New Fulcrum PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce. - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #31
DmitriKozlowsky

So deploying flaps for landing turns off pitch damping. How does that makes any kind of sense?
DmitriKozlowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #32
mvsgas
Veteran

I just saw this video, in it they show a Mig-29 simulator and pilot says that the aircraft if very sensitive even with damper on
EvilBivol-1

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=Gigabyte RTX 2070, 8gb gddr 6, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64
mvsgas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:10 AM   #33
Snappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvsgas View Post
I just saw this video, in it they show a Mig-29 simulator and pilot says that the aircraft if very sensitive even with damper on

Well,

For one, this is a different model of the mig-29 as you can easily see from the more modern glass cockpit.Likely an M-Model/Project 9.15 variant.These feature an FBW system which is another matter entirely.
Secondly I‘ve also watched a few other episodes of that „combat approved“ series and am not to keen on the english translation as it is often exaggerated or simplicistic in regard to technical points.

I think the Pilot/ Engineer meant to say, that the plane needs to be flown with carefulinput(like most aircraft), especially in the context of air to air refueling.

For another take on the MIG-29 flight handling (Mig29G Model) I recommend
this interview with a West German exchange pilot that was among the first who flew the former east german Mig29 .
From 25:00 on he talks about the flight controls and especially from 26:00 about how large inputs are required to get the aircraft really into maneuvering:

Kind regards,

Snappy

Last edited by Snappy; 11-02-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Youtube embedding
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #34
flavnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitriKozlowsky View Post
New Fulcrum A PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce on landing.
I completely agree.
I opened a thread in FC3 - MIG29 page of this forum about the difficulties of the FM with respect to the simulation. Who was kind enough to answer me, wrote that I would need more practice. Surely I can train a lot and MAYBE I get the desired results, but why I have to adapt to FM so unnatural?! At any speed and at any AOA, at landing the plane bounces catastrophically!! The management of the throttle is "science fiction": at 80% the plane continues to accelerate !!! So many people claim everything is ok. I think they see a miracle every time they land without destroying the plane.

Last edited by flavnet; 11-02-2018 at 11:19 PM.
flavnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #35
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavnet View Post
I completely agree.
I opened a thread in FC3 - MIG29 page of this forum about the difficulties of the FM with respect to the simulation. Who was kind enough to answer me, wrote that I would need more practice. Surely I can train a lot and MAYBE I get the desired results, but why I have to adapt to FM so unnatural?! At any speed and at any AOA, at landing the plane bounces catastrophically!! The management of the throttle is "science fiction": at 80% the plane continues to accelerate !!! So many people claim everything is ok. I think they see a miracle every time they land without destroying the plane.
So maybe the S(Simple)FM was better for you? Maybe there's a way to restore that so the FM is more to your liking?

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: Samsung Odyssey+ | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #36
zhukov032186

@snappy
I doubt there's a way to 'gear' control response to somebody's stick. Moving the control 15' is 15' on both a desktop or extension, it's only different on the users end in a way that makes it easier to perform small adjustments by virtue of leverage. The ingame curvature settings ARE how you adjust for unit differences.

@dmitry
I don't get why you're complaining about having a different pitch curve on that plane. I've ALWAYS adjusted planes individually. You kinda have to if you want them to fly half way right.

@flavnet
I'll trust ED and their team over forum armchair engineers talking about their opinions and feels

Last edited by zhukov032186; 11-03-2018 at 12:48 AM.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #37
AeriaGloria

Flavnet, there’s no rules about what percentages planes can’t accelerate at. There’s a reason the RD-33 are called powerful. Also I suggest you study the video on the long MiG-29 FM thread where a Fulcrum pilot testing for ED lands it, you can see the AOA and speed the whole time, he stays 300 over the fence touches down no lower than 260 and the AOA doesnt go beyond 11. Be patient and learn the quirks of the plane, that’s what flying is about
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #38
Lixma 06

I do love the way the 29 rears up during take-off.
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #39
impeller83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
I do love the way the 29 rears up during take-off.
Yeah, kinda feels like a massive acceleration right. And all the black exhaust dirt she leaves behind. Love this aircraft now.

Have landed/take off now for several times, haven't popped a wheel once. She is a lot more to handle now, love it

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
impeller83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #40
AeriaGloria

I was dedicated flanker driver my entire simming career. But now I’m doing the MiG-29S campaign missions and campaign over and over again, the raw powerful feeling, the smaller margin of safety at,low altitude, the care and attention to trimming and the much more pronounced than flanker FCS changes in pitch response through speed and altitude.

Unlike the flanker I have not gotten the wings to rip. I turn off dampener(light off), hold down stick limiter, full stick at above 500kmh IAS but I think it’s just too stable to pull enough AOA to rip the wings off.

Wing flex is beautiful!
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote