[WIP] Combined Arms HUD and reticle mod.

First off, if it is an issue with this being in the general forum, feel free to move it. I just wasn't sure about putting it in the modding forum since it seems like most people interested in CA would come here first.

With DCS 1.5 and 2.0 coming soon I wanted to try and work on the ground vehicle HUD, since it is kinda low quality looking and needs some work. Not sure what we will get for CA in DCS 1.5, but I thought I'd work on it anyway.

The first thing I did was fixed up the Bradley sights as you can see from the image below. The range text was about to fall out the bottom and the weapons designation was being cutoff at the bottom too. I also reworked the TOW reticle (which is used by other vehicles with ATGM's as well). I gave it just a little bit of glow to make it look more believable looking.

For the main HUD, which all vehicles inherit, I toned down the tank compass in the top right and removed the bearing indicator up top (for now). I'm not sure how much I actually need the bearing indicator in SP. What do you guys think about bringing it back, just a little less in your face? I think I can tone it down a bit.

I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in this kind of mod. :v:

Bradley_TOW.jpg

Edited by Vandal71
  • Like 1

Hey, that doesn't look bad.

I can't judge whether it is realistic or not since I have never used a TOW in real life. But I like it, and I also like the change of the compass.

I've never looked through a Bradley sight either (I was an Abrams driver at one time.), so I don't know what they look like either. I just know I didn't like the default, it looked too cartoonish.

I started with the Bradley first since it's range finder section needed fixing. I'll probably separate these into two different mods. One for the general HUD changes and one for the specific reticle mods.

Looks quite good! Well done!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Personally, I like the idea :thumbup:

May be the line of the cross hair to do a little bit thinner + black and press "F" to illuminate.

Screenshots from SB Pro pe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=104003&d=1409741045

attachment.php?attachmentid=104004&d=1409741085

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Well the sights in the Russian CA vehicles are being constantly improved. The only reason that vehicles from other countries aren't receiving the same attention probably comes down to a lack of reference material. If you go the info - share it with ED.

Personally, I like the idea :thumbup:

May be the line of the cross hair to do a little bit thinner + black and press "F" to illuminate.

Thanks for the reference. I own SBPro, but I don't have it installed since I reloaded everything on my new system. I think I can make the reticle toggle like the Abrams. I'll look into that later.

It seems that my transparent backing for the range may need to go back to opaque since that is what SBPro is showing.

I also managed to change the drivers position to more of a commanders unbuttoned position. The best thing is that you can rotate 360 degrees and use your binoculars!! Why have a driver and gunner when you can have a commander/driver and gunner? :clap_2:

I would like to rework the binoculars but I cannot seem to find the files associated with it or it's graphics.

TC_Hatch.jpg

Edited by Vandal71

I used to be a lav gunner. Same turret as a Bradley (depending on the variant and obviously minus the TOW though). The day sight actually has a very complicated reticle that looks like this-

f36be7025e3ea533bb0d2b93484e79d9.jpg

The thermal sight is a simple cross that looks like your mod although it is green and much more 'cartoonish'.

I'll post up some pics if I can find some when I get home.