After the Tomcat?

carss

I think Razbam said about it some time back then polychop I believe, but I think that one will be unlikely.

Come on Heatblur! After the beautiful Tomcat of course....

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I guess one of those 3rd party devs was VEAO. They literally have been working on a module for every single plane that existed if I remember their old roadmaps right, SCNR pinkiepieexcited.png

Heatblur has lots of tech done already in the Viggen and the upcoming Tomcat to be able to make a Tornado module reality. The other dev teams don't. And I'd prefer HB anyway pinkie-approved.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Heatblur has lots of tech done already in the Viggen and the upcoming Tomcat to be able to make a Tornado module reality. And I'd prefer HB anyway

Yep. That`s why I will still bet my money on Heatblur. Would love to fly a Tornado from them in 2020. :thumbup:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

This peaked my interest. Which ones?

Mainly RAZBAM and Polychop said that they have plans for a Tornado. RAZBAM even posted a screenshot of an early Tornado mesh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2925744&postcount=84

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2923301&postcount=56

VEAO did also show interest in making a Tornado in the past, but their plans have changed obviously.

Despite the announcements of Polychop and especially RAZBAM, I still think that a Tornado from Heatblur is more feasible, due to the reasons stated by Eldur above.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mainly RAZBAM and Polychop said that they have plans for a Tornado. RAZBAM even posted a screenshot of an early Tornado mesh:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2925744&postcount=84

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2923301&postcount=56

VEAO did also show interest in making a Tornado in the past, but their plans have changed obviously.

Despite the announcements of Polychop and especially RAZBAM, I still think that a Tornado from Heatblur is more feasible, due to the reasons stated by Eldur above.

I hope Razbam wont take the Tornado. Though I cant see HB doing it. I think they are going with american modules to use to the max their tech developped in the F14

I hope Razbam wont take the Tornado. Though I cant see HB doing it. I think they are going with american modules to use to the max their tech developped in the F14

A lot of HBs tech is actually VERY suited for the Tornado (they did not just develop tech for the Tomcat, but also for the Viggen in case you forgot). Some examples of Heatblur tech needed for the Tornado:

- Ground mapping Radar (Viggen)

- Jester AI (Tomcat)

- Variable Sweep Wing (Tomcat)

- Thrust Reverse (Viggen)

- Monochrome display shader tech (Viggen + Tomcat)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

A-6 Intruder - Iconic

The biggest + for the A-6 compared to all other requests/wishes, at least that we know of, is that it is under active development.

- they have a 3D model of the A-6

- it is coming as an AI plane

- they are trying to get a license for it from ED, thats why they develop it with "DCS A-6E" in mind

That said, i wish the next module from HB is an A-6, but that doesn't mean that i don't wish for a Tornado/A-7.....done by HB, after the A-6. :smilewink:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

A-6E would be really really nice too of course, because multicrew (2 players can fly together). Can it carry a targeting pod though?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Can it carry a targeting pod though?

Afaik not. Only the special purpose A-6C was equipped with the so called Trails/Roads Interdiction Multi-sensor pod (TRIM pod), which was one of the first TGPs in history. It was used in the Vietnam war to interdict the Hoh-Chi-Minh trail.

But other than that I'm not aware of any TGP usage on the A-6.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Afaik not. Only the special purpose A-6C was equipped with the so called Trails/Roads Interdiction Multi-sensor pod (TRIM pod), which was one of the first TGPs in history. It was used in the Vietnam war to interdict the Hoh-Chi-Minh trail.

But other than that I'm not aware of any TGP usage on the A-6.

That's because it's integrated into the chin turret.

A6TRAM.jpg

That's because it's integrated into the chin turret.

Oh, I see. That makes sense :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wow nice find! Interesting pod concept!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

For me the most interesting feature is the DIANE system of the A-6. It is what makes the bird night and all weather capable, beside the TGP.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...

Eternal Beta

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

Congrats. One of the reasons I don’t bite on aircraft as soon as they are released is the bugs aren’t worked out until way, way after initial release, some if even then on some aircraft. Hence the “eternal beta rut”. I give them two thumbs up on fighting against the eternal beta approach. Seems like in DCS it’s more or less the norm for releases to be in beta mode for what seems like an eternity. Personally, I’d rather have a finished product before they shove their resources into the next greatest thing.

Finish baking what you’ve got first before running off to find another recipe to make - whatever the hell that means.

No disrespect to the OP. Always fun to dream tho.

After the Tomcat, and I know that this has probability been requested a lots time before, I would love a extension for Viggen with JA 37 version (early without cockpit and aim-120 amraam updates shouldn't be too different from AJ 37 and take lot of time and resources).

Even as a payable add on

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Or F-4 phantom, another multicrew aircraft! :) Or mulitcrew Mi-24? Or F-16

After the Tomcat, and I know that this has probability been requested a lots time before, I would love a extension for Viggen with JA 37 version (early without cockpit and aim-120 amraam updates shouldn't be too different from AJ 37 and take lot of time and resources).

Even as a payable add on

I would buy a JA-37 module even if it's a separate full price module, but unfortunately I doubt it will ever happen (some systems is still classified as they are used in the Gripen as well, that's another module I'd happily pay for btw).