New Fulcrum PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce. - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #51
pepin1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
Remember ''I don't like this'' and ''this isn't correct'' are not synonymous. The other difference is that most the people.flying this fairly touchy aircraft are not professional MiG-29 pilots. Regardless of its characteristics, it's not surprising the RL pilots are smoother Smoother means less bouncy bouncy, too.
If nobody use the Mig-29 in Multiplayer you assume we should not tell “I don’t t like this”. All right, all right...

I advise you if you are not a Mig-29 pilot stop throw your OT post about TAXI behavior in a thread is talking about touchdowns and landing.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #52
powerload

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitriKozlowsky View Post
I don't think the problem is my technique. I land F-5E, Mig-21, and AV-8B, without a problem. There are two issues with Mig-29 PFM (both A & S). First is pitch control. I use X56, and my pitch curve for -29PFM is 40. Normally it is 25. So a pixel's worth of pitch deflection, as seen in on screen stick control, causes inordinate amount of pitch. Second is exaggerated bounce. There are two types of bad bounce. First is main gear bounce, due to excessive VV. Second, more insidious one, and one that does not make sense, is front gear bounce and rebounce, with each one picking up more energy, untill A/C is back in the air, despite throttle down to idle, and drogue chute out. Like Flubber from Disney.
+1

MiG-29 in FC3 bounces like a bastard on landing, specifically the nose gear. It's as if there is a shock amplifier rather than a shock absorber on the front landing strut. No other aircraft in DCS (I have most of them) behaves even remotely similarly in landing. I have no way of telling whether it's realistic design fault or a simulation issue.
powerload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #53
Airhunter

I have no problems flying or landing the 29. Just fly the speeds, flare properly and make sure the damper is on at all times. (No red warning on the caution and warning panel).

For landing, come in perferably in a somewhat flat approach, pass the runway treshhold at around 300-320kph and touch down at 260-270kph. Gauge the closure rate in your peripheral vision by the speed the runway closes on you and flare with very small inputs as it's very pitch sensitive. Also make sure you are trimmed out during the whole approach.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #54
Auditor

This is going to be anecdotal, but I spent about an hour doing pattern laps in the A and the S just to see if I noticed anything different, and I haven't. It's still landing the same way for me.

Like Airhunter said above, except I typically come in a little nose-high and then gently settle over the runway before flaring at about 280-300kph. I prefer keeping it nose-up because that allows me to come in with a little bit of power (never bring one of these in on idle power).

On touchdown, I keep nose-high for as long as I'm able to before gently setting the nosegear down and deploying the chute.

This is just my strategy and I treat it a little more carefully than I need to, but that's what works for me. I got the idea on treating it this way from watching real-life 29A videos where they basically do exactly that and maintain nose-up attitude for a short distance down the runway. I've noticed in DCS you have to maintain nose-up probably longer than you would IRL to slow down similar distances, but that's kind of a minor thing.

Last edited by Auditor; 05-18-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #55
draconus

It's not about how it's done properly. Everyone can learn that eventually. It's how it behaves after nose bounce. It is mentioned in the manual that 29 is prone to that but the huge jump we experience now is unbelievable. It's not that somebody does that IRL so no manual or SME can help here - only math and flight modeller can save the aircraft to behave rationally. It's a sim after all so we should be able to simulate every dumb thing the pilots do and expect the aircraft to behave as IRL.

Last edited by draconus; 05-19-2019 at 10:31 AM.
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #56
yufighter

Send a message via ICQ to yufighter Send a message via MSN to yufighter

My great success. I jumped only once when landing. Is there any better result?

Attached Files
File Type: trk 29 sletanje Vaziani2.trk (488.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by yufighter; 05-20-2019 at 04:21 PM.
yufighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #57
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yufighter View Post
My great success. I jumped only once when landing. Is there any better result?
You mean, other than not bouncing at all? Nice landing.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Last edited by Ironhand; 05-20-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #58
Airhunter

Just get a 100 landings in and it'll be second nature.
Airhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #59
Dr Zaius

Give bad weather / low visibility a try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT66IObH6aw&t=112s

32 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Crucial SSD (750 GB)
TrackIR 5
TMWH
TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Acer Predator X34 Curved IPS LED
MFD Cougars attached to 12" EYOYO-HD LCD monitor

Last edited by Dr Zaius; 05-20-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Dr Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #60
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
Doesn't look all that different. But you're right, there is a bit more nose bouncing, though he's getting some too:

You have a lot more sensitive controls and aircraft reacts much faster, more like on rails.
Looking the stick movement in real Soviet aircraft, they throw the stick around a lot for minor corretions, and aircraft barely moves as they do the small corrections quickly with big stick angles.

i have the VKB 200mm extension and yet MiG and Sukhoi are more sensitive than on IRL videos. and you should never be required to dd any curves or sensitivity.
In DCS i have the general feeling that aircrafts has too much "bite" in the air, too little inertia from high mass and that you have too much control authority, with even small inputs.