, be sure to add Joy_Btn25 and Joy_Btn26 as modifiers.

Fantastic thanks 

Version 2.69 is Released.  Enjoy the weekend!

F-15E Change Log:

• Added optional HSI heading/course commands to HOTAS and BRT/CON since TEMPO does not allow for long presses on the MFD OSBs.
  • Added Anti-Collision Lights to throttle (S3+T6/LTB) and S3 (shifted) functionality to Pilot MFD3.
  • Added combinations for owners of three and four MFDs.
  • Added finger lift functionality to Cougar TQS.
  • Reversed orientation of parking brake for consistency with other modules.
  • Warthog: substituted Radar Elevation with HUD Video Brightness to prevent sticky radar elevation when releasing S3.
  • Added CTS options to suppress TEMPO functionality on MFD1 if at least three MFDs are present.
  • Added option to set SRS Intercom to DX18.

P-51D Change Log:

• Added radiator oil/coolant management routine to H3 and LBRT

Known Issues:

• F-14: Starting the F-14 profile with the throttle pinky switch other than centered can cause applications launches and profile crashes.  Workaround: be sure the pinky switch is centered prior to loading the F-14.
  • P-51 (Cougar): Toggling logical Gear State with S3+T6 Long will also toggle the manual radiator switch.  Simply press T6 or S3+T6 again to toggle back.

Updated bindings since 2.68: F-15E, P-51D
Updated SnapViews since 2.68: none
Updated Custom Luas since 2.68: none

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.70 is released.  As I'll be out of pocket until Saturday, this has gone through closed beta testing.  Please report any issues, but I won't be able to attend to them until the weekend.

F-15E Change Log:

• Added enhanced CMD options for the Stick and Pinky/DF Switches.
  • Updated RHC/LHC mappings for WSO station and changed default (DF/Boat Center) to LHC.
  • Fixed TS3/Discord and Intercom on Cougar TQS T2/T3.

General Change Log:

• Updated diff.lua files for DCS 2.8.7.42583.

Known Issues:
F-14: Starting the F-14 profile with the throttle pinky switch other than centered can cause applications launches and profile crashes. Workaround: be sure the pinky switch is centered prior to loading the F-14.
P-51 (Cougar): Toggling logical Gear State with S3+T6 Long will also toggle the manual radiator switch. Simply press T6 or S3+T6 again to toggle back.

Updated bindings since 2.69: F-15E, Fw190A8, Fw190D9
Updated SnapViews since 2.69: none
Updated Custom Luas since 2.69: UH-1H

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.71 is out. 

Change Log:

Updated code template; requires TARGET 3.0.21.910 (or comment out the appropriate lines in DCS_World_Template.tmc).

• Mi-8: Added multicrew, moved ESBR to APENG/T1.
  • AH-64D: Added George TADS Store Target command to S3+H3L/R.
  • F-15E: Added pre-start switch macro to S3+SC with throttle in stop (Warthog).
  • Added Day/Night Display mode switch and MFD Backlighting to S3+ROSB10 and S3+APU (Warthog).

Known Issues:
F-14: Starting the F-14 profile with the throttle pinky switch other than centered can cause applications launches and profile crashes. Workaround: be sure the pinky switch is centered prior to loading the F-14.
P-51 (Cougar): Toggling logical Gear State with S3+T6 Long will also toggle the manual radiator switch. Simply press T6 or S3+T6 again to toggle back.

Updated bindings since 2.70: Mi-8, AH-64D, F-15E
Updated SnapViews since 2.70: none
Updated Custom Luas since 2.70: AV-8B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Kisi said:

Hello @Home Fries

I've updated CTS to 2.71 and TARGET to  3.0.21.910.

Now when I try to start the script I get this error:

Compile Error: Symbol not found: QT_BTN1 in target.tmh at line 869

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Have you compiled the profile with the latest version?

Hi Home Fries, 

Thanks again for your profile through all these years. 

I fly the Fa-18c and fly with a hotas Warthog. I have a problem with the right engine cranking (Rshift home). It used to work but now, It doesn’t anymore. It does work fine on the left engine cranking. 

I tested the throttle and the axis are working fine.

looking at the event tester, it seems that it uses Rctl end which is not the correct buttons. Does anyone have a similar issue ?

Kind regards, 

Cobra

SORRY, found the issue. I had reinstalled the game and forgot to load the .kb file 

Edited by cobragva