New Fulcrum PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce. - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #41
Eviscerador

I'm enjoying the plane so much. The only things that kills me is the lack of fuel paired with the thirsty engines.

The speed and agility is superb though. I never found a problem either taking off or landing. I have busted more tyres on the Su 25T or the Eagle than in the new Fulcrum.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:29 AM   #42
pepin1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavnet View Post
I completely agree.

but why I have to adapt to FM so unnatural?! At any speed and at any AOA, at landing the plane bounces catastrophically!! The management of the throttle is "science fiction": at 80% the plane continues to accelerate !!! So many people claim everything is ok. I think they see a miracle every time they land without destroying the plane.
As many I try to get landing well done, as many I do wrong. Very hard to drive on landing and the rolling have very slow response while the pitch is extremely sensitive to the minimum joystick movement at low speed.

It is something that go to the contrary of the real life, while Mig-21 and Mig-23 have higher speed on landing in our Mig-29 PFM if you get a little bit faster than 300kph you get really bad response with lot of joystick sensitive and bouncing like 10m high. I am not happy with this PFM.

Honestly in a constructive way I think need to be little bit tuned
Old 04-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #43
grafspee

mig-21 and -23 is completly difrent world. yes in mig-29 you have to keep your speed very precise. for me mig-29 land and t/o like a charm btw watch for tail strike during take off dont let it roll too soon
grafspee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #44
pepin1234

Look the constantly correction the pilot do. If I do the same the nose of the Mig get crazy uncontrollable nose up and down, banking at low speed. I remember my last dogfight with this PFM all become me into a Rodeo riding the bull and shoot down. I have a Hotas Warthog. I was thinking ED ask for what kind of joystick we have to close the most populares Joystick curves by default in every PFM made by them.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #45
cro_mig_21

Look the constantly correction the pilot do. If I do the same the nose of the Mig get crazy uncontrollable nose up and down, banking at low speed. I remember my last dogfight with this PFM all become me into a Rodeo riding the bull and shoot down. I have a Hotas Warthog. I was thinking ED ask for what kind of joystick we have to close the most populares Joystick curves by default in every PFM made by them.[/QUOTE]
It`s all about the curves and deadzones...I have an 28cm extension on my TM warthog stick and quite large deadzone (6 I think) and curve (somewhere around 25) for the pitch axis.
With that kind of setup I can perform precise pitch axis movements as well as yanking the stick just like in the video...large movements for small inputs. I have set up curves and deadzones for all my modules so that they feel "just right".
Old 04-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #46
cro_mig_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post

Look the constantly correction the pilot do. If I do the same the nose of the Mig get crazy uncontrollable nose up and down, banking at low speed. I remember my last dogfight with this PFM all become me into a Rodeo riding the bull and shoot down. I have a Hotas Warthog. I was thinking ED ask for what kind of joystick we have to close the most populares Joystick curves by default in every PFM made by them.
It`s all about the curves and deadzones...I have an 28cm extension on my TM warthog stick and quite large deadzone (6 I think) and curve (somewhere around 25) for the pitch axis.
With that kind of setup I can perform precise pitch axis movements as well as yanking the stick just like in the video...large movements for small inputs. I have set up curves and deadzones for all my modules so that they feel "just right".
Old 04-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #47
yufighter

Send a message via ICQ to yufighter Send a message via MSN to yufighter

It's very interesting to look at the logbook. Due to the excessive sensitivity of the new PFM, the number of registered landings has been increased several times. Check it out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190403_161924.png
Views:	120
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	207883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190403_161933.png
Views:	121
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	207884  
yufighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #48
zhukov032186

Quote:
Originally Posted by yufighter View Post
It's very interesting to look at the logbook. Due to the excessive sensitivity of the new PFM, the number of registered landings has been increased several times. Check it out!
Lol I never thought about that, but yeah if you come fully off the ground and touch down again it will probably count it separately... but then, non-fatal crashes are counted as landings, too =)

If the plane touched the ground and you didn't die, it's a succesful landing, don't worry about those pesky details
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #49
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post

Doesn't look all that different. But you're right, there is a bit more nose bouncing, though he's getting some too:

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:13 PM   #50
zhukov032186

Tbh, I was watching a MiG-29 taxi in a video earlier today and when hitting the brakes the nose would surge up and down noticeably. He wasn't going particularly fast, either. Whether like it or not, personally I think it's pretty close.

Remember ''I don't like this'' and ''this isn't correct'' are not synonymous. The other difference is that most the people.flying this fairly touchy aircraft are not professional MiG-29 pilots. Regardless of its characteristics, it's not surprising the RL pilots are smoother Smoother means less bouncy bouncy, too.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote