Impressed with 2.5

jcagle

While there is still so much more work to be done squashing bugs and adding features, DCS World has been amazing to me for quite some time. The graphics of 2.5 are breathtaking while also having an excellent choice of aircraft to fly. VR is also supported fairly well. There are several decent combat flight sims and civil flight sims to choose from, but DCS World is by far my favorite and gets most of my PC flying time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, we are lucky to witness some beautiful years for all of us aviation simming enthusiast, and this is mostly thanks to this amazing company that is ED, that is holding a niche market like this one delivering a wonderful piece of software that is getting better and better.

Thank you so much ED and everyone involved (including this wonderful community providing mods, content, campaigns, manuals or maintaining a MP server or support) for the hours of enjoyment you have gifted to me

PD: I dont know if this was the thread for this praise, but just felt like its not said enough.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yes I was playing since the Lock-On era ... but took a loooonnggg break from it to play arma III (for years).

I just came back few weeks ago and was astonished to what 2.5 became. The mission editor letting us script with LUA is an AWESOME feature, giving the community all the necessary tools to keep that world alive.

Could you imagine a military sim world that has the Arma 3 ground spec + DCS air specs. Wow .... maybe in 10 years from now!

Yeah, I had to a break as well, a "couple weeks" turned into a couple years, too. Life sure goes by fast anymore. Coming back, I agree the difference is almost night and day. Arma 3 type play incorporated into DCS? That's been my hope for the Combined Arms module since the beginning! Maybe some day :)