How to only use the center smoke pod in the L-39

piXel496

I've had a tremendous amount of problems activating the smoke pods.

Even times when I have all 3 and I have the configuration correctly, sometimes you have to just pull the trigger 10+ times in a row to get them to finally activate.

I have never once been able to activate a single center pod regardless of configuration or trigger pulls

You have to press LCtrl + W two times before pressing the trigger twice.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

• 4 weeks later...
Emergency jettison? Of course why did I not think about that... :doh:

It worked thx!

Even this seems to only work some times.. I'd guess there's some bug, I'm sometimes trying really hard to get it working and nothing happens but sometimes I just hit weapon release and it's on. I don't really know what's going on there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried doing so exactly like you illustrated here and yet no success. All of a sudden, it sometimes works, without me clicking anything prior. Then, a few seconds later, I can't even disable the smoke pod anymore.

Seems like there are a few bugs around there or I'm an idiot. Some times it works right away, some times it doesn't work at all.

Edited by codefox

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get the center smoke pod get to work either

I don't even see it :huh:, though it is listed during briefing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

There's nothing to see as there's no center pod per se... the smoke will come right out of the exhaust. If it's selected and listed, it's installed.

Are you guys trying this in MP or SP? For me, the SP works every single time. No double tapping or messing with anything. Arm, safety off, trigger, done.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

I'm in SP and it just won't work for me...

I think I'm missing something

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It is not a joke. As mentioned before, it works if you use Emergency jettison (switch with red safety cover) and jazz with the switches in MP. I have not tried in SP.

And the center smoke comes from the exhaust outlet , there is no pod in external view as GeorgeLKMT said. (illustration and nice to watch.)

Edited by piXel496
that it works using emergency jettison probably is a bug.

It is not a joke. As mentioned before, it works if you use Emergency jettison (switch with red safety cover) and jazz with the switches in MP. I have not tried in SP.

And the center smoke comes from the exhaust outlet , there is no pod in external view as GeorgeLKMT said.

After switching both, the green and red jettison buttons it worked for the first time (just minutes ago),

then I tired it again and it didn't!

There is definitely something fishy about this smoke

v. 1.5.1 still doesn't works...

(anyone making the Breitling Jet Team livery?) :music_whistling:

I think there's a minimum speed limit for deploying weapons that also applies to the smoke dispenser.

When "ARMS" C/Bs are in ON position and when the speed is above 310 ± 15 km/h the "STAND ALERT" advisory light on the fwd cockpit lower armament indication panel and on the aft cockpit left armament indication panel comes on.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I think there's a minimum speed limit for deploying weapons that also applies to the smoke dispenser.

There is, however, even above the minimum speed (with the light engaged) it's flaky.

Also, if you drop below 300 km/h, you can no longer turn off your smoke. =P

It could be, that I misinterpreted the position of the stick's safety switch...

It is ARMED in the position showed in VBDJT_Vipers post

ooor I could blame ED: they fixed it now in v. 1.5.1.47025 :music_whistling:

Anyway this is solved and to me it works as intended now :doh: