Clarify things - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
The_Fragger
3rd Party Developer

Send a message via ICQ to The_Fragger
Default Clarify things

Ok - just to clarify things.
I am no more under control of the BO-105. It will be a joint venture with a 3rd party and me. Again. the BO-105 is in the pipe but we all need to wait until she's in the first row. I'm also not happy with this situation but that's life -> unforseen stuff always lurking in the background. Furtheron - I'm not a coder. If I was, she would already been released. ED code is very special and it needs 1 Year+ to understand all it's functions and how to get things work properly. The only solution is that one have to contact an experienced team which is familiar with the code.
I cannot say it often enough - Please be patience

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH
https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Spoiler:

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene
CPU: Intel Core I7-2600K@3.40Ghz
RAM: 24 Gb
Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TS 4GB

HOTAS Warthog
Hofmann Simpad Rudders
Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law !
The_Fragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fragger View Post
I am no more under control of the BO-105. It will be a joint venture with a 3rd party and me. Again. the BO-105 is in the pipe but we all need to wait until she's in the first row. I'm also not happy with this situation but that's life -> unforseen stuff always lurking in the background. Furtheron - I'm not a coder. If I was, she would already been released. ED code is very special and it needs 1 Year+ to understand all it's functions and how to get things work properly. The only solution is that one have to contact an experienced team which is familiar with the code.
Thank you very much for the Info, it's good to hear that the BO-105 will not stay a dream but get real one day!

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 1800X, 32gb RAM, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
FragBum

Awesome.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
shagrat
ED Translator

So the bottomline is, things are going well. The BO-105 is contracted with a third Party, that knows DCS and how to do the code, the model and visuals are ready.
The only drawback is we need to wait, until the projects schedule of that 3rd party allow for taking on the code for the BO-105 and given that the model is ready, it likely does not take as long to finish it...

This is good news! Still love to see this childhood dream coming alive in DCS.

Fingers crossed, it doesn't take too long until we see an official announcement.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #5
Andy1966

Hello Fragger, Thank you for the info. My squad mates and I will eagerly await the release.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #6
Camino

Sounds great Fragger!

Are you able to say, if the different announced Versions are still remaining in the actual Plan?

Looking absolutely forward to this Module!

Thank you for keeping up on this und schöne Grüsse!
Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
Satarosa

Good luck I hope to quickly include this model in the REAL WAR world event !
Satarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the update! I really appreciate such updates as they give us some orientation on the projects current status.
I don't know if you can tell us, but I wonder if the 3rd party dev is one of the established 3rd parties of DCS or if it is a new one?
Anyways, I hope the cooperation works out well for you and that we will be able to get our hands on this bird in the end

Edit: I think I found the answer to my question after re-reading you posting:
Quote:
The BO-105 is in the pipe but we all need to wait until she's in the first row.
That sounds like it is one of the current 3rd party devs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
So the bottomline is, things are going well.
I guess that depends on the point of view. As Fragger himself said, he's not happy with the current situation, which is not really what I would translate into "things are going well", but they are progressing at least

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 10-15-2018 at 12:40 PM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #9
MrDieing

Good to hear from you The_Fragger! I hope we can take your bird to the skies in the not too distant future, looking forward to this little beauty!
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #10
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
I guess that depends on the point of view. As Fragger himself said, he's not happy with the current situation, which is not really what I would translate into "things are going well", but they are progressing at least
From what I read into the post the alternative would have been to further look for a partnership and prolonging the project even more.

And I take any kind of delay over a cancellation of this baby!

Let's hope they can take it on sooner than later... :innocent:

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote