Red Flag Mirage campaign impressive work! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Thanks, I thought I fixed those MiGs, I will check it!
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #12
Accipiter

Is mission #6 designed to be a failure?

I am defeated every time by the enemy A.I. They are simple too strong in this mission. The 530's and Magics are woefully under par. It shows here! Even the F16's are no match for the enemy.

Unless there is a trick...LOL!

Cheers
Old 10-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #13
baltic_dragon

Happened to me only a few times, in most cases the AI was doing OK - though I never went in the first line, send the other guys ahead of you. IIRC the Blue side has higher skills than the Red, so it should be fine. Of course sometimes the AI does stupid things, but most of the times it was OK... guess you have a lot of weird adventures with this campaign...at least M05 played OK?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #14
Accipiter

Unbelievable! I spent all afternoon on this one mission. Died 6 times!

Finally held back in 25k high altitude position. I sent in the F16's, tasked against the F-14's...All died! Sent in the M2k's, tasked against the Phantoms, all died. I even deployed my wingman into the fray..he died as well!!!

LOL...No one left to talk to on way home?

Interesting how you have the chit chat on the way, about the M2k and the 530's being out of date! Against the A.I. I think they are. You cant get a semi active lock for long enough, before some wise ass A.I. is on your tail!

If I could modify this mission (I know you have locked them) I would add an extra flight of F-16's with Amrams. Seemingly, the odds are too great for the Blue force.

Its great fun, but I think you have to expect to loose a few against those super human enemy A.I.

Cheers.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #15
baltic_dragon

I will have to give it a whirl and check what is going on, it shouldn't be like this! Either you have extremely bad luck or something has changed with regard to the AI or missiles with one of the last updates...
EDIT: if you really can't beat it (and who can blame you for having enough after 5-6 times) set yourself as invincible and destroy at least some airplanes, then RTB, it should progress... I know it doesn't sound too good, but I've never had trouble during the tests and I flew it many times. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 10-13-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #16
Accipiter

I reflew again, with invulnerable on, as you suggested.

This was #7 try.

I flew orbit at 25000. Stood back, ordered F16's in with Amraams, priority F-14's. Then the M2k with orders to wait until no escape zone established. Priority F4's.

Amrams had some success but Tomcats got the upper hand. Over the F16's.

M2k's rapidly got into trouble and after the call "need some help", I engaged with my wingman (radar on engage bandits). Wingman went down to F4 AIM7's. I ended up alone with two Tomcats, an F4 and two Tigers.

I had a nice dogfight with the remaining fighters. Scored two kills, one with 530"s one with guns. I would have been shot to pieces without immortal on. I got a couple of Sidewinders up my tailpipe and about a thousand rounds of 20mm.

I would be interested in any feedback from others too!

Seemingly, the F-14's may have been "beefed up", perhaps prior to the impending new release?

In the missions I have done, the enemy AI were always superhuman. Especially with a full compliment of missiles. I tended to give the enemy AI a reduced armament to try to compensate?

The friendly AI were never as good as enemy AI. The number of times my flight has flown into a mountain, or refused to obey orders, used to put me off making missions. Even as mission designer, I saw how unbalanced things could get when I relied on the AI to "behave" realistically.

Anyhow I'm on to mission #7 now. It's a great campaign.

Cheers

David
Old 10-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #17
baltic_dragon

I’ll put up a post on M6 to ask others about their experience and may just decrease the Red Force skills and maybe also reduce number of missiles. If I find some time I will also play the mission AI only from the moment when the fight is on and see what happens. I really appreciate your feedback and resolve to play one mission so many times (I’ve done the same with all of them, but I had different reasons). Looking forward to any more findings!
Old 10-14-2018, 12:59 PM   #18
Accipiter

I tried to upload the Zip ACMI file, but DCS forum says it exceeds the limit 10.22 mb over 9.77...????? Very annoying. I don't know how to compress it smaller?

I can email it to you?

See Dropbox link in the next post.

The thing that's revealed is the Aggressor Tigers are firing Matra R550 Magics. Is that correct? They account for a lot of downed blue jets.

Regards
David

Last edited by Accipiter; 10-14-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Accipiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #19
Accipiter

Baltic Dragon.

Here is the TACVIEW file I uploaded to Dropbox. FF to the action and you will see what I mean I am on "invulnerable" here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/67v4z6y0xf....zip.acmi?dl=0

Cheers
David
Old 10-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #20
baltic_dragon

[QUOTE=Accipiter;3656101]I tried to upload the Zip ACMI file, but DCS forum says it exceeds the limit 10.22 mb over 9.77...????? Very annoying. I don't know how to compress it smaller?

I can email it to you?

See Dropbox link in the next post.

The thing that's revealed is the Aggressor Tigers are firing Matra R550 Magics. Is that correct? They account for a lot of downed blue jets.

Regards
David[/QUOTE

Thanks will have a look. They have standard AIM-9s, it either is a tacview artifact or a bug. I will have a look!